4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes, poor insoles
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed with the Durability, Impressed with the comfort
I am a Full-Time Carpenter. Lots of interior work and lots of exterior work. I have waited to leave a review because I wanted to experience the durability of these shoes. I have worn these 40+ hours a week since I received them the first week of May 2013.
The Good:
These shoes have remained very comfortable and have remained water-proof.
The Bad:
It...
Published 17 months ago by Daniel P. O'Connell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes, poor insoles, January 10, 2014
The shoes are well made and ESD conductive. The insoles, on the other hand, are paper thin. The only thing that makes the insoles ESD conductive is a single ESD thread that is woven into the insole with about 20 or so loops in the area of the ball of the foot. The insoles stopped passing the ESD tester at the factory where I work after only 1 week of use. As a solution I ordered the ESD insoles that are available through Amazon. Anyone ordering these shoes should plan on doing the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed with the Durability, Impressed with the comfort, September 10, 2013
The Good:
These shoes have remained very comfortable and have remained water-proof.
The Bad:
It did not take long for the toe cover to start tearing away.
Now after 4 months the sole is starting to come apart from the rest of the shoe.

I would NOT recommend buying these if you are looking for a good work shoe that lasts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but ......, January 18, 2014
First of all they do not hold up, I'm an inside electrical union wireman so I don't really have the shoes in harsh conditions. Was very pleased with the comfort and told all the guys I worked with and many others purchased these in the pursuit of the the perfect pair, well we are all experiencing the same problem, the soles completely fall apart within the first few weeks. My damn feet sweat so much in these shoes that I have been battling athletes foot badly, between using topical, powder, and shoes inserts nothing seems to help. I know it's the shoes because if I switch shoes it stars to improve. I have had them for about nine months and they have had it.

2.0 out of 5 stars big, April 12, 2014
Great shoe but the 11.5 was a little roo roomy. I ordered the 11 and it fits snug but much better. I normally wear a size 11.5

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy, December 6, 2012
my husband has really wide feet. these are so comfortable i bought him a second pair and put them away for when these start getting worn out. they are the first pair of work shoes he has been able to wear in a while. his arthritis in his foot is pretty bad and these are wide and comfortable enough where he actually kept them on all day -- and he usually has to change his shoes a couple times a day due to the arthritis pain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, November 27, 2012
I bought these for work. I am on me feet for 12 hours shifts. I LOVE Keen shoes and wear them almost exclusively. These however are my least comfortable Keens. This seems to be a trend with ESD shoes. For some reason all ESD I have worn are not very comfortable. They do have a good fit like all my other Keens, high arches and wide with lots of room in the toe box. They are also very stiff, almost like a workboot not just the sole but the upper as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 29, 2015
I was excited when Keen finally came out with wide sizes, and bought a pair for myself right away. I loved them so much, I knew my husband would too. I bought this pair as a gift for him in his usual size. He was impressed with the perfect, comfortable fit right out of the box. His (and my) only complaint is the sole hardness. They are loud and clunky sounding on hard surfaces. He was impressed with the traction on snow and ice even with the hard sole, though. So aside from being unable to sneak up on anyone, these will for sure be our new everyday shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars dig it, November 1, 2014
Great shoe boot for rough terrain. its SOLID and will take a bit to break in. Laces put somewhat too much pressure on the bridge of my foot (metatarcals) when using the top lace. Will purchase a pair of locking laces for them to avoid having dog ears (or bunny ears) getting caught on brush, etc. Havent had the opportunity to test the water proofing much, however in a steady down poor my feet stay nice and dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using With Custom Orthotics, June 17, 2014
Totally pleased with the configuration and features of Keens for general purposes in a rural environment with terrain. This is about the soft toe version of this boot, not the heavier steel toed version. For my purposes I needed wide sizing, which seems to be available only in the utility boots. I use custom orthotics that are thicker than stock, so sizing is an issue. Reviews that said this boot seemed shorter than other Keens actually worked for me. Although I might fit 11.5's, the 12 wide accommodates my thicker orthotic and leaves ample room for my toes to stretch out without the boot feeling oversized in use The lacing with flex tongue provides a great range of tightening/loosening adjustment for various foot swelling or contraction conditions and sock thicknesses.

4.0 out of 5 stars good solid shoe, May 3, 2014
John Beaver (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I think Keen makes good solid shoes. This is no exception. I ordered a 10W, (sometimes Keen regulars fit sometimes they don't) and it was too wide, and I have a very wide foot. I added a gel insert on top of the existing insert and now they fit perfectly and are extremely comfortable for working in a shop where I stand in one place a lot. If I needed these for hiking I would get the regular width.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›