5.0 out of 5 stars Great scorecard- an easy method of learning to keep score., March 17, 1999
This review is from: Keeping Score: A Baseball Handbook (Paperback)
This book did what it claimed it would do. What else could you expect. I wanted to learn to keep score and that's what it showed me how to do. As a novice (Little League) score keeper I was glad that there really is a written system to help those of us who don't have a baseball background. My son found the section on compling statistics very readable and he now keeps up with all the players on his team. I suppose my only complaint is that this book wasn't readily available in bookstores. At least Amazon managed to track it down and ship it quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to "one" method of scoring, May 28, 1999
This review is from: Keeping Score: A Baseball Handbook (Paperback)
This book provides and easy to read, simple to grasp method of scoring a baseball game that virtually anyone can master. My only criticism is that the book fails to emphasize that there is NO single "right" way of scoring. So long as you can retrieve all of the significant details of a particular game from the scorecard, then any method is correct. In any event, I highly recommend this book to beginners and intermediate scorers alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a logical system for scoring!!!, January 8, 1999
This review is from: Keeping Score: A Baseball Handbook (Paperback)
I have always been interested in (properly) scoring a game, but have been unable to find a system that was easy to remember and useful to refresh my memories after watching a game. Carter and Lee have done a masterful job of explaining and demonstrating their scoring method in this book. I recommend it for anyone looking for a scoring system that is easy to use, from beginner to expert scorers.

Keeping Score: A Baseball Handbook
Keeping Score: A Baseball Handbook by Lee Tunnell (Paperback - Nov. 1994)
Used & New from: $72.95