Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Keep It Green KIG8 Snow & Ice Melter - 8 Pound Jug
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 25, 2011
I tried this stuff out twice earlier this year, once during a nasty ice storm that left 1/2" of ice on the ground and also during a snowstorm (2" fell). Performed with intended results both times. The granules don't seem to have hurt my lawn or damage the slate pathway up to the house. Furthermore, there were no adverse effects to my dog, who is prone to licking his paws. I've gone ahead and reordered. Would recommend!
on December 22, 2010
I wanted a more environmentally and pet-friendly de-icer for my steps and walkway. I have been so pleased with the results, I just ordered the 40 lb bucket. After shoveling snow, I scattered this on my steps, porch, and concrete walkway- they stayed clear even after more snow. We then had freezing rain that coated the sidewalks and streets, but my steps and walkway stayed clear, even without reapplying the product (granted, I probably used more than I should have the first time around... I was worried it wouldn't work well, so I scattered a lot). The 8 lb jug is really just enough to try out the product. It would only be enough for winter in places that don't get snow/ice very often.
on December 5, 2011
- Ordered two of the 40lb containers last couple winters
- Very pleased, the ice melter melts ice and seems to disappear after a short time unlike heavy rock salt I've used in the past.
- Small container serves as a spreader as well, making it a little easier than lugging out a 40lb bucket and scooping.
- Overall pleased with this purchase, but will likely have to order a 40lb bucket before winter really gets going.
on January 17, 2013
I got this for my front steps, because they tend to remain frozen throughout the winter even when it doesn't snow. I only need to apply the product every few days as long as the rain does not wash it off and it doesn't seem to be damaging my steps, either.
on March 7, 2013
I put this product on frosty wooden steps to melt the frost and make the steps less slippery. It worked well for that purpose, but because of the persistent cold and humid air here in the NW I found the product stayed on the steps and condensed water. That made the steps perennially wet and slick. I had to wash the product from the steps to eliminate the slipping danger.
on February 18, 2013
Well, I have tried using this to melt the ice off my deck several times when temperatures were really not that cold. It did absolutely nothing. I don't know what the problem is here.
on March 10, 2009
I received the products on time, but the shipment packaging was very lousy. One of the containers opened up during shipping and all the salt was in the shipping box, making the box wet and soggy. The containers that contained the salt should be sealed more securely for shipping. Thank you.