Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 22, 2011
I bought the large size duffel to stick in my carry on luggage -about the size of a football when compacted down- and I will check it on my way back. I am planning on buying a ton of stuff on my trip to Latin America.

Large is 61 cubic inches and will be able to check up to 62 cubic inches so that will work fine for me.

To give you an idea of how large this bag is, I tested it out by putting my wife's roll on carry on in this duffel and that was after dumping the contents into this bag. Her luggage was not that full and the duffel was just barely able to take it, but it did. Her bag Dimensions: L20" x W14" x H9"

Anyway the duffel demsions are:
Volume: 5800 in3 / 95.1 L
Weight: 1 lb 9 oz / 0.7 kg
Length: 30 in / 76 cm
Width: 18 in / 46 cm
Depth: 13 in / 33 cm

And I am impressed.

Mike
on April 8, 2011
This is a perfect simple duffle bag. Nothing fancy. The one zippered pocket it front is pretty small. I ordered the large, which is super roomy. The only complaint I might have is that it is pretty flimsy. No flat support on the bottom. The shoulder strap is nice and padded if the bag gets real heavy.
on September 29, 2014
This is a great value for a duffel bag. The material isn't as strong as say, a cordura nylon suitcase, but it is heavier than most cheap duffels. I would say it is medium grade, strong enough for occasional use with heavy loads, or lots of use with medium loads. It doesn't have a rigid bottom, but it IS a duffel bag, NOT a suitcase or backpack. I didn't really care about the pockets, I bought this for one specific purpose. I have a giant 3-man towable ski-tube. Even with all the air sucked out it is big, bulky, and difficult to handle. After folding and rolling it I can just fit it and it's accessories into this bag. The overall construction is good, including the double-stitched zipper. There is one feature that isn't mentioned but is a wonderful addition. Normally when I have to zip something big, bulky, loose, and heavy into a duffel, I need someone to hold the zippered edges close together until I can get the zipper all the way across. This bag has two quick-release straps built right in! If you look closely at the picture, you can see where the handles are stitched to the bag. Where the handle falls away from the bag there is a gray strap that continues over the top of the bag. Those are not decorations, they are the two quick release straps. So I drop my rolled up ski-tube on top, pull across the first strap and snap it together, same for the second strap. Then pull the loose ends to tighten the straps. Now the zipper is easy, and it zip towards the middle from both ends. After being zipped the straps continue to hold some of the load, so I have no doubt the zippers will last longer. I don't know why anyone would try to use this as a suitcase, but if you need a giant duffel for your canvas tent (yes, some people still use those), ski-tubes, or commercial load of laundry, this is the bag to get.
on November 22, 2013
Good strong material. Flexible bottom and sides so keep that in mind that the bottom is not stiff like some. Got the XXL and it is huge! I fit tons of clothes in it, sleeping bag, inflatable bedroll, king size pillow, magazines, shoes, and some other small gear with room to spare. Zippers well made and seem durable. Nice zippered front pocket as well. Compression straps are good and the shoulder and hand straps are also nice.
on March 13, 2014
This duffel bag (medium) can hold so much stuff! I can fit my 25in diving fins, my bc and most of my diving equipment in here. When I don't have it full, it gets really tiny. The clips across are really useful to tie down the shoulder strap if I'm checking the bag. And, the side handles make it easy to yoink this puppy out of the overhead. I like that the bag isn't rigid, so that it compresses or expands to the shape and size I need.
on July 6, 2012
This well made duffel served as my checked bag on my honeymoon. The compression straps kept everything in place, and the shoulder strap made for easier carrying. I've bought kelty products for years, they are well made, and hold up great.
on December 10, 2013
Gift for upcoming Holiday, so hasn't been used yet. But it looks very nice and well made. Like another reviewer said, the Graphite is solid graphite colored. Not like either color in the picture, but that is great, because that is what I wanted, instead of a two tone with purple. I am very pleased with the purchase....it will make a great gift.
on March 1, 2013
This bag is durable and made extremely well. It is a soft bottom bag, which seems to be an issue to some people but works just fine for us (might have to do with what you are using it for). This bag is massive! My family of 4 (two young kids) can shove all of our ski clothes and helmets into this bag with room to spare. We're planning on using it for camping in the summer too, I can't wait to see how much camping gear it will hold! I will update when we get there. :) Again, this review is for the XL size.
on January 14, 2014
i purchased this large duffle for a christmas gift for my husband. i found it to be a perfect size.. not too large and not too small. being a kelty brand i knew it would be a good quallity item and it is..also it came in a variety of colors thanks amazon
on July 30, 2012
In retrospect, I probably would have gotten a medium. The large bag is large enough for me to lay all of my hanging clothes in the bottom without having to fold them. The shoulder strap is very comfortable and the adjustable straps keep everything secure. Worth the money!

See 1 answered question