Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kat's 11425 400 Watt 34mm Frost Plug Heater
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 14, 2014
Was going to have car shop install this, but said it would not fit. Personally I don't even think they tried as it was still in box with no grease or oil on it and I wasn't charged for work on the freeze plug. I would have thought that they would have to install a new freeze plug after taking off the one to fit this heater. I give it a 4 star since I don't know if it would have worked or not. If I ever get around to trying to install it my self or some one who will try, I will give it another rating.
on February 22, 2010
I put this on my 1986 GMC S15 pickup - same as a Chevy S10 pickup - with the 2.8L V6 engine. It goes near where the smog pump is supposed to be, below the alternator, and I believe the spec is to point it at 9 o'clock. The location is easy to get to on this engine, but if you have a transverse it will likely be a different story. I was patient and I did not plug it in until I had started the engine cold and ran the engine for 15 minutes to ensure all bubbles were out. The freeze plug wasn't too hard to pull out, but I do wish that the brass screw heads weren't so weak. Since it has a rubber seal and I want this thing to not leak, I torqued those screws pretty good. They should have bolt heads and a torque specification, but oh well. I think it used some stupid kind of hex or Allen wrench size I didn't like. So far it works well and I noticed it helps even the battery temperature since just this block heater will melt snow off the hood, so that must help the cold cranking amps, too. Should be 4.5 stars for the stupid screws.
on July 8, 2012
This product is listed as fitting the 3.4L DOHC engine installed in some Luminas, Cutlass Supremes, and Grand Prix.

This WILL NOT fit the core hole specified by GM on this engine. The heater element is the wrong shape to clear the middle cylinder.

A Zerostart #3100015 fits very nicely.
[...]