Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$39.37 - $381.70

on March 15, 2014
I've been a Keen lover/wearer for a long time and truly love this brand, but I think my Whispers may be my favorite pair yet. I bought this as an "upgrade" from my Newport H2s and these are SO much better. I love that the neoprene stretches in the bit around your ankle - this made them wearable right out of the box with no break-in period and ZERO blisters. They are ridiculously light weight - much lighter than my Newports - but really sturdy and durable. I wore them on a recent trip to Costa Rica and they were the perfect shoe for all of the wet/dry activities I did, like white-water river rafting, light hiking, swimming, rappelling, sailing, walking around town, etc. They dry quickly and don't get stinky (but if they did you can throw them in the washing machine with your laundry).

I'll also note that I have arthritis in my feet - specifically my big toe joint - and these were always comfy and supportive. I could keep going with no pain, which was awesome. If my feet swelled, it was easy to loosen up the lacing system. On top of all that, I got complements on them - they're pretty cute. These are more narrow and girly than the Newports.

I love them so much I bought a second pair. I highly recommend these - they're great for adventures and anytime you might get your feet wet - they're also really comfortable and a great all-around sandal for warm weather. For me they run pretty true to size (I wear a 6 1/2 in other shoes and these), but I know that a lot of people like to get them a 1/2 size bigger.
66 comments| 333 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2015
I attached photos of myself in each. The Newport H2 is the gray one, and the Whisper is the brown shoe. The Newport H2 is more rugged in every way. Note the toe guard, the width of protection surrounding my feet, and the tread on the sole (see 2nd photo). The Whisper is daintier and more fitted around my foot. It seems, too, that my toes are visible in the Whisper but not in the Newport H2. I plan to return one pair, and here's the rub: I want the sturdier ones for nature walking/hiking and for long walks, but I feel more comfortable in the Whisper, which also happens to look better. The Newports feel a little too wide, and I think the back strap would rub my ankle (I am short, though). Both use the bungee strings for adjustment in a way that is more effective than I'd realized ahead of time -- they work like any shoe laces. Oh and do buy 1/2 size up!
(Update: Decision made. I'm going to keep the Whisper based on comfort... I wore them out and felt great!)
review image review image
22 comments| 280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2009
I purchased these shoes after looking at dozens! Most were heavy and oddly shaped and very clunky. This shoe is light weight and actually fits nicely to the foot....perhaps a wider foot would find it uncomfortable but I am a medium width and it was a good fit. I did go a size smaller for the best sizing. I used the shoe the first time for trekking in the Galapagos islands. The terrain there is rocky, landings were often wet, we were always getting on and off the zodiak and lava was a major was ever present on our walks. The shoes were comfortable, they provided excellent support and they dried quickly. These things were very important to me since I had sprained my ankle just before arriving on the islands. For the 12 days that I wore these shoes, my ankle never bothered me.
2323 comments| 401 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2014
I love my Keens. They fit well and are so comfortable. Heading to Asia soon and they will be the only shoes I will take. Love the colour - goes with everything. Speedy delivery - only took 7 days from USA to Australia.
review image
11 comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2015
Best shoes I've ever had-and I'll be 81 next month!
22 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2015
These are really cute, but I do think they run a little small and are definitely narrower than the newport H2 shoes. I normally wear a 5.5 and have a little bit of a wider foot, but usually buy normal width shoes. I'd go 1/2 size up if you have a little bit of a wider foot and go your true foot size if your foot is on the normal/narrow width size. I ended up ordering two different colors in two different sizes each. I got one pair (5.5) first and they fit nicely, but I wanted to try the 6 to see if they fit better. Unfortunately, the three other pairs I ordered all felt extremely weird and not comfortable at all - I looked at the tags and the first pair was made in China and the other three were made in Thailand. I had read in a previous review that they had gone through three pairs before finding the ones that worked and had noticed this discrepancy as well. The pair from China fit so much better than the other three but were too snug for me, so now I'll have to order them in a size 6 and hope that the manufacturer is from China and not Thailand since the ones from China fit so much better.
44 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2015
I previously had a pair of CNX Clearwaters. I am a professional dog walker in a beach location so I do a LOT of walking around water. Regular tennis shoes gave me blisters and made my feet sweat. I got about 900+ miles out of my Clearwaters before they started breaking down. Which in my opinion is phenomenal. I bought a pair of Whispers last week and just put them on today. The arch support is even less than my broken down Clearwaters unfortunately. As you can see in the photo there is a considerable amount of my foot unsupported in the tan and purple whispers. The coral color is my Clearwaters. I can see and feel a huge difference. And the arch support in my Whispers don't even line up with my natural arch. It was about an 1/2 inch forward. That could possibly be because I wear a size 11. I believe they are nice shoes. They weigh considerably less than my Clearwaters, and feel more secure around the heal, but I am returning them today. Already purchased another pair of Clearwaters in another color.
review image review image
11 comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2014
I got my shoes today and was quite shocked that they were probably a half an inch short. I read the reviews from many people these were too tight and I'm really not sure how that is possible. I have flintstone feet which are extremely flat and wide and typically I have to get 7-7.5 shoe size to accommodate for the width (my actual length is 6.5) I ordered a 7 in these as it's the norm unless it's dress shoes and since the reviews constantly stated the width was tight.

There was more then enough room on the sides without me even adjusting pull cord. Also note there is a huge amount of toe room. I'm starting to think that people might not have utilized the cinch cord at this point which can tighten or loosen the width.

Anyway, I am returning and ordered a size 6.5 which I anticipate will fit true to size without the width being a factor (at least for me). The product looked great, was quality made, and the short time I tried them on they were very comfortable. I know the new ones will be spectacular and I will update my rating after I get back from Costa Rica and they go through some crazy adventure and beach activities if anything changes. =)
22 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2015
I went to my local shoe store to try these on to make sure I knew exactly what size to buy and to insure they fit good. So imagine my surprise when one shoe they sent fit perfect and on the right shoe the hole by the pinky was larger, causing my toe to go out. Ugh. So disappointed. Needless to say I had to send them back.
review image
on June 26, 2011
I bought these shoes for a family trip to Disneyland, and I love them. They are very light weight and comfortable. I have worn them everyday since they arrived. Love, Love, Love!!