5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boot--order 1/2 size bigger

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be comfy, but clunky
Published on January 11, 2013 by omg

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be comfy, but clunky, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Keen Women's Laken High Boot (Apparel)
I ordered this boot from Amazon because I was looking for something that would be waterproof, comfortable for extensive walking, but versatile enough to wear with both jeans and a skirt. The main reason I am returning them is that I could feel a strange bump in the footbed/insole of the left boot. The right seemed to be fine, so it's probably a minor defect. It may have been something that would even out or flatten with wear, but I wasn't willing to take that gamble at the price I paid.

I didn't try to get a replacement pair because the boots weren't as good looking in person as in the pictures. The materials seem fine, but the boot is bulky/clunky. I'm not sure why I thought I could wear them with a skirt and tights. They are chunky around the ankle, and wide around the top of the calf. I am 5'5", 115 pounds. I could easily stick my hand (flat, not in a fist) down between my leg and the shaft. This may be good if you wear skinny jeans tucked into boots, but I wear my jeans over my boots. As wide and stiff as the top of the boot shaft was, it made my jeans catch and stick out around the top of the boot. (I will try to upload customer images of the boots inside jeans, with jeans tucked into one boot, and with a skirt.)

All that being said, the rest of the boot seemed to be made well. I think they would be comfortable for long periods, and I was impressed that the zipper had a sort of cover over it, which probably helps keep the boot waterproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boot--order 1/2 size bigger, October 24, 2013
I got this boot after lamenting that the Keen Silverton didn't fit, and the Winthrop is no longer made. Wore my Winthrops for two winters straight and wore through the fabric lining in the heel. I literally wore them every day in the long Minnesota winters. The Laken High has all the comforts of the Wintrhop (thinsulate warmth for those chilly days, bumper toe, water-resistance, and super-gripping soles) with the added benefit of being a knee-high boot (not mid-height). The suede is a cute detail. I have athletic calves, and these fit great over leggings and skinny jeans--no problem. Skinny-legged gals may need to look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Warm and Comfortable!, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Keen Women's Laken High Boot (Apparel)
I am thrilled with these boots! They are extremely comfortable with nice cushioning and good arch support for my very high arches. They fit my feet better than Keen's Bern Baby Bern which I tried on in a store and also considered. I ordered the Lakens in two sizes(8 and 8 1/2)unsure of how they would fit and kept the larger size which is about a half size larger than I usually wear but affords ample toe room without being too big for my medium width feet. While they are a simple design, I find them attractive and sporty and I like the chocolate brown which goes well with jeans, black, and grey pants. I have average sized calves and do not find the tops to be too big, but roomy enough to fit jeans inside with no trouble zipping up. I wouldn't wear them with a skirt but I have other shoes/boots for that. I have been wearing them all day long as our weather is cool and rainy right now and my feet feel great, which is unusual for me. I also like hearing others say that they are good in snow. I can already tell that I will wear these often throughout the year. I also appreciated how quickly my orders arrived (within 2 days) using Amazon Prime and the ease of returning the unwanted pair free of charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars In love with these boots, September 27, 2013
J. Edgar (Coeur d'Alene, ID) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keen Women's Laken High Boot (Apparel)
I'm a size 7.5 and my calves are a little less than 15". These boots fit perfectly. Based on other reviews I was afraid that they might be too wide but they are not. The boots look adorable with a skirt and black leggings, exactly what I was looking for. I love the rugged look and boy are they comfy.
The leather feels soft and the zipper is covered from the inside... these boots are so well made!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Footwear, September 17, 2013
This review is from: Keen Women's Laken High Boot (Apparel)
I live in Alaska so I wanted something cute to wear to work during the cold winter months, these ended up replacing my winter boots, my tennis shoes, and everything in between. I love these boots! They are so comfortable, and warm. Now I just need them in black as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, January 19, 2013
I bought these boots as a gift for my mother and she loves them. They are very comfortable. I like the way they look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Run small, January 18, 2013
Had to return these boots and get a half size larger. They now fit perfect and are so comfortable! No breaking in. Can wear my smartwool socks with them and keep my feet warm. Even walking in the snow! I highly recommend. No slippage; they grip the snow so no falling down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, May 22, 2013
Super happy with product! They fit well with enough room to wear thicker socks and
are the cheapest of their kind which I had found anywhere. Feels like walking on marshmallows. :)
Plus side: Ridiculously warm! (Also, kudos to Amazon for sending them so quickly.)

5.0 out of 5 stars My mom was stoked!, June 18, 2014
Perfect product! It is exactly what I had expected thank you so much. I will be recommending this to my friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond expectations, June 8, 2014
Carol (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keen Women's Laken High Boot (Apparel)
I have never written a review of anything, but these boots deserve all 5 stars and then some. I work and trial sheepdogs and am constantly in wet weather, mud and sheep pens. I have two pair of Muck boots, but they are bulky, heavy and make my feet sweat. I bought these Keen boots hoping they would replace the muck boots, but didn't really think they could hold up to the abuse. I have worn these boots almost daily through a wet, muddy spring and they still look great. Finally cleaned them with some saddle soap and they almost look like new and good enough to wear to town. I have narrow feet, so they don't fit as tight in the toe as I might like, but they don't feel sloppy and I don't get blisters. They are really comfortable and I wear them with either a light sock or a heavier SmartWool sock in colder weather. Love them. Would buy another but I don't think these will wear out soon.

Keen Women's Laken High Boot