5.0 out of 5 stars Sizes
Just wanted to leave a note on the dimensions of the bags.

Small = 6" x 12"

Medium = 8" x 15"

large = 10" x 18"

X-large = 11" x 22"
Published on June 6, 2012 by Stimpy

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I purchased two sleeping bags and these stuff sacks for a recent outing. I had always thought of Kelty as a decent brand but was very disappointed by these stuff sacks. Both of them failed on the first outing.

Published on January 30, 2011 by Seewolf

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizes, June 6, 2012
Just wanted to leave a note on the dimensions of the bags.

Small = 6" x 12"

Medium = 8" x 15"

large = 10" x 18"

X-large = 11" x 22"

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 30, 2011
Seewolf (Caledonia, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kelty Compression Stuff Sack (Sports)

The first stuff had what I would consider a catastrophic failure. While tightening down the straps to compress my sleeping bag, one of the straps ripped completely out of the top of the bag. The other three held but made for a very awkward packing experience.

The second had a minor failure. The plastic clip that holds the line used to close the top of the bag would not hold the cord. This isn't a big problem as these clips seem to fail pretty regularly but I am returning this one too since I don't anticipate it will hold up for the purpose I bought it.

I am giving this two stars instead of one because I think it could be useful for the right purpose and is a good price here. If you need a stuff sack to use with just a little compression, this would probably work out OK for you. If you have a large sleeping back that you really need to squeeze down, I would suggest you look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and durable., August 16, 2010
This review is from: Kelty Compression Stuff Sack (Sports)
This stuff sack from Kelty is well made and durable. It packs pretty small. I haven't had a problem with the straps breaking or anything yet. The material doesn't feel too thin. It does feels real strong. I have a Sierra Designs Verde 20 in long length and I was able to stuff it in with no problem. It stuffs well and I could probably have cinched it down pretty tight but didn't wanna run the risk of breaking the straps. I like to stuff the bag small but not really that tight. When I pack it tight I tend to have air pockets in my bag. Those air pockets mean unused space in the bottom of your bag. When it is stuffed somewhat loosely it is easier to work in your bag as it can mold to any shape rather than having this tight stuffed sack that is hard as a rock. Overall I like the sack so far. It is more affordable than others. Might not be the lightest by a few ounces but it does the job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, May 14, 2012
I bought a couple of these for my wife and I. We had recently purchased the Kelty Cosmic 35 Synthetic, which is a nice light bag, but comes in a non-compression sack and I needed smaller. I purchased the SMALL size, and I wasn't sure it would fit my bag, but it did! And the size when compressed down was pretty amazing! Yes, the bag is nice and wrinkly when you take it out, but that is a price I am willing to pay for the size. The sacks themselves seem fairly well made, and the design is pretty easy to use. So far I am very happy with these bags! One note to other reviewers who say the bag rips: If you just yank on the straps, OF COURSE THEY WILL BREAK! You compress the bag, THEN cinch up the straps. The straps just HOLD the compression, they don't CREATE IT! I thought that was common sense--I guess not...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great But small problem, February 3, 2011
I got this for 16 weeks of field work with living ranging from tents to camper trailers. I love the storage and compression my only complaint would be that one of the clips for the compression straps stopped working (actually locking against the strap to hold the compression on that side) about half way through. It simply have been that the sack was used and in constant use for almost 4 months. Note it is not water proof but darn close as long as you are not talking about submerging it in a river lake or large puddle, I would not take this one on the water with anything that would be destroyed etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compression sacks! I bought one of each size., August 30, 2011
I originally bought a compression sack from a large outdoors store before finding this product line on amazon for much less. I decided to buy one of these as well and after comparing both, returned the first one and bought one of each size of the Kelty sacks. I really liked how two of the straps have the quick release buckles, allowing you to get the lid out of the way while packing the sack, then reconnecting to cinch it down.

The green sack is large enough to fit my 30-degree mummy bag. I can leave it loose for storage and not have to worry about compressing the insulation when not in use, and can still cinch it down tight enough so that it takes up much less space in backpack.

The blue sack is perfect for stuffing with clothes for longer camps and likewise cinching it down to fit in the pack. Once we setup camp, I can un-cinch it and pull clothes out as needed.

The smallest orange sack works great for a pillow or sweatshirts, etc. that take up lots of space, but can be compressed to a very small size.

All in all, I've very happy that I found this line of compression sacks from Kelty. I have a full set and imagine I'll be buying another set in a couple of years, not for myself, but for my son to use in his own pack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality stuff sack, April 12, 2013
A stuff sack is always handy to have. I bought the medium size and now I want all of the sizes. I use this sack for my summer time sleeping bag. It really compresses the sleeping bag down to the size of about a bowling ball. The material it is made out of seems to hold up quite well to stress and I don't see it ripping or tearing anytime soon. If it is not in use it packs up into itself by the use of the straps and clips which is a very handy mechanism while not in use. I would buy as many as you need as they do come in handy. Although they are expensive it I would at least have one as they do come in handy to pack clothes, tools, or anything you need to compress or just hold and clip onto your pack.

Pros
-Great function
-Quality
-Known brand

Cons
-Pricey

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff sack!, July 18, 2011
This sack is well-constructed and compresses nicely. I use it for my down sleeping bag, it compresses it down to the size of a large yam. The color on the ends is rather yam-color as well, not bad. I've also used it for compressing t-shirts and socks etc. and it works well for that too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing difficult, February 14, 2011
Do not go off of the size chart listed on the manufacturer's website. Always get one size bigger. I have a REI ZEN sleeping bag (long version) and even though I measured and purchased a compression sack that was listed to fit it, it would not. I had to go one larger. Other than that it worked flawlessly for a 3 day backpacking trip. Before the compression sack my sleeping back took up nearly all the space in my internal frame pack. With the compression sack I was able to fit all my gear inside my pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 5, 2013
It's a Kelty compression sack... what more needs to be said -- well made, good value from a company that stands behind it's products.

If it's the size you need, you can't beat it.

Kelty Compression Stuff Sack