Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kenmore HEPA Filter for Canisters KENMORE part #86880
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on June 20, 2010
The two hepa filter cartridges came in a heavy plastic ziplock pouch. They fit into my vacuum cleaner and I tested it by vacuuming the carpet. The filters work fine. Measurements are 4.25" x 2.75" and .75" thick. Prompt shipping and great price from More Quality Less Money.
on January 8, 2015
Filters as described and a good fit. To clarify confusion between the quantity and filter types: If you order the 1-filter pack (green bag) you get the single filter with the charcoal screen. Otherwise, the 2-filter pack (blue bag) has two standard filters - like the one that came with the vacuum. I bought the two pack for 7 bucks. The posted dimensions (4 1/4" x 2 13/16" x 7/8") are accurate and was a good fit in my Kenmore canister vacuum. The filters have a rubberized foam padding on the bottom frame (like the original) to provide a good seal / suction. I ordered mine from "B & M Housewares" (NY) and got the filters in two days (I'm in MA). Super fast shipping.
on July 26, 2010
This is the correct replacement item for the Kenmore canister external HEPA filter (#86880).
It is an exact replacement and the price and delivery from MWCLASS was excellent. I got two filters for the price I would have paid for a single replacement from the local Sears service center and they were shipped no charge via 1st class mail to my door. I expect the filter to perform as well as the original. Great job Amazon & NWCLASS.
on October 19, 2010
Purchased the product from S**rs for the 3 times the price! When I saw this on online, ordered it, when it arrived I compared with the S**rs version - identical. Returned it as I hadn't opened it yet a happy man. This is the one you want. The OEM version I had was a foam block also (older kenmore hepa) this is the manufacture substitution and frankly has better construction and fits just as well.
on March 26, 2016
Short of performing a laboratory test, I can only say that this product appears to do what they say it will do because this filter is fairly dirty after about 6 months or so. I have not had any problems and would buy this product again.
on June 29, 2013
Before I ordered I read all the reviews. The first one listed states that 2 filters arrived. From reading the info on this product, I could not tell for sure whether it was 2 items or ONE. Having read the reviews, I came to the conclusion that it was 2 filters per package for the money. I received only ONE filter per package. I thought I would be getting SIX filters total, but only 3 were sent. I take responsibility for the mix up... this time. Product fits the vacuum correctly. Still a much better bargain than buying them from the original mfg. of the vac.

Hopefully, the seller will make the description clearer in the future.

Happy with quick delivery.
on July 26, 2015
In the process of ordering regular bags for my Kenmore vacuum, I checked the HEPA filter. Naturally I hadn't replaced it in some time and needed a new one. This filter is a perfect fit replacement at a reasonable price, plus no shipping (thank you Amazon Prime). The quality seems just fine.
on November 17, 2012
Even if you have pets, this filter will not get gummed up after a full year's use. They do help reduce the dander and other bad stuff exiting the exhaust of the vacuum but it's not 100% "clean air". I used to think that HEPA meant the air coming out the back of the vacuum would be like "purified air" but that's not the case. Like a good furnace filter it just catches more of the bad stuff; enough that you'll notice a difference.

The main thing is to change your bag (maybe use HEPA bags too) often enough that you don't have to worry about the filter. They say you should change it once I year I believe, and that's probably reasonable if you've got a couple pets. For those without, I wager these things easily last 18 months unless you live in a really dusty home / very high pollen / mold count type area.
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2016
Finally I found the exact filter I needed for my Kenmore canister. It's great except like with my search for the vacuum bags, I spent way too much time figuring out which filter to get. Then there was this weird sticker on the package that said: "This is a set. Do not separate." What did that mean??
Oh well, very good filters.
on February 21, 2013
I write practical reviews with the facts and no window dressing!

I have had a Sears Kenmore Canister Vacuum for years. I use to go to Sears to for replacement filters & bags. For years, I have been spending money hand over fist and discovered that the product here is as good if not better than the HEPA filter offered at Sears at a fraction of the price.

Highly recommend product and the price is fabulous!