5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable
Published on June 6, 2012 by tpthatsme

3.0 out of 5 stars They got the work boot right. Almost...
Love the way this shoe fits. weight is perfect for a steel toe. none of the puffy filler in the heel that breaks down too quick and makes the shoe fit sloppily. The problems with mine are the shoe is separating from the sole on the inside right shoe at the flex point at only 4 months. Also the shoestring is fraying at the top where it cinches closed and does not hold any...
Published 12 months ago by fredrick hoffman

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable, June 6, 2012
tpthatsme (Marysville, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I have been buying Keen shoes for a few years now and these are my first steel toe from Keen. The goal was a light weight cool shoe and the Atlanta delivered. The sizing is true. The great things I love about these shoes is the neoprene material on the sides and back of the shoe, this keeps the shoe light and cool. The laces I thought I would replace with regular laces, but I have to say... I'm keeping them. It makes it easy to just keep the shoe a little loose and slip them on and off like a slipper. If I have to, I can pull them tight like traditional laces. My pants fit a little long and the pull straps at the heel keep my pants from wrapping around the bottom of my shoe (excellent). Even with the shoe being very light weight, it still seems to be equally distributed along the shoe, so my toe doesn't feel heavy. Thanks Keen for making another fine product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and Comfortable, February 13, 2013
The lightest and most comfortable work shoes I've ever worn. They look really stylish too. The laces tend to loosen slightly as you walk, but are simple to adjust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work shoe!, January 31, 2014
I agonized over picking a steel toe shoe from all the different reviews. I have to say I am extremely impressed with the look, fit, and quality of this shoe. Been wearing them for about five months and still a big fan. I like the sliding lace holder setup, but eventually the end breaks off. It's still ok, just tie the ends together and you can keep using it. The best part about the slide is that you never have to tie or tighten them again all day long. I removed the show inserts and replaced them with Superfeet Copper DMP insoles. Together they are fantastic, although I think the Superfeet are way overpriced. I highly recommend these shoes. My foot measures exactly 10 1/2 on a shoe scale. I ordered 11's and they are just right. Keen is the best work shoe money can buy. Good thing my company pays for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes for the flight line, June 3, 2013
I work on concrete 40+ hours a week. These shoes have had jet fuel, prist, 100LL, and oil spilt all over them. Prist is notorious for eating through all sorts of materials, but these shoes have so far stood up to all the abuse of working out at the airport. With my last pair of shoes I would have to wear long pants during rain to ensure my socks would not be soaking wet with water. These shoes are fairly water resistant. If you walk through a fairly deep puddle your feet are definitely going to get wet.. However these shoes put your feet a tad higher than most and protect from bigger than average puddles. As with any protective toe shoes (steel or composite) one would expect a wearing in period. I did encounter this for a very short time compared to other boots. I ordered the same size I would have if I was ordering a pair of any of the major brand running shoes..

I strongly recommend these for anyone working out at the airport. They are quite comfortable, look descent, and are very durable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes - 1/2 size big, March 22, 2013
Jim Lee (Aiken, SC, US) - See all my reviews
Love the shoes. Great support and feel. My only complaint would be that they're a little big. I ordered the same size that I've worn steel toes in for years and the Keen are about 1/2 size bigger. Plan to add an insole under the factory insoles and they should be great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great work Shoes...but, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Keen Utility Men's Atlanta Cool Steel Toe Work Shoe (Apparel)
Overall these are pretty much the best work steel toe shoes you can get...But as others have mentioned they are at LEAST 1/2 size larger than any other shoe you have ever bought at your size. Trust me down 1/2 size on order at least.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Work Shoe!, July 10, 2012
Out of the box, These Look and Feel Great.

I wear a size 12 in Keen shoes. Ordered the 12EE because most steel toe shoes are to narrow in the steel toe. This seems perfect as I can't feel the steel toe at all.
Also these are the only steel toe shoes that I have seen that don't look like they have a steel toe. They do not look wide and bulky in the toe.
These are by far the best looking safety shoes that I have seen and I've been trying different ones for 20 years.

The Bungee lacing with toggle closure, padded collar is fantastic. My Keen non safety shoes will not stay tied.
With bungee a little loose, I can slip these on and off.

Just to preface,this is the first impression and I have only worn these for a couple of hours.
Hope I'm this happy with them in a month!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, June 24, 2014
These are great safety shoes for work, but I wish Keen offered a more professional looking shoe with the same comfort and quality. I look silly in these shoes, but at least I am comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable steel toed work shoes, June 5, 2014
After three ten hour days at a new job in old shoes my son needed some new work shoes. He wore these for a few hours after they came but they really did not require breaking in. He continues to be very pleased with the comfort from these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars this one tops them all., December 5, 2013
Nice looking steel toes. Comfortable and light. I have 6 pairs of steel toe shoes and this one tops them all.

Keen Utility Men's Atlanta Cool Steel Toe Work Shoe