Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on December 26, 2011
The glass has nice thick walls and seems well made and sturdy (although there are very prominent mold-lines on the sides). Unfortunately, the reservoir area at the bottom does not measure one ounce as it should (it is a little less than 1/2 ounce), so it doesn't work correctly for proportioning a glass of absinthe.
on December 28, 2012
I am a fan of absinthe and figured that it was about time to invest in some appropriate glassware. Together, they ran me about $33 after shipping. I was pleased to find that these were made of thick-walled glass (not the most elegant, but very practical.) Some folks mentioned that the reservoir at the bottom wasn't large enough. I is true that only about a half a shot of liquid fits inside the bulb, but I fill it up to the baseline ABOVE the reservoir. This way I get at about 1.5 oz (maybe a little more.) If I fill it up with cold water to about 0.5" from the top, I find I get just about the right mix of (Lucid, since it's what's available in my area) absinthe and water for my personal tastes.

Over all, I would recommend this product to anyone who's looking for an affordable and practical absinthe glass.
on January 7, 2015
These are very affordable and good glasses for starting out with "proper" absinthe preparation. Yes, there is a seam on the glass, but they hold liquid.....and that's what I need them to do.They hold up fine in the dishwasher. The bottom reservoir is definitely too small for the standard 1oz of absinthe, so I'd recommend getting a jigger to accurately measure alcohol volume and not just eyeball measure using this glass alone.
on August 3, 2015
Works well for me. It's about 1.5 ounces to fill the reservoir up to where the flutes start. Drip cold water in until it's above the flutes and you have 3 to 1 water absinthe. I tend to do 2 cubes and a bit more then 3 to 1 to get the flavor I like.
on December 20, 2013
Being new to Absinthe I have tried two different types of glasses. I really like the weight of this one. I do not worry about it breaking and it seems to keep the drink colder longer. As far as other reviews noting the measuring ability I like this one. I used my bar ware to pour my first drinks to be sure I had taste correctly. I made a mental note of where to pour each to and have not had any difficulties. I plan to purchase more of these plus different style spoons for each glass for sharing with friends at girls night in.
on February 12, 2016
I like it. It's a nice weight and thickness. It is a durable drink glass with a nice solid heavy glass shape in the stem area that doesn't appear clearly in the photo. I gave it 4 stars because of the seams in the glass. I hadn't expected there to be any seams. They don't show in the product photo. But there are seams on both sides of the glass, across the foot on two sides, up both sides of the glass to the rim. They aren't that obtrusive. It's a pretty and sturdy drinking glass.
on January 12, 2015
Genuine Absinthe glasses! If you drink this intense beverage, these glasses provide you will a convenient way to measure the Absinthe properly. These are just like the ones I see in Paris but at a much lower price.
on April 3, 2013
This is a solid, heavy, made for the purpose glass. I'd expect to find this in a tavern or bar getting heavy use. The design makes measuring out absinthe and water in typical proportions very straight-forward. I suspect these glasses (I ordered two) will see plenty of use, and last us a lifetime. A good, basic glass for a special product.
on October 13, 2012
I would NOT call this glass "authentic." My shot of absinthe goes over the line limit. It really doesn't matter to me. I just like the look of it even though it not calibrated correctly. The glass is for drinking and it works. I like it.
on July 25, 2011
These are just right for serving absynthe. The cut and style of the glass reflect the period when absynthe was popular. The glasses arrived carefully packed and were in pristine condition. I'd definitely recommend these to anyone looking to serve drinks in a Victorian setting. Vive la fee verta!