Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KEEN Utility Men's Pittsburgh Soft Toe Work Boot
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 13, 2015
If you're a fan of Keen boots, they've redesigned their toe box. It's now more of a traditional shape instead of the "Keen oblique" toe that I'm used to. I had to go up a half size from what I normally wear in Keen boots.

Overall they seen to be well constructed. I can't comment on durability as I've only had them a couple weeks.

I'm actually disappointed in Keen for changing their toe box as that was the reason for me to originally purchase my first pair of Keens years ago. That old style fit my feet well.

Decent boot; but I'll be looking at other makers due to Keen's now traditional toe shape. Oboz might have that old Keen style toe box from what I've seen...
on September 27, 2012
These may be the best footwear of any kind I have ever bought. I am pretty big and on my feet all day so finding a comfortable pair of shoes of any kind has been a challenge so these are a great find.
on February 28, 2015
I like having a good/sturdy pair of boots, and these foot the bill.I use them for heavy manual yardwork (hauled limbs & logs all day while a contractor took out 6 trees in my yard), hiking trails through the woods, as well as wearing them to work. They keep my feet comfortable, as well as warm. And the laces are the correct length, and actually stay tied (which is a welcome change from most boots/shoes I've purchased in the last couple of years!)

My *only* complaint with these boots is the over-padded tongue. If I lace this tongue on the inside of the boot, it is very bulky and uncomfortable around my ankle. Therefore I end up lacing it on the 'outside' ... where it really does no good, and interferes with trying to get the laces into the hooks. Having such thick padding in the tongue is a terrible/stupid/bad design (but seems to be the 'fashion' these days - I hate fashion-over-function!) By comparison, my previous pair of Keen boots had thinner padding in the tongue, and the tongue fit inside the boot nicely like it should.

I'll upload some pictures of the over-stuffed tongue, so you can see what I'm talking about - it's not evident in the manufacturer's picture, because they put the tongue inside the boot (but with an ankle in the the boot, there will be no room for the tongue in there).
review image review image
on October 22, 2014
Have been wearing this for over a week. It took a couple of days to break in as one would expect. It provides good ankle support and even as a soft toe is plenty hard there. The leather is fairly thick and has held up well to a few days of chainsawing and climbing over piles of limbs and cut wood. They didn't show scuff marks afterwards. The fit is a little more sloppy than a good hiking boot but more secure than say a good work boot like the Justin's they replaced. The waterproof effectiveness is good at this point. Most days I'm out in very wet grass for the first few hours.
on October 28, 2015
My husband is recovering from a fractured ankle and is beginning to be weight bearing. We got these shoes because they were higher shoe than his Keen hikers. We are fans of the Keen sandals and hikers. These boots are great providing support and cushioning in them and protection for my husband's ankle. He is currently on and off his feet giving his ankle a rest now and then. These are great looking shoes, like the rust color, the tread is a nice aggressive type tread. With my Amazon points the price was too good to turn down. These are an excellent boot.
on January 21, 2016
My husband's feet have spread out quite a bit from wearing Army boots for too many deployments. He really likes these boots but we had to order one size longer because his right toe rubbed on the side of the boot. His last Keen hiking boots were a 12EE but this time he needed a 13EE. They are well made boots that really look sharp! The boots came in 2 days, as expected, and in perfect condition.
on August 14, 2015
First Impression- After a week of wear, I love these boots. Very quick break-in, and very comfortable out of the box. In the first week I have soaked them in water, trudged through concrete slurry while pouring a foundation, walked several miles, and have worked in rainy weather as well as hot, sunny weather. My feet feel great at the end of the day...not too hot and never wet (socks are moist from sweat, but not soaked).They feel like a hiking boot, allow for a natural stride on account of the perfect flex point in the shank and built in toe rocker, the tread is excellent and grips very well on a variety of surfaces, the lacing system is effective and efficient, and the Keen-dry membrane is waterproof and very breathable. Build quality is excellent.

Other reviewers have mentioned the overly padded tongue, but I don't find it to be thicker than the tongue on other boots I have owned. I can't speak on durability, but if the longevity of my last pair of Keen shoes are any indication of the durabilty of these boots, I expect a good year of hard wear out of them. I am a building contractor and wear my boots all day, every day. I will update after a few months of wear.
on November 23, 2014
Bought these for my husband who is a building contractor. He has gone through many different work boots over the last 30 years, however Keen has been the only work shoe that has been durable and comfortable. My husband has back problems and when his doctor notice that he was wearing Keen he stated they were one of the best foot wear for individuals with back problems like my husbands. My husband has been wearing Keen for the last 4 years and is not planning to change companies.
on August 25, 2015
So far so good.... High quality padding and materials go into these shoes.... No cheap foam padding is used in these boots.. Have not made my feet sweat yet.... I recommend a quality cotton boot sock with all boots and shoes... Time will tell just how good they are... I can already tell that these have been the best boots I have ever owned, if they hold up over time.... I have already purchased another pair as a gift....
on February 21, 2014
Our son only ever wears heavy workbooks, and when he put these on, he couldn't believe it. They fit him perfectly, as he has a wide foot, and they are the most comfortable boot he has ever had. I recommend these highly