4.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, great boot overall
I absolutely love my boots!

Great quality so far, and absolutely no break-in period.

Published 21 months ago by Jennifer Bradley

2.0 out of 5 stars Great uppers, soles lasted 2 months
Published on May 1, 2011 by Ellen

2.0 out of 5 stars Great uppers, soles lasted 2 months, May 1, 2011
I was very excited when I purchased these boots. I had been looking high and low for a comfortable, stylish, and simple pair of full grain leather knee high boots. They work very well with casual and going out looks, including both pants and skirts. When I am not wearing them, I kept them zipped up and upright in order to preserve the natural shaping from the uppers, which are great. They broke in very well and keep their shape. However, after only a couple of months of wear (and not wearing every day), the soles cracked. My wonderful $150 boots are useless. The soles are cracked straight across, which will only get worse with more wear. I do not bend my soles in weird, contorted positions, nor do I stuff my boots into a bag, or any other thing that might have forced the toes to bend too far and cause the soles to crack. I am still waiting to hear back from Keen on this matter. Hopefully, they will give me my money back, as if this happened so quickly the first time, I am not sure I'd want another pair. The soles are glued on, so they are not replaceable. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend these boots, as much as I'd like to. Save your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sole split after 1 month, July 16, 2012
I received these boots to Australia in June and within 1 month the sole of one of the boots has completely split in two.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not for athletic calves, September 11, 2010
I ordered both these and the Kaci boots from Keen. I have large calves in comparison to my small feet but these looked like they might be relatively broad in the calf and couldn't find a circumference listed anywhere. Well, the circumference was about 14-14.5" which is way to small for my calves and the ankle is very narrow. This would have worked if the calf would have been wider but for me it didn't work. The boots are very nice looking but just didn't work for me. I did have a friend with thin calves try them on and they looked great on her but she said they rubbed too much around her ankle. The elastic gore at the top doesn't actually have much give so if you don't have relatively small calves these probably won't work for you but the leather quality and look of the boots was very nice. The Kaci boots by the way fit well (a bit tight at first but soft leather stretched quickly). They are a bit more rugged looking and a lot more casual but very comfortable and warm.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad soles, January 1, 2012
Two months after I purchased these, the soles cracked right across the bottom. Keen was very helpful in returning them, but two months into wearing the new pair the soles are beginning to crack again. I will not be purchasing more Keens.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful boot but lackluster in black and awkward fit, February 14, 2014
This is the first time I've written a product review but this time I feel like it might be beneficial to other potential buyers. I've been wanting black books and was waffling between a few different brands/styles, but while at a museum I saw someone wearing pair of these (in Oak), and after creepily checking them out from all angles I decided they were really nice and my mind was made up. I was super excited but it took them three weeks to arrive (a full week between order placement and being shipped). I've never had issues with such slow service from Amazon. I'll cut them some slack because there was bad weather during week two, but still, it was frustrating. When they finally arrived I was so happy!! ...and then really disappointed. All the beautiful detailing blends in and isn't visible in the black leather the way it was with the brown leather. The angle of the top and the buckles look great from the side, but with the classic Keen toe and lack of visible detail, it looks like a fancy rain boot from the front. The Oak version was really cute and the black is just really meh.

Fit-wise... also disappointing. I usually wear a 5.5 or 6 and ordered a 6, which fit well on my right foot, but was very tight on my left (and I know all left feet are slightly bigger, but I've never had an issue before). That was with thin wool ankle socks and skinny jeans. I could fit a very thick wool knee sock on my right foot, but could barely zip it up over my calf, and I'd say my calves are average size. I had the same worry as some other commenters because the calf part of the boot looks huge in some of the photos I found on ebay/other sites, but it was a comfortably snug fit with just jeans underneath. It definitely would have been too tight to comfortably wear knee socks under. I'm not sure what another commenter meant about fuzzy lining because mine are leather all the way down to the insole. I think they would have been great in warmer weather with a skirt.

The biggest problem for me was the space above my ankle on the front of the boot. There was enough space there (about an inch when I pinched the leather) that my heel lifted a lot with every step I took, even with the thick heel pads on the insoles. Putting in a heel insert would have essentially turned these into wedges, because the heel already has a bit of height to it. It was uncomfortable enough that I knew I wouldn't wear them, even if I ordered a half size up in a new color. Also, this is visible in the pictures and has been mentioned in other reviews, but the sole is very slick and hard. I thought it would be fine traction-wise if it was typical Keen rubbery sole material, but this stuff is hard and wouldn't be helpful on anything wet or frozen. I love all my other Keens and I reaaaaally wanted to love this boot but my search and my heart will go on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, great boot overall, November 1, 2012
I absolutely love my boots!

Great quality so far, and absolutely no break-in period.

I would suggest finding somewhere that you can try these on before purchasing them online to make sure they will fit. The straps can be undone, but they don't seem to work at making the boot adjustable, as they make the boot shaft look a bit odd. This lack of adjustbility is why I gave them four out of five stars. They work well with almost any outfit and I get lots of compliments on them. They're very comfy, but as I said you would definitely want to try them on be before buying. Otherwise they fit my muscular calves very well and are super comfortable!

Great job, Keen!

1.0 out of 5 stars Was sent wrong size had to pay return shipping I wouldn't buy from again, BUYER BEWARE, June 12, 2013
So I order these boots for my wife she and I had a wedding to go to, she was surprised i got them for her and she was excited. But we were even more surprised when she tried them on. They didn't fit and we couldn't understand why she has 3 pairs of Keen shoes, I also 3 myself. I don't have a problem with the brand but with the supplier. Having to pay for return shipping felt like adding insult on a mistake they made. Kind of shaken my urge in buying from Amazon. Letting my prime account run out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Casual boots, October 7, 2013
I like Keens and find them very comfortable. But I ALWAYS order them a half size larger than I do with any other brand. I don't know why they size them differently, but ordering up a half size is an easy fix.

3.0 out of 5 stars Narrow true size B and very stiff, March 21, 2013
I love the idea of these boots and want to give them 4stars so bad! The boots are narrow and really cause foot pain if worn for more than an hour. The calf opening is generous and fits my calf. I am a size 14pant. Ordered sz 10.5. The ankle area is stiff and tends to pucker in when walking and rubs my leg just above my ankle and it hurts horribly. I am hoping since the upper is leather (marks and scratches easily) it will eventually soften. But until then... Ouch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Bern Keen Boots, January 16, 2013
The leather on these boots is thick and sturdy. I thought they would take a long time to break in but they were comfortable from the first time I put them on. They are just a tiny bit narrow but fairly true to size.

Keen Women's Bern Baby Bern Casual Boot,Black,9 M US