Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on December 7, 2008
It always worked fine on my John Deere 4230 until I attempted to remove it to use the tractor, yesterday. The heater housing came off in my hand. The housing plastic had melted and allowed the two mounting screws to slide out. The magnetic heating element was still on the oil pan and the plastic housing was in my hand. This is dangerous! The mounting screws need to be lengthened so the screw head protrudes outside the plastic housing. Maybe the heat will not affect the screw fastener mounting if it is redesigned in this manner, or similar? In any case, the design needs to be changed due to the danger.
22 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2008
This guy totally makes my car run more smoothly on startup. I have it set with a lamp-timer (you need a grounded one) to come on a couple of hours before I head off to work. The car runs and starts noticeably easier on cold days. I use it in Minneapolis, MN, my car is garaged in a separate building from my house. If it had a longer handle I could easily place and remove it as required, as it is I have it zip-tied into place.
on October 16, 2011
I bought this to pre-heat my diesel tractor and back hoe when it's too cold for a normal start. It works great, as long as you remember to turn it on a few hours before you need to start the engine. The magnet is very powerful. In fact, I can leave it in place while operating the machines and it's never fallen off, yet it's easy to move from machine to machine too ...
on December 17, 2007
Kats 300 watt magnetic block heater works like a charm. I stuck it to the bottom of the oil pan, plugged it in and left it overnight. Came back the next day, and the oil in the engine was warm. Works well.
on January 30, 2013
It is not compatible with cars these days. If you have a car >2008, you better check if your oil pan is made of steel.
on January 21, 2013
Easy use. Easy set up. You just have to make sure your oil pan is easy to get to and is metal.
on January 1, 2009
Used it once on a very cold morning for three hours; car started quickly without hesitation. Very easy to use.
on February 9, 2009
This product has saved us tons of time when we need to get the tractor started in the cold winter. It has always worked great. I would buy another one if I needed it and would suggest it to anyone who needs to heat the oil pan, block or other engine parts.
on February 28, 2016
Was $25 less than at out local hardware store. works good, One thing I found out about these magnet heaters, is that they don't constantly draw the wattage they are rated at, just for a few minutes until they get hot, then they seem to be regulated to draw much less most of the time it's plugged in, for me, i'm more likely to leave it plugged in on my car all night that way. On the other hand, I suppose it would get hotter yet and sooner if it would continually heat at the stated wattage
on November 28, 2015
Im new to winterizing my vehicle for Alaska weather and I looked into using this for a block heater, only problem is it doesn't fit anywhere in my truck so I'm going to have to buy the internal block heater and donate this one to my wife to use as an oil pan heater or find another use for it.