5.0 out of 5 stars Where have all the deals gone?
Published on July 18, 2012 by Todd M.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as fresh dated as I get at the Stores and made in Mexico
Published on September 13, 2012 by Jim Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have all the deals gone?, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal, 20-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 3) (Grocery)
It's not the 7 buck deal I got in March 2012 (paid 7.01) and at over 13 bucks now it's actually much cheaper in the stores. I purchased the 20oz. pack of 3 so that was about 2.34 a box and close to what I was paying in stores so I went for the free shipping and bought two. I'm in a rural area and it's a long trip to the store so we go about once a month and having this deal meant I didn't have to check several stores to find the best price. However, over 4 bucks a box is no deal. I gave this 5 stars because I liked the Raisin Bran; I could not see where it was made so no complaints about Mexico, the use by dates are mid-2013; the price was right and I was a happy camper. I would not purchase this again at this 13+ price for any reasons that I can possibly fathom but would buy several if it drops back to what I orginally paid. As a side note, check prices carefully in the food stores because I find that the larger boxes are often more per ounce than the smaller boxes and at one store the store brand in a bag was more per ounce than the Kellogg's.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as fresh dated as I get at the Stores and made in Mexico, September 13, 2012
I just received 3 Boxes of Kellogs Rasin Bran as a Subscribe and Save purchase. I like to check the "Use By Date" at the stores because it may sit awhile in our pantry before we use it. I bought Kellogs Rasin Bran at Sam's Club last week, and it has a date for June 2013. The boxes I just got from Amazon are dated for February 2013, so I will have to use them up first. It is mid-Sept 2012 now, so there is still time to use the 3 boxes. But dissapointed that they are closer dated than at the stores here. Also, the Box from Sam's shows Battle Creek, Michigan - and these from Amazon show being from Mexico. Based on this and other reviews here mentioning Kellog's ingredients being altered, I think I will change to another brand and cancel my Subscribe and Save.

2.0 out of 5 stars Product Crushed, October 13, 2012
The cereal in at least one of the three boxes was almost powder. Excessive force had been applied although the box was not creased. Who knows what happened.

1.0 out of 5 stars not fresh.. bad taste, September 15, 2012
Taste not the original one.

Flakes werent crispy.

Bad taste.

Best before "Feb 2013" .. ? implies that it is an old product.

Not happy.. returning it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable ingredients, September 8, 2012
debra cohen (wethersfield, ct, US) - See all my reviews
I will no longer consider buying product from Kelloggs for the following reason:
Kelloggs continues to include GMO (genetically modified organism) ingredients in their products but refuses to include that information on their product labels. There are no long term studied to prove that GMOs are safe for either human or animal consumption. Kelloggs/ position is that GMOs are deemed safe by the FDA so they are not required to be identified to consumers. However, Michael Taylor, head of the FDA, is a former attorney for Monsanto, the chemical company responsible for the development and wide spread use of GMOs in the American food supply, illustrating a conflict of interest that prevents the FDA from acting responsibly. It's interesting to note that 50 other countries around the world have banned GMOs from their food supply all together but consumers here in the United States do not even have the right to be informed when GMOs are present in the products we buy. Kelloggs is an unacceptable choice as long as they refuse to fully disclose the true nature of their ingredients to consumers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains GMOs! We say NO!, September 11, 2012
Kellogg's Raisin Bran contains unlabeled genetically modified ingredients and Kellogg doesn't want you to know this. They contributed $632,500 to a propaganda campaign in California to try to trick people into voting against Prop. 37, which would require that genetically engineered foods be labeled. Raisin Bran contains GMO Bt corn and GMO sugar derived from GMO sugar beet. Both were developed and patented by chemical companies. GMO Bt corn is an EPA registered pesticide. It has been genetically engineered by forcing a foreign gene that makes its own pesticide into the plant DNA. Every cell of this plant is a pesticide factory. When corn worms bite into it, their stomachs explode. Both the sugar and the corn have foreign genes for herbicide resistance forced into their DNA. The plants are made to resist high levels of RoundUp. The active chemical ingredient in RoundUp, a chemical called glyphosate, has been linked to birth defects, inflammatory bowel disease, cancer and more. These GMOs have been snuck into our food supply without telling us. 50 countries around the world require that GMOs be labeled (including all of Europe, China, Russia, Japan, Australia, Brazil and India). In the US there is currently NO labeling law. The FDA does NOT require long term, peer reviewed studies to determine if GMOs are really safe. They let the chemical companies that patent these "foods" decide. How can this be when the FDA is there to protect us? WRONG. Just google Michael Taylor, Food Safety Czar and you'll see that he's setting food policy. When it suits him, he uses the revolving door to go back and forth between the FDA and the largest chemical company that is patenting and trying to monopolize our food supply. Should people be eating this stuff? I wouldn't feed it to my pets. My family is boycotting ALL Kellogg's products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastey and slightly healthy too., April 19, 2012
Tim (Central Coast California) - See all my reviews
I wouldn't go so far to say this cereal is bad for you, but with the amount of added sugar it isn't great. I suppose that is the only way you can make bran appealing to the masses though. Bran is the nutritious cardboard part of a wheat grain. I personally would like to see them reduce the added sugar and add more raisins for a natural sweetness. As far a a amazon rating though it is, in my opinion, a good (not great) tasting cereal and has a good bit or fiber and protein. Also it's price is great for to the door delivery and you don't have to wait for it to go on sale at your local grocery store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't love raisin bran?, January 3, 2014
I grew up eating Kellogg's Raisin Bran, so when it came up as a subscribe & save deal which is cheaper than I could get at supermarket when on sale + any coupon's it was a no brainer. Delivered quick, product was as expected, bran is healthy, but wish it had less sugar per serving. That's fine though, eat it in the morning, burn it off during the day, run it off at the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Greeeeaaaattt, August 28, 2013
Post has nothing on Kellogg's. It came packed well and was a great buy with the coupon. The coupon is the only way it seems to beat the box stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cereal, August 6, 2013
I like the Baisin Bran Cereal. Good value, well packaged. It's not very sweet with a lot of raisins in it. It is good to eat cereal for breakfast.