4.0 out of 5 stars great slip resistant shoe for nurses

Published 21 months ago by T$

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great slip resistant shoe for nurses, January 31, 2011
janeen c (Coastal South Carolina, United States States) - See all my reviews
The hospital where I work is requiring slip resistant shoes for all employees & documentation from the manufacturer that the shoes we wear at work are in fact "slip resistant." We have till 5/2011 to comply or get warnings/written up, so I needed to buy a pair now to break them in by May. My feet are sensitive - rheumatoid arthritis, hammertoe, bunion, and broken metatarsal last summer. I purchased these because they looked comfortable & reviews said they offer good arch support. All this was true, although for me they were not comfortable right away. They have wonderful arch support but felt a little stiff for the first two weeks. While at work, I started wearing them for an hour a day for the first few days, then a few more hours a day, etc, switching back to my more comfortable sneakers. After two weeks I can now wear them all day & not think about foot discomfort. I really like them- easy to clean, fairly attractive, great support (i also have poor arches), No - they are not as comfy as my NB sneakers, but since we won't be allowed to wear regular sneakers in a few months, I am glad I have found these. BTW - Danskos ARE slip resistant, very popular, but are not for everyone - they are quite stiff- These Keen slip ons have the cushioning in the sole that most Danskos do not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, October 6, 2012
I'm not so happy with these Keens. I have three other pairs and I love them, but these are not designed for my feet. The heel is high (unlike other stable, comfortable Keens), making a downward slope for my foot. This results in my toes slamming into the front of the shoe when I walk. This feels like it's going to give me an ingrown toenail if I keep wearing these. Also, there's not enough room in the toebox. It's not that the size is wrong. They're just too "flat" in the front of the shoe. Plus, the liner on the inside of the shoe is too stiff. It makes my feet hurt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keen work shoes, October 6, 2012
These shoes do not live up to the Keen name. I bought them for work and after wearing them for two days I coul hardly walk! If you want something you can stand in all day stick to Dansko or Klogs. These were a huge disappointment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy feet, October 6, 2013
Very comfortable and lightweight. I am on my feet all day and require excellent foot support to prevent homocidal rages resultant from pedal discomfort. These shoes save lives

3.0 out of 5 stars Uneven Fit., December 7, 2012
Left show was substantially smaller than right. I've never had this problem with shoes before. As others have said, it's not a Dansko! But ... I love the non-slip, flexible sole so I will keep them. Too bad they didn't have Dansko fit and style with Keen flex, non-slip sole. I'll keep them for running around the neighborhood, but won't wear them for long periods of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovin these shoes, October 3, 2012
I was so pleased to find these shoes on Amazon cheaper than anywhere else and they are the best!! Very comfortable and appear durable for daily use at work. I am on my feet everyday all day and need good support and safe grip soles. I also really appreciated receiving my shoes in a timely manner. No box though. I will probably buy some more of these shoes if I can find my size again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love-Hate relationship..., November 9, 2013
I have been a fan of Keen shoes for years. The brand I go to for work and for play. I love the wide toe box, the great support and perfect arch. I am a restaurant manager, working 10+ hour shifts. I need a great quality shoe that will serve me well for normally 9 months before needing a replacement. I'm happy to pay $90.00-120.00 if the shoes are good.
I bought this pair of Keen's 8 months ago. They've held up quite well. The insert still feels like new, comfy as soon as I slip my foot into the shoe. The non-slip sole is awesome, the best I've had...and I've had a few.
My only complaint about this shoe is, as others have stated, the heel is just high enough so my foot truly does 'slam down' into the toe. Not a huge issue if I wear a thicker sock, but by the end of a 10-11 hour shift, my poor toes are crying from being forced down to the toe. The main issue for me is that the leather along the sides of the shoe has softened and does not offer any support now. This side support issue began quite a few months ago.
I'm going to look for another shoe (Keen?) that has better support, along the sides.
For your money, this is a good shoe, for Keen this is not a great shoe. Size was spot on, I wear a 9.5 and this fit well. Comfy from the start.
Just going to try something different next time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great work shoes!, January 26, 2013
I am on my feet all day long and these shoes are wonderful! There is a little break in, but afterwards they are great. If you don't like hot feet these shoes do not breath. I am naturally cold so I love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Keen's, June 12, 2014
These are the best shoes for work or shopping. I have worn them for years and always get new ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, May 5, 2014
I have worn another brand of work shoe for the last 5 years and they were quite heavy. I am happy with the light weight, fit, and comfort of these work shoes. I wear them in and out of crawl spaces and attics so I am reserving judgement on how long they will hold up but I really like them so far.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›