5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for play
Published 10 months ago by RyemsonRox

3.0 out of 5 stars same as the womans maderas oxford EXCEPT bad innersole
Published 13 months ago by pjf

3.0 out of 5 stars same as the womans maderas oxford EXCEPT bad innersole, November 13, 2013
These are the same as the woman's maderas oxford, very light, thin sneakers with a stretchy tongue that makes the laces more or less decorative. A youth five is the same size as the woman's 7 (a EU 38) , and a youth's 6 is the same as a woman's 8 (EU 39). Just be aware if you buy the youth version (sometimes it can fit a little better in some models) that the innersole of the youth version is much thinner and has no arch support whereas the woman's is not a heavy duty super arch support innersole, but it has SOME arch support in the woman's style. In the youth (don't they care about kids' feet?) it's flat. I'm giving it three stars, but I'm disappointed that they shirked on the innersole on the youth version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for play, February 18, 2014
I bought a pair of these for my 6 y.o and 2 y.o as play shoes. I wanted something that was easy to slip on and off, but didn't have Velcro. We also have a trip coming up so I wanted a pair of shoes my kids could easily handle in the security line . These shoes fit the bill and they're cute. As soon as we got them I took the laces out and they've held up well to being taken on and off. I was thinking the center panel would be a strip of elastic, but it resembles the material of a sweatband (thick and slightly stretchy). They do run slightly large, which actually helps make them even easier to put on (especially for the 2 y.o). When I first purchased these I was confused as to which shoes came with a stretchy panel vs. shoes laces since some colors we're pictured with one or the other. I did confirm that all colors come with shoelaces and the stretchy panel to wear them lace free. The shoes seem very well made and able to stand up to lots of abuse. I do wish these had an alternative material in the footbed. Since my kids will most likely be wearing these outside without socks I imagine they're going to get stinky fairly quickly. I just purchased a pair of Sanuks for my son and they have a rubber footbed, which I thought was really smart. These have the typical fabric covered footbed , so I'm curious to see how they handle bare feet.

**UPDATE**: It's been two months since we bought these shoes and while they've held up well they smell absolutely disgusting! My daughters both wore these without socks, so I anticipated them smelling a bit but this is really bad. We've washed them several times and within a day they're back. This isn't thr first pair of shoes they've worn without socks so I find it hard to believe their feet are the problem. I really think they need to rethink the insole material. These are well made shoes and they've held up well during playtime and several washes but the insole makes it absolutely impossible to wear them without socks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, but the sizing is way off, March 13, 2014
THese are great, but the sizing is about 2 sizes too big. I will be ordering a few sizes smaller

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool shoes, comfortable, well-made, October 29, 2013
G. Riggs (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves these. They fit well and look great. I had wished they came with shoe strings, since that was part of the reason we got the shoes (I thought they did have shoe strings, and wanted my daughter to start practicing tying shoes). But we still like them...just got our own shoe strings to use with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shoes!, June 6, 2013
My daughter loves these shoes. The first thing she did was pull out the laces. They have a stretchy "tongue" that keeps the shoes on without laces. This is her go to pair of shoes when flip flops won't do. Great color-very comfy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and comfy, May 7, 2014
ktowndiva "Isadabomb" (Somewhere in the U.S.) - See all my reviews
I bought these for my little girl. She has never complained of her feet hurting or any discomfort. Normally she will complain a bit for the first day or so of breaking a shoe in. She never did with these.

3.0 out of 5 stars big.., April 23, 2014
when i saw the size, size 3M was 21.6cm
but the shoes was too big and it was written 220cm..

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., January 21, 2014
My daughter had a pair of size 10 stride rite mary janes that she loved but out grew. She has long skinny feet and finding something that she likes and fits has been a challenge. These were perfect! She loves them.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute little sneaker, December 28, 2013
Fits perfectly. Cute. Will be buying more of this brand. I really like that the rubber comes up over the toe. I have a little girl who is very rough on her shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, June 6, 2013
These are cute.....great pair of play shoes for my daughter to have, and the color is a pretty light pink.