Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD
Customer Discussions > Night Train forum

Keane's Back on Track

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2010 9:18:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 11, 2010 11:32:16 PM PDT]

Posted on May 10, 2010 8:58:03 AM PDT
seatakers says:
I agree. I have loved every track I've heard thus far, and cannot wait to hear the other six. This band simply makes my day better.

Posted on May 11, 2010 11:08:26 AM PDT
C. Labye says:
Perfect Symmetry was not a complete derail, but it certainly does not rank up there with their first 2 albums. Night Train is a rather interesting EP to be sure. Let's hope that their next album plays more to their strengths than a horrible 80s outing like the first half of Perfect Symmetry was.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2010 8:37:29 AM PDT
A. Davis says:
I agree- lots of people like to bash perfect symmetry, as if it's a FAILURE. NO WAY! Though it doesn't bring me to that same epic, emotional place that Iron Sea does. I still haven't heard Night Train, but I'm expecting it to be a fun, modern take on 80's textures. I wonder where the band will be venturing next- they've certainly kept everyone on their toes thus far!

Posted on May 18, 2010 2:17:51 PM PDT
I just can´t say enough about this fantastic band. This EP has great songs, as expected. Very surprising ones indeed, but always fantastic.

Posted on Jun 9, 2010 1:15:30 AM PDT
Not so fast with the "Back on track" sentiment... so far it looks like NIGHT TRAIN is taking an even bigger beating than PERFECT SYMMETRY.

The tribe has spoken.

Posted on Jun 10, 2010 3:10:44 AM PDT
Keane58 says:
Raymond, I almost feel sorry for the boys. Almost. There is no excuse for these poor songs from them on Night Train and Perfect Symmetry. I know they want to experiment blah, blah blah. That is not the issue. The issue which Keane fans, including me , is we do not like these forgettable songs. I shake my head when I see someone giving this cd 5 stars. Give me a break. There is being a fan and then there is being a sheep. Heck, the cd got blasted by fans on Keane's own web site.

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 5:45:57 PM PDT
You're absolutely right, J. And have you noticed how many of the folks posting glowing reviews are telling those of us providing legitimate critiques to "get over it" and "what's your problem?" It's really not hard separating the wheat from the chaff here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2010 3:13:10 AM PDT
Keane58 says:
I have never cared about a band in my life like I did Keane. They honestly touched me like no other band. Under the Iron Sea was brilliant. I have noticed the people giving wonderful reviews have said "get over it". They think they are defending the bands right to experiment. They are defending terrible songs. As long as we keep doing this they will keep writing forgettable 80's music. Iron Sea and Hopes and Fears were completely different types of albums. But, both were brilliant. We just want good songs again. Ones we sing at the top of our lungs too like the first two albums. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Night Train forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  May 7, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 23, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Night Train
Night Train by Keane (Audio CD - 2010)
2.9 out of 5 stars (100)