Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Keeping Up with the Kardashians: Season 1
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on August 21, 2015
I have avoided them my whole life, until now. It's like a train wreck. A really entertaining train wreck.
on July 24, 2014
i never watched the kardashians ever,but it was very cheap and everybody is tellling me its worth buying it so i did and they are very funny to watch,sometimes it sick to see how much money they have and what they do with it but the dvd was ok
on January 9, 2014
I gave this product four out of five stars because even though I love the Kardashians, I thought there would be more episodes than it had.
on December 28, 2012
This is the best season because they appear to be normal. The family is the most down to earth in this - a must watch.
on August 30, 2010
KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS is something shouldn't like [it's obviously scripted, despite being flogged as a fly-on-the-wall show], but I watch anyway.

The Kardashian family are: Mum Kris Jenner, Her husband Bruce [Olympic gold medal winner], Kris' older children; Kourtney, Kimberly, Khloe, Robert [their father is late L.A. power attorney Robert Kardashian] and Kris' and Bruce's daughters Kylie and Kendall.

Most of the episodes center around Kim [she's the one with the T&A and her own best-selling sex tape], although she is actually boring and very me-me-me. She keeping referring to herself as famous, but this is the recording of the first season, she was just known as 'the girl in that sex tape' at this point... Robert is another weak link - he seems nice, but doesn't do anything when he's
onscreen, but luckily he's away in uni most of the time.

What keeps me viewing is Khloe's sense of humour. She is hilarious and whenever she pairs up with Kourtney you know there is bound to be something worth watching about to happen. Khloe is the standout on the show and since she and Kourtney are so good together they now have a spin off show [Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami] too, which often outperforms this show for ratings in the US.

Bruce is also very funny, but he is often drowned out by the girls, which is a shame. Momager Kris is much more likable then I thought she would be and is feisty. Kylie and Kendall don't really get too much screen time, but as they're in their early teens I think Bruce and Kris are being responsible in limiting their exposure.

Episode 1: I'm Watching You
Kim prepares her first big TV interview, where she'll have to discuss her sex tape and everyone helps to set up a anniversary party for Bruce and Kris.

Episode 2: Managing Mom
Being a busy working mum [she owns a store and is manager to Bruce as well as Kim] starts to take it's tole on Kris, so she hires a nanny. Meanwhile Kim debates firing her as her manager.

Episode 3: Brody in the House
As the girls and Rob all go to Mexico for a saucy shoot, Bruce is told that they're taking a vacation. When he finds out that they're doing a shoot for a swimwear range owned by the creator of 'Girls Gone Wild' he goes after them and asks his son Brody Jenner to stay at the family home to look after Kylie and Kendall.

Episode 4: Birthday Suit
Playboy ask Kim to pose for them, much to Bruce's dismay, but as he says "Why ask for my opinion? You're going to do what you want anyway". Kim decides to only do it if she doesn't have to take her clothes off, but this is Playboy - do you think they'll be happy with that?

Episode 5: Remembering Dad
As the anniversary of her father's death approaches, a emotionally fragile Khloe is arrested for a DUI. Luckily the camera crew are on hand to recreate the drama. Literally. There's even a disclaimer at the start of the episode disclosing that "this episode features recreations of actual events". See? Not scripted at all - pure reality!

Episode 6: You Are So Pregnant, Dude!
Kourtney takes a pregnancy test and there is a wild weekend for the girls [and Rob] in Vegas - will a classy Vegas wedding be involved for one of them? Meanwhile Kris buys Kendall a puppy and instructs her to keep it hidden from poor Bruce, who said no...

Episode 7: Helping Hand
Khloe asks Kris what she should do about the homeless man outside the girls store and is told to show some compassion. So she and Kourtney take him to the family home to clean him up.

Episode 8: The Price of Fame
Kim is devastated when she learns that some old photos she stole and later misplaced of Kourtney as a teenager wind up in the wrong hands. Is Kourtney about to be the next Kardashian 'Superstar'? Kris wastes no time in phoning lawyers and involving the FBI in tracking down the shots of the underage Kourtney.
on January 22, 2010
I'll admit it, I'm a bit addicted to this show. It's funny and very entertaining. The Kardashian sisters are lovable and goofy, their mom Kris is just as funny, their brother Rob is adorably handsome, their little sisters Kendell and Kylie and hilarious and step dad Bruce...well he's Bruce, but even he has his funny moments. The only reason I gave this 4 stars is because I would've loved it to see it uncensored and have more extras. I would've loved to see new behind the scene interviews with the family, and maybe talk about how the show came about and maybe more outtakes from the show, but other than that it's still worth the money..
on January 7, 2009
I love the Kardashian sisters! So when the first season came out on dvd, I was ready to own it. But, I was a little disappointed when I started watching it. The quality of it looks horrible. I mean, it looks like a home video. Other than that, I have no problems with it. I just hope the second season has better quality.
on December 10, 2008
Ok, a guilty pleasure.

I got into watching the show when it came on.

Course, you have only a short season of 8 episodes.

A down side-EPISODES AS THEY AIRED ON E! THEY SHOW BE UNCUT.

Ok extras-1 extra program & episode commentary by the older sisters.

I will purchase season 2 when it is released & will watch the 3rd season when aired spring of 2009.

Yes, I guilty pleasure I would say I watch.
on October 15, 2008
Although they don't always get along - hey, what family does? - this is a family that genuinely loves each other. And they're fun to watch. Kimberly is hot. Her sisters are cute, and Bruce is a hoot!

One note, the extra episode "Junk in the Trunk", which aired at the end of Season 2, is slightly different here than what aired on E!. There are a couple of added segments, but there are also a couple of missing ones too, like the prank the brother plays with his girlfiend on his mom, and Kourtney surprising Khloe w/ info on her acting class partner. Wonder why the changes were made.