5.0 out of 5 stars Kenmore Sewing Machine
Published on September 12, 2012 by Patricia Osborn

1.0 out of 5 stars quality lacking
After a couple of hours sewing it began to have problems with the thread, to lose its stitch regularity, and made a noise like a combine that's swallowed a bolt. Looking into it and removing tangled thread didn't help it at all. It did it again.
This one shouldn't have gotten out of the factory.
Published on February 3, 2013 by CJ Cherryh

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenmore Sewing Machine, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine (Office Product)
I am extremely pleased with this machine. I have sewn some fairly difficult and unusual items since I received the machine to the mundane and enjoyed every minute of it. The machine is incredibly easy to thread. I have used a straight stitch and a zig zag stitch and discovered I can do more than I would ever have even attempted 20 years ago. Apparently with age I have gained patience and the machine and I get along extraordinarily well. I would recommend this machine as a wedding, high school graduation or college gift. It is serving me very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenmore is tough to beat, November 6, 2012
Jozie "JozieLee" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine (Office Product)
When I got married bought my first Kenmore sewing machine for making cafe curtains. It was streamline, light weight, portable, easy to use almost anywhere. I'd set it up on the kitchen table, TV tray and even on the floor. Took me through curtains, drapes, Halloween costumes, maturnity clothes, baby/toddler clothes, table clothes, outdoor furniture cushions. Decades later, though the machine was still working, I decided it was time to replace my old machine with a new one. Again I bought Kenmore.

What I LOVE about this 19106 model Kenmore - It's very easy to feed and thread the bobbin, string the machine and adjust the stitches. Although it's slightly larger than my former sewing machine, it's lighter in weight.

What would I change: (1) The drawer slides out, instead of lifts up. Extra bobbins, foots, seam rippers are always falling out before I can catch them. A minor annoyance. (2) While I like the carrying handle, I'd prefer a carrying case. Right now I store the machine in the original cardboard box which is bulky and will eventually deteriorate. I'll probably buy a case but that'll add to the overall price of the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best sewitng machines that can travel continents !!!, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine (Office Product)
This machine is identical to a Janome - This machine I have found can serve two purposes:
1) an inexpensive day-to-day home use machine:
- Very rugged and robust engineering
- no noise or sound - runs very smoothly
- can sail sew easily eight folds of denim together without any difficulty
2) This machine is very good for travel across continents

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine (Office Product)
This is my 3rd Kenmore in 50 years. I've had a Brother and a Singer, but the Kenmore has always been more powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenmore sewing machine is very durable, May 31, 2014
Length:: 4:51 Mins

Kenmore sewing machine is very durable and I have had them for over 10 years. Does its job very well! I definitely recommend these machines for any type of sewing needs!

4.0 out of 5 stars gift for mom, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine (Office Product)
it works fine, and shipping arrived on the exact estimated date. My mom had to replace her old sewing machine because the old machine's foot pedal broke. I'd say the only real downside to this machine is the short wall plug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy on a great machine!!!!, November 1, 2014
This review is from: Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine (Office Product)
Christmas gift for my wife. She loves it. She has used all sorts of machies, from $100-$7500. This one is great for beginners or seasoned pros. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenmore 19106, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine (Office Product)
This kenmore sewing is a great cheap starters sewing machine for young girls and even experts to have around the house for the smaller sewing jobs overal its a great deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 9, 2014
This review is from: Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine (Office Product)
Exactly the size I needed to attend classes.

1.0 out of 5 stars quality lacking, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine (Office Product)
This one shouldn't have gotten out of the factory.

Kenmore 19106 Sewing Machine