5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever
These may be the best footwear of any kind I have ever bought. I am pretty big and on my feet all day so finding a comfortable pair of shoes of any kind has been a challenge so these are a great find.
Published on September 27, 2012 by Due diligence

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the good old days
Published 2 months ago by Ken

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, September 27, 2012
Due diligence (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made but expect it to feel like a work boot not a hiking boot, October 22, 2014
Have been wearing this for over a week. It took a couple of days to break in as one would expect. It provides good ankle support and even as a soft toe is plenty hard there. The leather is fairly thick and has held up well to a few days of chainsawing and climbing over piles of limbs and cut wood. They didn't show scuff marks afterwards. The fit is a little more sloppy than a good hiking boot but more secure than say a good work boot like the Justin's they replaced. The waterproof effectiveness is good at this point. Most days I'm out in very wet grass for the first few hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Work Boots, November 23, 2014
Bought these for my husband who is a building contractor. He has gone through many different work boots over the last 30 years, however Keen has been the only work shoe that has been durable and comfortable. My husband has back problems and when his doctor notice that he was wearing Keen he stated they were one of the best foot wear for individuals with back problems like my husbands. My husband has been wearing Keen for the last 4 years and is not planning to change companies.

4.0 out of 5 stars A super-awesome-great boot ... except for the over-padded tongue., February 28, 2015
This review is from: Keen Utility Men's Pittsburgh Soft Toe Boot (Apparel)
I like having a good/sturdy pair of boots, and these foot the bill.I use them for heavy manual yardwork (hauled limbs & logs all day while a contractor took out 6 trees in my yard), hiking trails through the woods, as well as wearing them to work. They keep my feet comfortable, as well as warm. And the laces are the correct length, and actually stay tied (which is a welcome change from most boots/shoes I've purchased in the last couple of years!)

My *only* complaint with these boots is the over-padded tongue. If I lace this tongue on the inside of the boot, it is very bulky and uncomfortable around my ankle. Therefore I end up lacing it on the 'outside' ... where it really does no good, and interferes with trying to get the laces into the hooks. Having such thick padding in the tongue is a terrible/stupid/bad design (but seems to be the 'fashion' these days - I hate fashion-over-function!) By comparison, my previous pair of Keen boots had thinner padding in the tongue, and the tongue fit inside the boot nicely like it should.

I'll upload some pictures of the over-stuffed tongue, so you can see what I'm talking about - it's not evident in the manufacturer's picture, because they put the tongue inside the boot (but with an ankle in the the boot, there will be no room for the tongue in there).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but their toe box is now more traditional shape instead of Keen shaped... (might need to order a half size up), February 13, 2015
If you're a fan of Keen boots, they've redesigned their toe box. It's now more of a traditional shape instead of the "Keen oblique" toe that I'm used to. I had to go up a half size from what I normally wear in Keen boots.

Overall they seen to be well constructed. I can't comment on durability as I've only had them a couple weeks.

I'm actually disappointed in Keen for changing their toe box as that was the reason for me to originally purchase my first pair of Keens years ago. That old style fit my feet well.

Decent boot; but I'll be looking at other makers due to Keen's now traditional toe shape. Oboz might have that old Keen style toe box from what I've seen...

5.0 out of 5 stars Keene Pittsburgh Rocks!, October 1, 2014
I already owned a pair of Keene Pittsburgh steel toe boots, so I assumed that the soft toe would fit the same and they do. I put a lot of hard hiking miles over rocky desert terrain and the boots were very comfortable and held up extremely well. the only thing is that i wish they had a Vibram sole because, that is what wore out first. Anyway I highly recommend them especially if you have wide hard to fit feet.

G. R.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will love them!!!!!!, January 7, 2015
These boots have got to be the most comfortable boots that I have ever had and my feet don't sweat in them. I have already worn them for a couple of eighteen hour shifts and my feet were still as comfortable as could be. I'm a fifty year old guy who is always on my feet and have tried a lot of different boots and these rank at the very top. I will get another pair so I don't have to go through the expensive trial & error again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the good old days, December 9, 2014
I ended up returning these. Keen has changed the design on these boots - the cut is different on the upper, there are fewer gripping eyelets (making the fit more difficult to dial in around the ankles), and they bend sharply at the ball of the boot. In the old design these were hands-down the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. Wish I'd bought two pair before they changed it - lesson learned!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots for everyday wear, February 17, 2015
My hubby has purchased 4 pairs of these boots. He leaves one pair at the cabin, one pair in Florida and keeps two pair at home. Basically he lives in them. Thankfully he takes them off before he goes to bed! :-) They provide great ankle support, last like iron, are supportive (like standard keen footbeds) and are well sewn. They may not be cheap, but in this case you get what you pay for.

2.0 out of 5 stars I switched to my backup boots -- a pair of Goretex lined $75 Cabelas hunting boots and my feet stayed nice and dry inside, September 17, 2014
Bought these for a WY hunting trip. The "KeenDry" completely failed me. Walking thru rainy wet grass left my feet completely soaked inside. The next day, same weather, I switched to my backup boots -- a pair of Goretex lined $75 Cabelas hunting boots and my feet stayed nice and dry inside. It's too bad because I'm generally a fan of how tough Keen builds their shoes.

Keen Utility Men's Pittsburgh Soft Toe Boot