***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***
If you've never read this type of story before -
* She is absorbed with all things manga and anime to the point of dressing like her favorite characters and emulating them in real life;
* She is, for one shining - *coughcough* dooming - moment, irrational,
* He is equally irrational and actually rather violatingly so;
* There is a magical and sexually excitable creature,
* And rough sex - *coughcough* possibly dubious consent / forced sex, depending on your viewpoint / mindset
- this probably isn't the BEST place to cut your teeth. What I mean to say is: It's HARDCORE!!! If you're squeamish, please don't!
I'm not particularly squeamish, and I understand that there are people who enjoy this type of story, and I am new to the scene (this being my first story of this type) and therefore I don't know a whole lot about the genre. What I do know, however, is that this story isn't really my thing.
I think the guy's a douche bag, the girl's... OMG! in the most irritating, alarming way possible, and the sex is NASTY - maybe in a good way, maybe not (I thought not). My biggest objection, aside from Usagi letting the guy into the house in the first place, or even opening the door for him a second time, is the fisting. Yup, I really don't think it would have: a) worked, and b) worked in any remotely safe way. (She's a virgin?)
That said, hey, I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. If this sort of thing is likely to have you cringing and running for the hills, resist / don't risk it.
I have to say, I'm somewhat curious to see if the author will reinvent this story under her new pseudonym and what she'll make of it. Okay, A LOT curious! Hey, author lady, I LIKED Tsuki! *winkwink* ;)
I still don't know what kawaii means. Hmm... Wikipedia?