on May 27, 2013
In "Keeper of Reign", there is a curse that has come upon the people of Reign and its surrounding areas. Can the main character, Jules Blaze, reverse the curse and find his missing family members before he is caught by the evil Gehzurolle? Maybe the Ancient Books will help, but many seem to be missing as well...

Keeper of Reign is a Young Adult fantasy adventure book that will grab the attention of all ages. Starting with page one, it was hard to put the book down. It was easy to get to know each character. The book was fast paced and fun to read, as well as "clean" for the hearts and minds of our kids today. The plot developed well with good closure, but was also left open for the next book in the series. I can't wait to read the next one!

The author, Emma Right, has a great author's page to help you see more about the book and its characters http://www.emmaright.com/Home.aspx

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
on June 13, 2013
May 2013
$ 12.99
Paperback
340 pages

What if we were long ago cursed and all our wisdom, history, and tradition was divided and recorded into five books? Naturally, the best way to keep the information safe would be to assign each of these books to five different people. Those whose families had the responsibilities of these books did not always know which other families were also keepers. This kept the books and people safe.

This curse turned our normal sized human selves into Elfies and also developed a technology for lanterns and an unusual relationship with dragonflies. And, the books, too, shrank when we did and needed to be safely hidden, for our enemies know without them we would be rendered eternally hopeless.

Jules Blaze is a sixteen-year-old boy with one younger brother and three sisters. As the eldest, he finds himself as heir of a Keeper, one who keeps the valued history of his people. With his father away fighting to keep their people safe, Jules reluctantly realizes his responsibilities to his siblings as their home in attacked since his mother is a Keeper.

Gehzurolle is the evil lord who possesses armies of Scorpents. He desires to possess the books of the five keepers in order to destroy the Eflies. So begins the race for Jules to find the books while keeping his family and friends safe and out of the hands of the dreaded Scorpents.

Emma Right resides in the Pacific West Coast where she home schools her five children. Previously she has successfully been employed by advertising agencies, winning numerous awards.

Keeper of the Reign is a fast-paced action adventure novel for all ages, even though it is considered to be a young adult fantasy novel. (This would be wonderful tale to read aloud to children at night with many short chapters and frequent cliffhangers.) There are no problems with bad language or inappropriate scenes, although there is some blood and violence with the children's quest to survive.

The story is well-written with characters who are complicated and often conflicted about their choices in considering the consequences of their actions. From page one, the story leaps into action never resting until the end with definite foresight of a possible sequel.

Keeper of Reign is a wonderful story for all ages as they join Jules on his quest to save his people.
on June 15, 2013
Keeper of Reign is a fast-paced journey of self-discovery and great adventure. We watch with bated breath as a long forgotten legacy is slowly unraveled before our eyes. Legend is finally brought to light and destiny is slowing being fulfilled. The despised and neglected are standing up to claim their heritage and their birthright, and the plans of evil are being undone. Keeper of the Reign is a brilliant start to a very promising story.

The strong relationships that are forged throughout this story really spoke to my heart about the strength and courage that we draw from our friends and family whether we realize it or not. Throughout the good times and the bad times, we tend to glean the best from each other. This speaks volumes about how important it is that we do our best to cherish the time that we have with each other. We are not guaranteed a long life. We are not even guaranteed tomorrow or even the next second, so we need to never waste our words fussing or fighting. Instead, we should concentrate on loving each other. We need to see past the bad and forgive the pain brought upon us by those we love, so that we can continue to grow and become all that we are meant to be.

Emma Right has penned a beautiful story of devastating loss, unwavering faith, and promising hope. I am anxious to see how this story unfolds and find out what Right has in store for us. This story will warm your heart and keep you guessing. I would heartily recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good fantasy story with solid, well-developed characters.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Ready for a great new fantasy series? Emma Right brings YA readers an exciting adventure filled with action and surprises around every turn. This story is set up keep the young adult reader coming back for more with each new chapter. I know my son is going to love it as a before bedtime read.

Great for all ages with a thirst for adventure and a heart for legends and good vs. evil. This story is lighter than some fantasy tales I have read recently and is actually filled with hope. The characters are well written and I look forward to seeing how the series will unfold in the next book.

I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
on August 9, 2013
Normally I don't care for fantasy books, but I was quickly captured by the little elfies in Keeper of the Reign by Emma Right. The book is quick paced and 383 pages long. I think I'll lay aside today's chores and give myself over to fun, mystery and hopefully an end to the curse that created the race of Elves.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Keeper of Reign by Emma Right is a young adult fantasy novel which is full of action and adventure. I enjoyed the book and found it hard to put down.

The author did a good job of developing a storyline which was easy to follow and believable. The story had a lot of similarity with human history and a lot of Judeo Christian beliefs woven within the story.

Emma Right did an excellent job with the character development. I like the way she had the characters mature and grow as the story progress. I found the characters both believable and easy to identify with.

I really enjoyed Keeper of the Reign by Emma Right and recommend it to all readers.

[Please note: I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.]
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I love this story and I am ancient. Of couse I could be entering my second childhood. Maybe I'll just forget about that thread and go on.

Lately I seem to think I don't have time to read. But I need to read like I need to breath. So I normally read a chapter and then do something "useful" before I will allow myself to go to the next chapter.

It didn't work this way for *Keeper of Reign*. I could not put the book down for very long periods of time because I had to know what was happening and if the characters managed to get out of the latest snag in their quest.

The only complaint I have is that the second book is not published yet. But I have faith that Emma Right will correct that *error*. Also husband and I just had a good message last Sunday on being content. So ... until the next book comes out ...I wait.

I can highly recommend this book.
on June 22, 2013
Lovable characters and good suspense! It leaves you wanting to find out more. I like the allegory aspect to the story.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a great fantasy book. It plays with fables about elves in a way that I've yet to read before. I liked the characters a lot. There were moments when I was a bit lost, a few spots where I felt like it was a bit long, but those are my only complaints.

I felt like Emma did a great job investing in her characters and the world she built around them. I love the old stories mixed into the story that she's telling.

She did a great job at character development and arcs. I'm a big character person and I felt like you could connect with these ones!

In the end I wanted more, I wanted to know what happened next. It was a good read.

I recommend it for fantasy lovers and those that enjoy a book that will take you out of the world you're living and drop you into a new one with new rules!
on July 27, 2013
I don't normally ready fantasy books and was compelled too after getting a copy for my 15 year old son. He was very engaged from the onset and carried this book around as if it were part of him. Keeping an open mind I decided to start reading and was very surprised how the book is developing. I must say what I've read thus far is quite excellent and quite becoming a Keeper of Reign fan.

Emma has me caught up in this fantasy world with much bated expectations. The book keeps you moving with a seesaw of emotions intriguing, heartfelt, unwavering and totally involved are the words that come to mind.

If you have a teenager or young kid who loves reading I must say this book would be an excellent choice for a gift or special occasion.