Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KEEN Women's Venice Sandal
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$39.95 - $100.99

on July 6, 2008
I bought these for a 2-week trip to Israel. I live in Croatia and was meeting my friends from the US there. Since prices in Europe are typically higher (I found the same shoes for 99 Euros or $160 here), I ordered them online for my friend to bring to Israel for me. It was a risk since I never owned a pair of Keens before, but needed new hiking shoes. Initially, I didn't like the looks of them - they are bulky and wide, but I had no other alternative. I did like that they are leather AND waterproof.

I wore them for the first time in Israel right before a hike of several miles and my feet never felt more comfortable. I didn't need to break them in. They were perfect straight out of the box. I toured all over the Holy Land (up and down mountains, through rivers and waterfalls, etc.) all day for 10 days in these and they did not disappoint. In fact, when I went back to our hotel and took these off was the only time my feet felt pain. When I put them back on, my feet were fine again.

I toured one day with my Nike running shoes and my feet hurt by the end of the day. That was the last time I didn't wear my Keens. Amazing! I've never reviewed apparel on Amazon before, but I thought I have to write about this because these shoes are the best I've ever owned. I hope Keens will come up with more feminine styles because I'm sure these will not be my first pair.

It is recommended that you order a half-size larger than your usual size. I tried on the 7.5 in Europe and they felt small, so ordered an 8. And, like I said, they were perfect.
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2009
The product is rugged and sturdy. Love the brown leather and aqua accents and comfortable doesn't begin to describe how good these feel. They're good in water and stay on better than my old tevas. Great for hiking and cooler than hiking shoes. The problem is with pebbles. I bought these specifically for the pebbly beaches and hiking in Greece but have decided not to bring them because of that issue. The pebbles get in but you have to take the shoe off to get them out. Overall, love them and Backcountry shipped them "wicked fast"!
on July 9, 2008
This sandal (Venice Keen) is the best of all their models because of the leather sole. It doesn't get hot and you can wash them very easily. I have 6 pairs!
on August 28, 2009
These sandals have ruined me - they are so comfortable, I can never wear any other sandals again! I bought my first pair of Keen Venice sandals about three years ago for a trip to Costa Rica, and even though I have a closet full of shoes to choose from, have worn them almost every day since. My neighbor's dog recently decided they make a great chew toy, so here I am shopping to replace them! I am buying the exact same make, model and color as my original pair.

The footbed on Keen sandals is wonderfully molded and cushioned; they fit the foot with ease. These sandals stand up to a lot of abuse, too - I trekked through Africa and South America in them, as well as did years of grocery shopping and other errand-running in them right around my own neighborhood! It now occurs to me these sandals never really showed their age, either, no matter how much I used and abused them.

I would highly recommend Keen sandals to my family and friends. Hope this review helps you out!
on February 11, 2010
Just got my Keens today, and think they look really fun for a clunky sport sandal. They were actually lighter weight than I expected, and softer on my foot. I usually wear a 9 in shoes, and an 8-8.5 in sandals. Based on reviews, I ordered a 9 to be safe. I will likely keep it, as it seems quite good, although there is a little space behind my heel, and I wonder if an 8.5 would have been fine - so don't totally agree that they really do fit "small" as is typically suggested. I would suggest ordering within the mid-upper end of your usual shoe size, but not necessary going beyond the largest size you would normally wear.
on July 13, 2011
YEA!!! My new Keen Venice sandals arrived today!!! Straight out of the box, they felt fantastic, fit well and are super supportive for a sandal...So, off I went on my daily walk with gusto!!! I look forward to many years of active use out of THESE hybrids.
While deciding on this style of sandal, I read MANY reviews...Good and bad. So, here is my opinion...
Some people suggested ordering a ½ to 1 size larger. I ordered my normal size 8 for shoes with a back...Although, I DO go up ½ to 1 size larger for athletic walking shoes used with socks. Had I gotten a larger size, in THIS sandal, they would have never fit.
Last year, I did order a pair of Keen St. Bart's...The leather style (slip-on/open back) in the same size 8 and wished I had ordered down a ½ to 1 size smaller as they stretched out, over time, and are actually, a bit too long.
Secondly, I ordered 2 colors of the same sandal (from different sources) to make up my mind on which pair I wanted. As any shoe can vary in the same size, I discovered that my toe (next to the pinky toe) on the right foot stuck out through the opening of one pair and they will be going back...NOT something anyone would want to happen during walks or everyday activities...Yet...The other pair fit perfectly and did not have this issue. Mind you...These 2 pairs are the same size/style shoe I am speaking about and is a manufacturing issue...NOT the fault of the shoe style.
Another issue I read about is...The problem that pebbles are caught in between the foot and foot bed of the sandal. Well...They are NOT enclosed shoes and I have never worn an open sandal that this did not happen. Not a reason to complain...In my opinion.
on June 4, 2015
This is my fifth pair of Keens, but the first Venice. This shoe runs a little smaller than the Whisper or Clearwater, and the width doesn't expand quite as much, but otherwise are great, as Keens usually are. It is also a little heavier. The color is a little more green than blue (color says Mineral Blue), but has a washed denim look. However, I am happy to have another pair of Keens and I do like the color.
on December 2, 2013
I first purchased a pair of Venice sandals about 4 years ago on the recommendation of my doctor. After several foot/ankle problems and a surgery I needed a good supportive shoe, preferably a sandal. These fit the bill perfectly. I've worn them frequently for 4 years and they're finally starting to show wear. I bought a second pair when I saw them on the Amazon daily deal... and purchased a pair for my daughter as well. I normally wear an 8.5 wide shoe. I wear a size 9 in this sandal. The 8.5 fits as well, but I prefer my shoes a bit looser. Love these!
on December 7, 2013
This is an excellent sandal. The sole is durable, the protected toe is fantastic for wet or rocky conditions, the footbed is so comfortable you can wear them all day long, the straps allow sufficient adjustability, the open plan allows plenty of airflow, and the leather upper is stylish enough to wear most places.

The only cons are that the sole is slightly slippery on smooth wet surfaces, so not perfect for people with brittle bones, and the footbed doesn't breath as much as my sweaty feet would like (they get a bit warm under tropical conditions). The leather upper can take a while to dry when they get wet, but there is webbing between it and the top of your foot so it isn't icky. I usually wear a 9, but find the 9.5 roomy enough for fat socks without being too loose without socks.

I got these to use as my only shoes when traveling for casual business meetings; I can wear them for a meeting (in jean pants) during the morning and also to hike in the afternoon. Slip on a thick sock and they are fine in the rain or when the temperatures drop. I've used them for about a year now and love them.
on September 3, 2015
I enjoy these shoes a lot. Got them to wear as water shoes and for boating but I mostly use them for hiking or boating on hot days only since they do take a long time to dry as compared with regular water shoes (several hours or all day depending on the weather). With that said, the look of the leather is lovely and I think these will last much longer than lighter-weight water shoes so I am still very pleased with these. If I could, I would have took off a half star because of the length of time it takes them to dry. We liked these so much I ended up buying a matching pair for my partner and she wears them often as well. I've even worn them to work on casual days or when I am going hiking afterwards. They are great for hiking because they keep your feet cool but you still have lots of support and gripping ability. They're good for just about any outdoor activity really, just make sure to spray your feet with bug spray and still use sunscreen on your feet or you will get bites and an odd-tan pattern! :P One thing I did find that helps if you want to use them for canoeing on cool days is either go barefoot as you are pushing off the boat and leave the shoes in the front of the boat to put on once you get in - or, you can actually put wool socks on underneath and it keeps your feet warm on portages etc. both while in the water and when in a windy boat. They're great for wearing around the house, to the park with the kids, or to the grocery store too. If your only intended use for these is as water shoes, I'd get a lighter weight water shoe or another type of Keens without the leather but if you want a multi-purpose outdoorswoman or even mom shoe these are great.