Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on December 20, 2010
The Kegerator comes packaged in double "double walled" boxes with a lot of Styrofoam packaging materials and materials. All of the minor components are neatly organized in a separate box inside of the Kegerator fridge. After removing all the pieces and laying them out, I began to read the instruction manual. The manual content is very clear and concise with well illustrated pictures on the assembly of the unit and pieces. The box was undamaged in shipping .

Assembly is fairly simple, anyone with basic knowledge of hand tools should have no problem. It takes about 20-30 minutes to get it put together and running, the one thing I would advise any owner is to take your time and learn the pieces of the dispensing system while you assemble it. This is critical in understanding how everything works in order to be able to trouble shoot any issues should they arise.

The unit comes with a 2.5lb C02 tank that I was able to get filled up for less than ten bucks. I recommend a local paint ball shop since they are better equipped to fill this size of tanks up. Welding supply shops also work.

Once everything is assembled and it was plugged in it turned right on and gave a silent hum as if to let me know it was on. Even with the compressor cycling on and off it still maintains a very minimal noise level.

After allowing the refrigerator to operate with no keg in it for 24 hours I decided to give it a test drive. The first keg used was a Pony Keg of Budlight. After letting the Keg sit and cool in the Kegerator for another 24 hours it was time for the first pour which resulted in nothing but foam. After doing a bit of trouble shooting I realized I had opened the valve on the C02 tank all the way for max flow. This resulted in over pressurizing the keg. To fix this I closed the valve and adjusted the regulator to having it near closed. I then pulled the pressure release pin on the coupler releasing the built up C02 in the keg. The next glass I poured came out perfectly - pure golden bliss with a decent layer of foam.

About 40 minutes layer I tried to fill up a pitcher of beer and was presented with a near perfect pour. This was more than enough of evidence that there was a consistent pressure and was at an optimal level for consistent pouring.

I purchased the black unit after a side by side comparison - the stainless steel definitely would look great in someones kitchen. The reason why i did not purchase the stainless steel unit is because i preferred the black exterior. The chrome guardrail and stainless steel spout add a nice touch to the overall exterior of the unit. Cleanup is easy and was simple with just a bit of standard surface cleaner. I was also able to change out the tap handle with a standard Brewing Company handle.

Keg's that have been run through this unit: Pyramid Hefeweizen, Budlight, Budweiser, and Dos Equis
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 5, 2012
Got this for super cheap as I think the company is trying to clear them out.

Here is the deal, this is a cheap kegerator. It will preform as well as any kegerator <$600 (not very well). A good kegerator that will work well out of the box runs you $800+ period. I don't care what other reviews tell you. People who think this kegerator or any other kegerator in its price range are working well for them are just ignorant and don't understand how it should be performing.

I initially had problems with foam and high temperatures like almost everyone else but they can easliy be solved. In short, I now have a lager running that when I pour a pint I only get about 1/2cm foam at the top and it is well carbonated and the beer is at a cool 38 degrees.

First, if you buy this cheap kegerator or ANY cheap kegerator, be prepared to read a lot online about why it is cheap and what you need to do to fix it.

Critical Improvement: fan circulation. This is basically the biggest difference between cheap kegerators and expensive kegerators. Notice that your real refrigerator circulates air throughout it. There is a reason for that. The cheap refrigerator that these kegerators are build around do NOT have circulation in them. They just have a metal plate in the back that gets really cold and is completely dependent on diffusion for the coldness to spread throughout the fridge. This might be fine for a few food items, but for a full keg this simply will NOT work. Solution: add a fan. The cheap way I did this was I bought a 120mm computer case fan and powered it using an ac to 12v DC adapter (actually just an old cell phone charger I had). If you have no idea what I'm talking about then ask a friend that does or just know that the bottom line is you NEED TO HAVE A FAN IN THE KEGERATOR THAT IS CIRCULATING AIR OVER THE BACK COOLING PLATE IN THE KEGERATOR. The fan I have now sits on top of the keg and blows onto the cooling plate in the back of the kegerator. Within one day of putting the fan in my full keg went from nearly 55 deg F to about 38deg (THIS is the optimum temperature for most beers).

Anyways, there are other small modifications you can read about elsewhere but this kegerator performs SO well now. You won't get away without educating yourself on temperature and appropriate CO2 pressures. This kegerator DOES have some of the nice features of more expensive kegerators including: dual CO2 regulator (critical for a good kegerator), insulated cooling tower (while the tower is not actively cooled, it is at least insulted which is not common for kegerators of this price).

Great purchase. If you write response questions I will answer. It really doesn't take much to get this kegerator working really well.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 16, 2013
First, the item arrived a day earlier than expected which was great. The packaging is solid as it's double boxed and wrapped in a protective layer of Styrofoam so it arrived without any damage.

Secondly, as for some of the reviews noting that it pours nothing but foam, well this is true. But it is easily fixed. Get the notion out of your head that you just plug this in, put in a keg and enjoy beer. It's not that easy. I did a fair amount of research and will be happy to share it with you.

You simply must buy a fan for the keggerator or it will never get to an optimal temp to pour beer. For the first day, it never got below 41 degrees and I got nothing but foam; probably went through 3 gallons of frustration. After reading a couple other reviews, I installed a computer fan. I paid maybe an extra $25 for a computer fan and 12 volt adapter. The fan comes with a 4 prong modex plug and you can find an adapter easy on Amazon that has a modex connection. Just place the fan on top of the keg blowing towards the back. Within about three hours I had the temp down to 35 degrees (it's best to serve between 30-35 degrees) and the beer poured like a sweet nectar. Now I'm at 33.5 degrees. Just get a digital meat thermometer and place it in a glass of water inside the front door.

Also, you have to play with the pressure adjustment quite a bit. Most websites say between 8-12 psi but I've found, with the beer I bought, that about 5 psi works best.

Bottom line: have some patience and buy the fan. Only because I had to do the modifications did I give this four stars instead of five. If you have any questions, leave a comment and I will respond.

Happy drinking!
review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 28, 2011
For the price, this is a great buy. I've read mixed reviews, but had no trouble with mine. The beer is staying the right temperature, the Co2 is tricky to figure out, but would be on any keggerator I think. Very happy with this!
on January 12, 2013
I bought this for my husband for Christmas and we're very pleased with it. It arrived in a timely manner as everything else we've ordered from Amazon and was packaged well. I was concerned since this was a high dollar item. It was easy to assemble and we had it up and running in no time. The CO2 tank needs to be filled before using but we got it filled for a couple bucks at a welding supply place. You have to tinker around with the CO2 settings to get the right pressure but we soon had cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the comfort of our home. Definitely recommend this for any beer lover out there. This baby will hopefully bring us lots of enjoyment for years to come!
on October 31, 2012
The Keggermeister was quite badly damaged on its way to Iceland. However I was able to mend this and
all the mechanics worked fine. The damage was caused by bad stowing, despite coming very well packed indeed.
No fault of the supplier.

There is a substantial collection of spare washers, screws etc. It is very rare to get this sort of service. These are all extras and I shall store them safely
just in case. Regarding the instructions, they are simple but very clear indeed.

This is a cool storage device for kegs. Get you kegs ready cooled, they will take quite a few days to cool down in the fridge.
All the parts seem well made, and including racks and conversion materials to make it into a fridge is a nice plus feature.
I was able to buy an inexpensive voltage converter and fix it to the back to convert to European 220v. It might be a good idea to supply these for european customers.
Yes it is made in China, like most things. It is nicely made and very good value.
Looking forward to using it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 21, 2011
I have replaced some of the components already. The beer line setup is terrible. How am I supposed to replace? Beer lines get nasty and can only be cleaned so many times. Now that I have fiddled with it and invested some more money to upgrade a few things it is a little better. Still need to mess with it some more to make it be as convenient as I wanted it to be when I bought it. I hate feeling ripped off, but I should have known better than to order a product like this online with out checking out what was available locally. Truth be told people all you need is a small fridge and about $200 for a CO2 tank and some keg hardware. Do some research build your own and I believe you will end up with something of much better quality and save over $100, easily.
on August 17, 2011
I guess I should have known this unit would be made in China, thus the reason it seemed so reasonably priced. I bought this unit from another source so Amazon is not reflected in this review at all. The unit had minor damage from its long journey. The instruction booklet is a joke. You get a bag of small rubber washers and parts of various sizes with no cross reference to where they go. If they told you thickness and diameter of the washers relating to where they go it would have helped. The Co2 line is very small diameter and possibly inadequate. The biggest problem is unit will not get beer colder than 45 degrees at best with the thermostat maxed out. I won't go into the support or lack thereof since Amazon was not involved in this transaction. My advise, look at another unit or do your own conversion making sure to get a thermostat that will get beer cold.
on July 7, 2012
My wife purchased this unit for my birthday. Once it got delivered setup took less than 30 minutes. All the lines comes with seals pre-installed, just need to verify that they are installed. Unit was packaged really well, there were zero knicks or dents in it. Once we got a keg in it it took awhile to mess around with the regulator till we had no foam. I suggest having it set to no more than 10 psi, anything over that you will start running into foam issues. Have been using it for over a week now and love it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 9, 2013
I am very disappointed with the keggermeister 2800...I cannot get the pressure gauge to stay at the proper setting....I am getting nothing but foam whenever I pour,i have wasted 2 quarter kegs of beer trying to draw beer,but all I keep getting is foam..this is very disappointing having spent almost 500.00 dollars and cannot get a single glass of beer.