Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on February 7, 2013
I will begin by saying that these DO NOT fit like traditional work boots. They are rugged hiking boots to the core, I was first put off by the fit only because I was a 4 year Red Wings boot wearer. Anther note, DO NOT purchase them from Amazon, you will not save enough money in the process, even if you are a Prime member, to regret the boots and not have the ability to return them after wearing them for a few days. Purchasing from the Keen site directly gives you what looks to be a 90 day no questions asked return policy and the price is within 10ish dollars of Amazon. Also, have your foot sized, they seem run to the exact size of your foot. Now for brevity I will list pros and cons

Pros: Awesome steel toe (left and right specific), tough rubber toe cap (should take a long while to wear through), *laces stay put! (also a con, more later), Light weight (my Red Wings were 2.5 lbs each, these are half that), Aggressive tread (grabs very well where my other boots would have slipped) Very water proof (was on a job that was a mud hole for weeks) Comfortable (my back would tell me otherwise very quickly) Fit well/feel good right out of the box

Cons: Compared to traditional work boots, walking in them takes a day or so to get use to them. *They have a set of what I will call 'locking lace hooks' they will not let up if you tighten the laces too tight, I did tighten them much too tight (from how I tied my previous Red Wings) and my feet suffered much from that, on that note, tying them to a comfortable tension yielded a very good fit. The water proof lining tends toward not breathing well, could also tend toward getting hot on really hot days. Not resole-able (still a hiking style boot) The insole could be better but they haven't driven me to get new ones yet. Might replace them some day with the Red Wing insoles I liked so much. Realistically can't tell you if they are truly worth the money until I have been completely through them.

I am in construction and have been for 14 years (framer for 14 and now an electrician) the pair of Red Wings I laud and mention in this review is an apple compared to the orange that the Keen boot is. They are just too different in fitment to say one is better than the other, so I can't and won't. I will say that I am walking all day (lots of varied uneven terrain)and up and down a ladder very much all day (electricians will understand) LIKE the Red Wings, or any boot for that matter, with these Keen boots I do not think about the boots, my feet, calves or back at all throughout the day, if I am not having to think about that stuff then in my opinion the boots are doing their job. I have put these boots through 10 hour days 6 days a week since first putting them on.

Bottom line, I would recommend them to workers who are on there feet and on the move all day, but who also are brave enough to try something new AND different, as they are not your typical work boot. I will give them my full vote of confidence upon them lasting at least 2 years. We'll see! Hope this helped.
33 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2012
This is an excellent and comfortable boot. I have a ranch and have worked these boots hard from digging post holes, tillering,cement work, etc... I also have with horses and the hard toe is a plus. My dog got a hold of these boots and inspite of chewing them up the construction remains stable and I have been able to wear them for a year with no trouble.

Most important is that I have bilateral chronic plantar fasciitis. I have to wear inserts with all my shoes except for these boots. I can wear these all day and have no foot pain at the end of the day.
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2015
I popped these out of the box, laced them up, and was instantly impressed. My son and I took an impromptu walk around the neighborhood, and I couldn't believe that these shoes were new; they felt like a trusted old pair of much loved hiking boots. The fit is generous, the soul is well shaped, and I can't wait to put more mileage on these.
on March 24, 2015
Incredibly comfortable boots. I work for the railroad and have always worn your standard, 8" heavy, work boot from lots of different companies. We're required to wear steel toe boots with a minimum 3/8" defined heal, and 5" height measured from inside the boot. These meet all these requirements and are much lighter and easier to walk in all day than the standard boot. Being an engineer, I spend alot of time walking in rough, hvy ballast, as well as on pavement when I'm at the away from home hotel. I wanted a boot that would be ideal for both situations. My old work boots were great for ballast, but were terrible for lots of pavement walking. These Keen's work for both. Since buying these, I can't believe how many of my co-workers have asked me about them and have since purchased them. Everyone I work with really loves them. Try um, you won't be disappointed.
on January 14, 2015
Warning to the ones that spend lots of time on snow and ice. The traction on packed snow and hills is not very good. too much flat surfaces on the sole of the boot. The boot is great, but it's not made for snow and packed snow. Other than that its a great boot and has held up in heavy use. Thank you...
on March 26, 2015
I love these boots. I've tried Red Wing, Timberland, Sears, and others and these are the most comfortable boots I've ever had. They're a bit clunky, but it's really no big deal. The soles are hard so standing on ladders is comfortable, the insoles are firm and contour fitted and almost seem customized to my foot. The steel toes has not interfered with anything including walking around on earthmoving jobsites, up and down hills, stairs, and just walking on concrete all day long. I get a yearly allowance for boots and while these have lasted and are still in good shape, I'm going to buy another pair as soon as the year is up. Maybe I'll get two years out of these things and stockpile the new ones.
review image
on December 20, 2015
Keen is hands down the best work boot in the market. My hubby bought the exact pair over five years ago and the only reason we bought a new pair is because the sole has less support as it did, of course, as expected it's been five years since we bought them. The workmanship and quality of these boots is incredible. This new pair we got has even a few improvements and has the same old qualities we loved from the old pair my hubby had. If you want to have excellent and comfortable work shoes that are practically water resistant and durable construction that will save your feet and wallet, buy these shoes.
Update (This was my answer to someone who asked if these shoes FIT TRUE TO SIZE: Yes, these shoes from this particular shoe company fit true to size. Also, if you ordered your true shoe size, and if the shoes feel a little tighter than you expected , they will stretch out over time to conform to your shoe size. You don't want to order a size or even half a size bigger and have them stretch out later and find out they're ill-fitting later on. These are my husband's exact same pair in over 6 years and the first pair was bought in 2010. There was really nothing wrong structurally with the first pair except that the insoles have thinned out from everyday wear. My husband works as a building inspector and walk around construction sites and demolition areas where the shoes were exposed to harsh conditions (snow, gravel, asbestos, rocks, etc.) and I'd say you get every penny's worth with these shoes. The design is very nice, I'd say if I was a man, I'd be wearing this shoes too! I do have a pair of work shoes from Keen as well. Most comfortable pair of shoes by far. Oh, and these are practically water proof. Amazing and awesome deal!
on May 13, 2016
First off, I'd like to say that these are by far the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. Right out of the box they fit like aged and broken in boots. Simple haven't found anything that compared. Unfortunately, within under a month of purchasing these the threads, crevices, and rubberized portions of the boot just started falling apart at the seams.

These are marketed as a work boot, but they have fallen apart quicker than any Walmart cheapo work boot I've purchased. Maybe I received a bad apple. I am really disappointed, because they're so damn comfortable, but the cheap quality and durability of them will forever put me off from Keen.

If these were $100.00 boots I would feel like I got my moneys worth. At the price I paid in store ($170ish) I feel ripped off. I think these boots would be good for factory type work, but they simply don't hold up on the job site.
review image review image review image review image
on November 18, 2015
Needs more arch support. Also the gave blisters to the back of the heel through socks. Ordered a 12M the fit was good, just not the quality I was expecting from keen. Needs a more cushioned footbed, especially for work... long hours on the feet. Outsole/leather is great quality however. Will last through some wear on the exterior.
on March 3, 2016
Heavy but very secure in how it holds my feet, took a few days to get used to the additional weight but in the end I will never have to worry about the environment or stability of my ankle no matter what the terrain is.