5.0 out of 5 stars K46001-336 Windshield
Published on September 17, 2011 by Jeff

Published 21 months ago by Sunny Daze

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars K46001-336 Windshield, September 17, 2011
This review is from: Kawasaki Klr650 Klr 650 Tall Windshield Windscreen K46001-336
Exellent product great quality. I'm 6' 1" and the wind hits me almost at the top of my helmet. Shoulders don't take a beating anymore. If the wind is blowing and there is any kind of crosswind you will know it, if you don't want to feel crosswind you will need to go to a full windshield with brackets, other than that I love it!!!!Kawasaki Klr650 Klr 650 Tall Windshield Windscreen K46001-336

3.0 out of 5 stars Tall, well, if you call 4 extra inches tall? But a nice screen at a great price., March 10, 2013
Amazon delivered the windscreen very promptly and in great shape. It appears well made and the inward cuts that shape the screen are necessary to give clearance to the side mirrors. You do have to take the original windscreen off to get the new one on. This could take you 20 minutes or over an hour, depending on how handy you are. There are only 4 screws to remove, but the lower two require undoing another 4 to 6 screws and bolts to get the upper portion of the faring undone enough to be able to get your hand in behind the screen to reach the lower screw/bolt nuts. The rake or angle of the Tall Windscreen is almost identical to the original, so no extra wind lift there. There are no extra parts with this screen such as mounting supports. Its just the windscreen. There were no demensions for the screen listed in the add, so I took a chance, partly because Amazon's return policy rocks. I am 6 foot 1 inch tall and I needed another 8 to 10 inches of lift above the stock windscreen that I had on my 2008 KLR to get the wind over, or at least to the top of my full face helmut. I should add that I have a tall torso, the torso hieght of someone about 6 foot 3. I could tell that with just 4 additional inches of hieght and the same rake, I was only going to get about 4 or 5 inches of wind lift, not enough for me. So I returned it. I think someone in the 5 foot 8 to 5 foot 11 height and.or with a short torso height might get the wind up enough. I would add that even at 5 foot 8 or 9, and up to the 5 foot 11 range you will very likely still be able to see (mostly/very well) over the top of this windscreen, yet still get some wind protection. Too bad it was not about 10 inches taller than a standard short stock windscreen, and/or had a more accressive/forward rake, then I think "tall" would have been more appropriate, and it would have worked for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars It really helps break the wind., August 20, 2013
I'm 6'1" and this is really an improvement over the standard windshield for wind protection. It does not give complete protection but it is a vast improvement over the standard windshield, while maintaining the spirit of the KLR650. It is stable (doesn't vibrate like some of the acrylic windshields) and if I duck down a bit it blocks nearly all the wind buffeting along the Columbia River, which can be substantial.

3.0 out of 5 stars KLR Afficianado, May 6, 2012
Great up to about 45 mph, then the wind rush becomes intolerable. I'm 6'2", 32" inseam. I still use this screen over the stock version, but am still experimenting to quiet the ride at speeds over 45 mph.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kawasaki KLR tall windscreen, April 26, 2012
I'm happy with this product. Fits perfect, looks nice, and does a reasonable job of keeping the wind off my 6'4" frame. The wind hits the tops of my shoulders when I sit up straight, but takes away much of the abuse I was getting with the standard short windscreen. I have seen some of the taller screens, but I didn't want my KLR to look like like a gold wing! This screen is a great balance between comfort and appearance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tried it. Sending it back., August 5, 2014
I'm average build, 6'0". Bought this because it worked for some people. Any speed above 38mph the buffeting is TERRIBLE. At highway speeds, it's almost intolerable. The OEM shield was better than this. It's not stable at highway speeds and you can see the windshield vibrating in the wind. I'm a handy guy, so this wasn't an install problem and I really wanted it to work, but it just didn't. If you're just driving around town at 35mph or less, this is probably a good option. At highway speeds, don't waste your time. Thanks to AMAZON for and A+ return policy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, September 10, 2013
Bought this for 2008 KLR650 I just purchased and am upgrading. Rode on and off road for 175 miles first day and it provides excellent coverage and stability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck., August 28, 2013
I ride a 09' KLR with an oem windscreen. I'm a slim 160 pound 6'0 rider. My jacket is a Tourmaster Epic, and helmet is an Arai Signet Q. The wind was hitting me pretty hard at any speed above 20mph. After i installed this windscreen i was very happy with my purchase. It reduced the wind blast to almost nil. I would say a good 85% reduction in buffeting from head on wind. The windscreen bolts on using the factory mounting hardware. No need to drill anything. All you need is a screwdriver. For the price and easy installation i think its a great deal. After a few hundred miles more ill do a follow up review to confirm my initial thoughts. Hope this helps. Cheers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice windshield, June 20, 2012
I really like the windshield. it was easy to install and is good quality. Just bolt on, no cutting or trimming anything. It is good that the quality is high as when I recieved the box it was destroyed so the packing is why I gave 4 stars instead of 5. It does not cavitate in the wind at all either. Good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars The quality of the product is great and I am very happy with it, October 13, 2014
The quality of the product is great and I am very happy with it. It was shipped quickly and well packaged, the only reason I didn't give it five stars is that it shipped without the well nuts required to mount it on the bike or any kind of instructions whatsoever. Once I had the stock shield off I had to stop what I was doing and hunt down a package of well nuts to fit the new one. Aside of that, the process was easy and only took about 15 minutes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›