5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes but wife still isn't a ballerina
My wife had tried these on at a local shoe store, and we found them on amazon for less. She got them and wore them non-stop during a trip to Paris, in which we walked several miles a day. She says they're very comfortable - they're her go-to day to day walking shoes now.

Published 13 months ago by vshah

2.0 out of 5 stars Despite Keen's reputation...somewhat disappointing
A few pointers:
1. the size 7 was a little too tight for the toes; the size 7.5 a little too loose (my foot size is 37.5 cm European)
2. ended up returning 7.5 because it was like a slipper, it kept coming off my feet (gave the 7 away too because it was a little too snug)
3. despite Keen's reputation, no arch support so that's a "no go" in my book...
Published 8 months ago by paxhungaria

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes but wife still isn't a ballerina, July 15, 2013

The only disappointment is that she did not become a ballerina after wearing these shoes, even after several months. Maybe I misunderstood the description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes!, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Keen Women's Mercer Ballerina CNX Shoe (Apparel)
I just got these in the mail and I love them!! Keen shoes always fit me well and these did not disappoint. I highly recommend these! I wear an 8.5-9 and the 8.5 fits perfectly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Despite Keen's reputation...somewhat disappointing, December 17, 2013
A few pointers:
3. despite Keen's reputation, no arch support so that's a "no go" in my book (basically it is like a flip flop: a podiatrist's dream because you'll be coming to see him/her at some point)
4. also worth mentioning that your feet are smelly after wearing - not sure if it is the rubber at the tip or the material but there we are (and I know, a little TMI, but smelly feet do not run in the family so it is the shoe)

Looks cute though. Not functional.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs additional support . . ., May 29, 2013
It fits as expected but does not provide as much support as other Keen shoes. Had to purchase additional support if I intend to wear it for a day of walking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable shoes!, June 10, 2013
Nell (Concord, New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
These shoes are adorable and super comfy, but I had to order a half-size up from my regular size, as they seem to run just a bit on the short size. I bought the red and the green ..... Love them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I loved it, May 17, 2013
I love the style of these shoes but I have to wear a bandaid over the top of my foot as it rubs and becomes painful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keen Ballerina, June 11, 2013
Keen sizing is so existential -- this style is just a tad smaller than anticipated (I ordered an 11 and wear a 10.5 in "normal" shoes). But I love the shoe -- great color, very comfortable, and fine for all-day walking. Green shoes rock!

2.0 out of 5 stars I WANT these to fit :(, March 8, 2014
I think these shoes are adorable. I wear a 9 to 9.5. Ordered the size 9, much too small. Then when I went to return/swap them, the price went up $50. Major disappointment. Kind of resolved to give that pair away to a girlfriend or donate them come x-mas time. The 9.5 I ordered (now +$50) still not right!! :( I think the 9.5 would have been perfect except for the heel. The heel of this shoe has a little insert that goes pretty far up the achilles tendon and is a rather puffy piece of fabric that just digs into my tendon like CRAZY. Everything else feels good inside the shoe except the heel which has rubbed my achilles tendon raw in parts. I'm trying to stretch that part out (which has helped a bit) or might just cut off that little bit that sticks out at the heel bc I really like the style and feel otherwise. Just got a lot more breaking in to do. Kinda disappointed with Keen and the price hike within a week. Could just be that my tendon sticks out a little further than the rest of the reviewers but I was genuinely surprised no one else had this problem with the heel of the shoe (in their reviews).

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, September 14, 2013
These shoes are awesome! I'm serious. I chose them primarily because they were keens, close toed, and yellow. I didn't have any amazing expectations. I am so happy with these.
The biggest concern I have when I get a new pair of flats is the back rubbing on the top of my heel causing pain. At NO TIME did this happen. The top 'rim' of the back on the shoe has a neoprene-like covering. No issue of undue rubbing, no blisters and no sore feet.
I walk about 5 miles a day between classes & parking and have had no issues with these shoes. They are comfy, cushiony, and I feel pretty well supported in them.

PLUS! they are adorable. The yellow is vibrant, they are simple, and work equally well with skirts, shorts, and pants.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Comfortable shoes I have ever worn., October 23, 2013
anne Brook (Parksville, BC, CA) - See all my reviews
I had already bought these in black and wore them with everything from shorts to summer dresses. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE these shoes. I have always wanted to wear pretty ballet flats with a dresses in the summer but they make my feet hot then they get sore but not with these. My feet could really breath through the mesh sides. I just got them in red for next summer, I don't like the other colours they remind me of colours of kids crayons so I am hoping Keen bring them out again next year in a more grown up neutral colours. I hope they don't stop making them EVER. !!!!!

Keen Women's Mercer Ballerina CNX Shoe