5.0 out of 5 stars USE YOUR OWN BODY WEIGHT, December 25, 2009
Mini Marshmallow (Bergen County, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30-Minutes to Fitness Body Training DVD
Thirty (30) minutes to fitness series is an excellent choice for those who are in a time crunch and need timesaver exercise DVDs. All you need is your own body weight! It's a good value for what's offered in the menu-included are two workouts, standing and floor and a pre-mix. I would recommend this for the intermediate level because of some of the exercises can be complicated, such as some of the planks and push-ups.

The "standing section" includes squats,lunges, leg lifts; lots of sets and pulses. Modifications are always available. The pace not too fast and transitions are excellent.

The "floor/pilates section" is upper body and strength focused beginning with different styles of push-ups, which I enjoyed. This is also part of the 16 minute pre-mix focusing on strength, abs, and stretch. My favorite move is the push-up with single leg extension. A challenging move was the plank to push-up/downward dog. Be mindful of keeping your middle tight and firm in this move. Watch your lower back.

I'm not too fond of Kelly's strong Jersey accent (?), but she's very creative and fun. I always look for her DVDs as she has wide range to offer. I really enjoys this series more than her other many DVDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, quick, great for traveling, July 23, 2012
Eskimite (Ann Arbor, Michigan) - See all my reviews
Really nice workouts. Quick, but get the muscles working and sweat flowing. Convenient to take along when traveling or to do when you don't want distractions from weights/equipment.

Rate and Discover Movies