From the Author
I hope you enjoy this revised classic Pacific Northwest paddling guide. We removed a few trips and added several more to freshen the contents up a bit. New trips in include in British Columbia: Sooke Harbor, Victoria Harbor, outer Victoria from the harbor entry to Cadboro Bay, and Wallace Island off Saltspring Island. In the US, new trips include the Elwha River, Protection Island, and paddling from Kingston to Point No Point to name a few.
Follow my blog for the book below. I'll be posting sample trips from the book and other favorite trips.. 60tripskayakpugetsound.blogspot.com/
From the Back Cover
Observe seabirds nesting on Protection Island off the Olympic Peninsula, circumnavigate Shaw Island in the San Juans, or view intertidal life in Canada's Gulf Islands. The intercoastal waters of the Pacific Northwest offers some of the most stunning scenery and marine life available to paddlers. From the protected coves and estuaries of south Puget Sound to the swift currents of Deception Pass and the bustling harbor of Victoria, this completely updated and expanded third edition offers detailed paddling information for kayakers, canoeists, stand up paddlers, and anyone with a small human powered craft.
You'll discover 60 wide-ranging trips featuring:
- Camping logistics and paddling etiquettes.
- Routes rated as protected, moderate, or exposed.
- 15 Brand new trips.
- New Information for stand up paddlers.
- Details on the region's marine trails.
- A 'Routes At-a-glance' chart to choose a route for your level of fitness, skills, and available time.
- General lotistics: preparing gear, finding launch sites, carrying kayaks on SUPs onto ferries as a foot passenger, and much more.