Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 17, 2000
I purchased this CD strictly because of the song Callie but the rest of the CD is outstanding. This artist exhibits a technical crispness in her guitar playing that is seldom heard in today's electronically enhanced music. I only regret that I didn't follow my first mind and hear her live at a recent concert here in Chicago. In addition to Callie, listeners should check out "China Basin" It's hot.
on January 21, 2000
I am a fan of WJZF 104.1MHz, a jazz-only station in Atlanta, GA, although I do not live there. I was listening to the station while on business there, and the the cut "Callie" came on without any introduction. I was completely captivated. I stopped what I was doing to concentrate on it. After it was through, I realized I had to have the recording. This station, unlike a lot of others, tell what is played afterwards. When I got the CD, I was not disappointed. The rest of it is just as good as the first song on it. It is beautiful and I am looking forward to hearing all the rest of the music that this talented musician/singer has done. Hopefully I will get to hear her music live the next time I am in the Bay area. Anyone who loves smooth jazz needs to sample Joyce's music!
on November 27, 1999
When I saw "Keeping It Cool", her first CD,on the shelf it blew me away. I used to follow Joyce when she was doing the clubs in San Francisco. Joyce and her partner Jay take you into another dimension, somewhere on a white sand beach in Rio with a pina colada and cool breeze. "Keeping Cool" is tasteful, cutting edge and wafts one through the grooves and moods. This is what smooth jazz is about. Joyce Cooling hasn't come a long way, she's been there. It's about time people took notice.
on September 27, 2000
Great guitar work, good tunes, decent vocals. What's the downside? Too much reliance on the synthesized rhythm section and keyboards. When you've got a great sound (and Cooling does) why smother it with electronics? Hire a few more studio side men and open up the sound. Mind you, I'm a big fan of what electronic instruments can do for jazz, especially "smooth" jazz, but on this CD the MIDI bass lines and keyboard fills really distract from the main event.
on March 22, 2000
The lady is BAD... She & Jay Wagner combine their respective talents in an awesome manner...easy to listen to, makes you want MORE & MORE...you can either listen hard to her or let her fill the background with an attention-getting, toe-tapping backdrop for whatever you're doing! Made me stop in the middle of an essay I was really into writing; cost me a few minutes, but upon resuming, really enjoyed listening to her without having to try..cranked out the paper in no time at all.( By the way, got A+) EITHER of her CD's are keepers..you can't go wrong!
on March 28, 2014
Fantastic CD- consistent with a lot of her other albums and a real pleasure to listen to...lots of great new songs and love the way she puts the tunes together in her own style and arrangements are really cool. Keep up the great work and hurry up with a new album...
on August 15, 2012
This CD stands on its own. But Cooling fans can hear the progession in the compositions, all of which Joyce has a hand in writing. Enjoy it on its own, or as part of the journey of recordings before and after.
on February 29, 2004
I have to believe that 'Keeping Cool' will live on as one of the greatest Smooth Jazz works ever produced - "Before Dawn" is but one example of what makes this album brilliant.

It's a staple in any Smooth Jazz collection.
on March 21, 2000
Absolutely delightful is an apt way to describe this cd. The sound is light, crisp and energizing without being overwhelming. A rare find, a new sound for the jazz community. Beautiful music, Joyce and her band are "Awesome".
on January 21, 2000