Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD

on February 27, 2005
I bought this humidifier because it was the only large capacity humidifier I could find that doesn't require handling water tanks to fill. This model has the "bucket fill" feature where you open the top panel and pour water in. It is on sturdy wheels and easy to move around. There are 3 speeds and a dial to set the level of humidity (but not a humidistat to tell you what the current humidity is, which would have been useful). There is a float mechanism connected to a guage in the lid that is supposed to tell you water level, however it's flimsy plastic and mine keeps getting caught so it doesn't read accurately unless I open the lid and tap loose the float (at which point I can see how high the water is since it's just poured into the bottom of the machine). For the money I'm disappointed in the poor quality of workmanship; however I'm relieved to have a large humidifier I can fill with a hose (my own hose, one isn't supplied) and not have to hoist heavy water tanks.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2009
I bought this humidifier for my daughter after going through at least four other brands (Honeywell, Holmes, etc) that failed for one reason or another. I bought this humidifier over three years ago from sears and I have yet to have a problem with it. My daughter loves and uses it consistently, she suffers from allergies and this keeps her room cool and helps her sleep peacefully throughout the night.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse