Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on June 28, 2009
I waited a long time for a "best of" Christina Aguilera, and now there is finally one available with this CD/DVD set. I'm not a die hard fan, but I like several of her songs and admire her vocals. I didn't like her enough to buy any of her regular albums but always thought if she released a greatest hits I'd check it out. All the familiar radio hits are here. The DVD of her popular MTV videos is a nice bonus, but I won't really watch it much I'll listen to the CD. I was disappointed to discover after I got mine that there are other versions of this release with more tracks. My CD only has 14 tracks, others have 16 or 17. A Decade of Hits also only covers three albums, which is interesting. It used to be bands would put out 10 albums in a decade, now Christina can get away with only three. If you want to get her hit songs without buying all the CDs, this is a good disc. It suits my Christina Aguilera needs perfectly.
on May 16, 2010
Keeps Gettin' Better isn't meant to be a greatest hits collection. Rather it's a chronological runthrough of some of Christina's biggest hits and her evolution as an artist over the past decade. All 4 singles from her debut are featured (Genie In A Bottle, What A Girl Wants, I Turn To You, and Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)) with only 3 from Stripped (Dirrty, Beautiful, and Fighter) and Back To Basics (Ain't No Other Man, Hurt, and Candyman). She flips the script on 2 of her biggest staples. Genie 2.0 is a techno inflected makeover of the original and the self love anthem Beautiful transforms into an icy slice of electronica. The new tracks Keeps Gettin' Better and Dynamite preview the futuristic electropop of her upcoming disc Bionic. Casual listeners and hardcore fans, enjoy. Everybody else need not apply.
on January 27, 2011
The past year hasn't been the best for Christina Aguilera. The pop songstress' last album Bionic tanked (thanks to her label) and her 5 year marriage to husband/music marketing exec Jordan Bratman came to an end. Latest reports allege the diva attempted to physically assault her Burlesque co-star Julianne Hough at a Golden Globes after party and passed out drunk in the bed of actor Jeremy Renner during his birthday party. Personally I think both stories are fabricated soap opera storylines (the tabloid's forte), but I digress.

While many people are questioning if Aguilera can make a comeback, I thought it'd be nice to take a trip down memory lane. Enter 2008's Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits, a chronological runthrough of some of Christina's biggest hits and her evolution as an artist over the past decade.

The 1999 debut single Genie in a Bottle introduced the giggly, midriff bearing blonde Chrissy to the pop music scene. The suggestive come-on "I'm a genie in a bottle, baby/Gotta rub me the right way, honey... Come come, come on and let me out" caused some mild controversy from the press, but it wasn't that big of a deal. The R&B flavored What a Girl Wants thanks a guy for standing by his girl through the tough times. "What a girl wants/What a girl needs/Whatever makes me happy sets you free..." The ballad I Turn To You, penned by Diane Warren, is another dedication to a lover or friend for being a "shield from the storm". By the single version of Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You), Christina was ready to upgrade the sexuality of her image: "I'm not just talking about your sexuality/But I can't help myself when you put your hands on me.... It's paradise, when you and I/Get close, get tight/One on one I wanna/Go on all night/I wanna play that game with you, baby!"

The 2001 Latin pop track Nobody Wants to Be Lonely teamed the diva up with Mr. Livin' La Vida Loca Ricky Martin and Lady Marmalade, a Missy Elliot produced cover of the 70's Labelle classic, brought Pink, Mya, and Lil' Kim on board to pose the question "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir)?" "Do you want to sleep with me (tonight)?" in English. Christina's powerhouse pipes shut. it. DOWN!

2002's Stripped said "peace out" to Chrissy and "wazzup?!" to Xtina, the sexed up, aggressive bad girl with multiple body piercings, ratty weaves, and a phony "ghetto" accent (yo!). Dirrty, both the video and the song, made mouths drop all over the country. You remember her "sweatin' until my clothes come off", although she wasn't wearing much clothing to begin with. The self-esteem booster Beautiful was released as the follow-up and swept away the controversy of her new image. "We are beautiful no matter what they say/Yes, words won't bring us down/We are beautiful in every single way/Yes, words can't bring us down/Don't you bring me down today!" And don't you forget it! The rock influenced Fighter thanks all the backstabbers and naysayers who try to take you down with their hate. "Made me learn a little bit faster/Made my skin a little bit thicker/Makes me that much smarter/So thanks for making me a fighter!"

2006 saw the creation of Back to Basics, a throwback record inspired by the pioneers of jazz and blues like Etta James and Billie Holliday. The exuberant lead single Ain't No Other Man praises Christina's (or Baby Jane as she was called at the time) then husband Jordan for being "the only one who's ever passed every test" and prove himself worthy of her love. Candyman gives the 1941 Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy swinger a raunchy twist: "He's a one stop, gotcha hot, making all the panties drop!" Hurt is a dramatic Barbara Streisand styled ballad of Tim Burton proportions agonizing over an estranged parent's passing. "I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do/And I've hurt myself/By hurting you."

The compilation boasts 2 new songs based in the futuristic electropop of her 2010 disc Bionic. Keeps Gettin' Better is a cocky and fun reminder that Xtina 2.0 is always in control and Dynamite is an electric dance track all about being free and having fun. Genie 2.0 is a techno inflected makeover of the original that passes with flying colors. I am deeply in love with the icy slice of electronica remake of Beautiful retitled You Are What You Are (Beautiful). Recalling the dreamy ambience of Zero 7 and The Knife, Christina's vocals are robotic and restrained, but the emotion of the original is still there. Her slightly muffled melisma runs toward the end are gorgeous. I can play this one a dozen times in a row and not get sick of it.

Christina isn't the first nor will she be the last star to hit a few bumps in her professional career. Mariah Carey, anyone? I'm sure she'll come back harder than ever, kickin' butts and takin' names. Lord knows she's come too far to throw in the towel for good. Get 'em, girl!
on July 19, 2010
Despite the omission of the beautiful ballad "The Voice Within," all of the biggest solo hits from Christina Aguilera are contained in chronological order on this disc. Missing, however, is the 2001 smash "Lady Marmalade" because it was part of a movie soundtrack.

As for the songs on this collection, the wonderful pop singles "Genie in a Bottle" and "Beautiful" are worth the album's price alone, as they are two of the finest pop songs of the last decade or so. There are other ballads, "Hurt" and "I Turn to You" which are not to be overlooked. The 2006 smash hit "Ain't No Other Man" and the marvelous "Candyman" are also included here.

There are also two new songs, "Keeps Gettin' Better" and "Dynamite" which both kind of have an electro vibe to them, kind of like Goldfrapp meets Madonna. To her credit, the songs sound like legitimate hits and not just filler. There is also a new version of "Genie" which is just okay. But overall, this is a fine collection from one of the greatest and most recognizable voices of our time.
on December 25, 2010
Now to some people it may seem slightly early for Ms. Aguilera to be releasing a greatest hits collection after just 3 mainstream studio albums, but this special ten year career anniversary collection definitely does a very good job in bringing together & highlighting some of Christina's trademark & in some cases iconic songs, the tracklisting for the album runs in chronological order to the hits from her 1999 debut Christina Aguilera, then to the sophomore release Stripped & finally to her 2006 retro influenced album Back to Basics and there are 4 new songs, 2 being different & fresh renditions of the original back catalogue material & the other two being compleatly new such as `Dynamite' & the electro-pop influenced single `Keeps getting better'. overall it is a smashing hits collection from living legend Christina Aguilera & just to add very fond of the album artwork and the booklet which includes futuristic pics of christina!! here comes the new decade of hits!!
on December 22, 2008
I bought this album from an independent seller, and my copy is the UK deluxe edition. For CD, the UK release has three more tracks than the US release: "Lady Marmalade", "Nobody Wants to Be Lonely" and "The Voice Within".

To me, "Lady Marmalade" is the only thing that makes the UK release special, as I would never buy a CD single, this is the only Christina album in which I can have that song. As for "Nobody Wants to Be Lonely", I'm also a Ricky Martin fan, that song is also included in the US release of his latest greatest hits album. But if you're not a Ricky Martin fan, and you don't like buying CD single either, this is also the only Christina album that contains that song.

About the 4 new recordings, I love 3 of them: "Keeps Gettin' Better", "Dynamite" and "Genie 2.0", but as they are all available in the standard US release, so they're not that special for this particular version.

the big flaw of this album is the missing singles like "Reflection" and "Can't Hold Us Down". I even think they should have removed "Nobody Wants to Be Lonely", for it's actually a Ricky Martin song, to include those two classics.

As for the DVD, it's same with the DVD from the US deluxe edition that is exclusively available at Target.

So just consider before your purchase, see if you really want it. For me, UK/Japan Deluxe Edition is the best buy.
on December 29, 2013
I'm not a huge Christina Aguilera fan, but I do like some of her songs. All the ones I like (and some of the ones I don't) are all on this CD. There are songs from each of her CDs and this CD is a must for anyone like me (who likes some of her stuff), and die hard fans who want her best on one CD. I like it.
on January 27, 2014
This 2 CD set is absoloutley incredible!! I love the videos, SUCH AMAZING VIDEOS. The CD it self is amazing as well. Contains 3 new songs as well.
I wished this had the Lady Marmalade video but a superb CD overall.
Highly reccomended.
4. Can't Hold Us Down with Lil' Kim
5. The Voice Within
6. Car Wash with Missy Elliott
7. Tilt Ya Head Back with Nelly

It's hard to consider this a complete collection when there are such obvious misses here. Lady Marmalade was a huge #1 hit. Also it could've included some other rarities like her Duet with Tony Bennett "Steppin Out", "A Song for You" with Herbie Hancock or the cover of John Lennon's "Mother." Also why not throw in some live songs that arent on CD like, "At Last", "It's a mans World", "Run To You" Next

I want to see a Live album maybe an MTV unplugged. I'd be happy with a Back To Basics live tour CD too. XTina has an amazing voice, I can't wait to see what she does next.
on July 10, 2015
Keeps Getting Better; A Decade of Hits by Christina Aguilera chronicles many of her hits from the 1990’s up until 2008. Genie In A Bottle, Come On Over Baby, Beautiful, etc, are among the multiple hits on this cd. As with many others, I was first introduced to Christina Aguilera through her late 1990’s hit Genie In A Bottle. Christina Aguilera’s music was also pretty popular throughout the multiple places I was stationed at through the navy such as the song Beautiful (I remember hearing Beautiful sometime around late 2002/early 2003 at one of the Subway locations in Japan for a quick dinner (it was a positive memory because I was with the man who is now my husband). Fighter and Dirty (feat. Redman)were two of the songs I remember hearing in California (I just wish that I could remember whether it was through local radio, yahoo internet music, and.or television first).Ain’t No Other Man was pretty popular on the local radio in 2006 (where I was living in Florida through the navy). Candyman and Keeps Getting Better are some of the songs in this selection that have not been exposed to the radio as much (at least in the places where I have lived, but they are good songs nonetheless). Keeps Getting Better; A Decade of Hits by Christina Aguilera is perfect for those who enjoy pop dance music and/or are familiar with at least 3-5 songs by Christina Aguilera.