Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

This riveting account of the horrific assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy is adapted from Bill O'Reilly's bestselling "Killing Kennedy." This fascinating, illustrated edition is designed for age 10 and over. The author chronicles a valuable, historical narrative of the tragedy that not only changed my generation, but the entire nation. Bill O'Reilly presents information on the shocking events leading to the assassination, the political crisis JFK was facing, and life of JFK and his family in the public eye. In addition, the author describes an angry drifter, known as Lee Harvey Oswald, who was taken into police custody while accused of the most notorious crime of the twentieth century. The prime suspect escapes, is captured, then shot dead, and I remember quite well watching the TV with my dad as Oswald fell to the ground. This horrifying event repeated itself on the News, as much as the chaos of the scene of JFK in the car, after the shooting. One of the worst memories planted in my mind was JFK's funeral, with his wife and two very young helpless children as they stood in silence, while the entire country mourned. One of my best memories of when JFK took office was looking forward to his brother visiting my school, and always viewing the passion JFK had for his children. Bill O'Reilly describes in detail a gripping, thrilling story of a day that marked history as it shed darkness into the world. In conclusion, he also highlights a brave leader, a hero, and a President who wanted to make the world a better place to live in. My dad never forgot Pearl Harbor, my daughters will never forget 9/11 and I remember November 22, 1963, as if it were yesterday. Despite all conspiracy theories, questions unanswered about Oswald's reason for action, or if he acted alone and mysterious findings in the investigations, the answers will never be found. However, the terrifying assassination of JFK and the consequences of this tragedy, along with changes that took place in that era, can never be forgotten. Most important, there is indeed a marked difference in presenting a thrilling historical story that one is an expert on researching, in comparison to living through those uneasy years of sadness, chaos and discontent. Insightful, captivating, and concise. Highly recommended!

--Geraldine Ahearn(Author Geri Ahearn)
2020 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2015
Great book!! I guess I didn't read the details before I ordered it, so I didn't know it was written as a children's version (10 years old and up) of Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Kennedy." I thought about just giving it to my 10 year old stepdaughter without reading it, but decided I'd read it first. It was great!! It was an easy read, of course (phew!), but I learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed it!! NOW, my stepdaughter can have it!! Well done, Mr. O'Reilly!!
on November 9, 2013
This 300 page book is largely photographs and large print text. I am sure that the print could have fit on less than half the pages. However, this did make it a quick and easy read. I read it in an afternoon. I learned a few things I did not know about Kennedy's last days but was hoping for a little more controversy.
on July 28, 2013
This is written for young people, but a senior I enjoyed it very much. Wonderful presentation of the history and the pictures are excellent. O'Reilly's ability to present the story in such an interesting way makes reading history a pleasure.
on August 15, 2015
Very similar to Killing Kennedy in fact a lot of the information word for word appears in both. If you've read Killing Kennedy do bother with this as most of the information is repeated here or vice a versa. Great read if you don't however own that book this one does the job very informal, but overall Killing Kennedy is probably more complete.
on December 13, 2013
This BOOK, was part factual and some was made up. Overall, it was an ok BOOK. The fortunate thing is this book was free. So it wasn't a terrible loss. I really enjoyed killing Lincoln. I have the ability to separate, Bill O Reilly, the person from his writing. IN MY OPINION HE IS AN EXPERT IN WRITING, better than being a talking head. GOOD luck on your writing.
on October 20, 2013
This book is a poor repeat of the book Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot. There is little new information in this sub-par release and in my opinion was released solely for additional revenue for Bill O'Reilly's charities. The photographs are worthless when reading the book on a Kindle. This book was a waste of my time and money.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2016
I am 87 years old and remember lay the events of the death of Kennedy. Not much was known about the details of that event. There were a lot of WHAT IFS and this book answered most of those questions!
on April 5, 2014
Much less than I expected. Not much more than reading a newspaper article. Waste of time. No need to buy.
on November 1, 2013
I gave this to my 9 year old granddaughter for a gift and because this is the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's assassination; she is still reading it, but appears interested and she has taken it to school to read as well. The pictures of all the "characters" involved with explanations of their roles is a big plus for children. There are many pictures which help explain what occurred and to and engage children. Very well written and I think she'll refer to it in the years to come as well.