Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on October 27, 2011
I find, when reviewing scents or sprays, it helps to know a little about the person reviewing to get a better idea whether or not the item may suit you.

I am 23 years old. I trade the stock market during the day, and am a bartender on week nights / weekends. I have an active social life, no wife or children, and own between 15 - 20 colognes. What I personally look for in a scent is a strong, manly, yet sweet smell that gets the ladies attention. What I really hate in a scent is it being overly "tangy" or too citrusy/bitter. An example of a cologne I LOVE would be Ambercrombie: Fierce. An example of a cologne I dislike would be "Usher".

I first smelled this at the mall, didnt buy it, could smell it on my hands later that day, and decided I MUST have it. This cologne can easily be found in almost any department so I doubt anyone will have issues of buying without knowing what to expect. My opinion of a perfect cologne is 40% "sweet", 50% "manly", 10% "bitter". I believe this cologne here comes as close to that ratio as any Ive ever smelled. It has a nice "cool" aspect that women typically enjoy without being too "sweet" or feminine. That man-ness is definitely there and theres a very slight alcohol singe that adds that little bit of bitterness I mentioned. Truly an almost perfect balance of scents. I would say the age range on this is very wide and almost anyone can wear. The duration is about average lasting from 4-7 hours. A little on the pricey side in stores, so buying online is definitely the way to go.
55 comments182 of 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
I have always enjoyed this fragrance. I was very happy to see the price at amazon. It usually runs me 20-25 $ more at local departmental stores. I was very confused about ordering because whenever i read reviews of fragrances there always are some ppl claiming that they got fake ones. I got mine from amazon, not from a merchant and it is genuine. I am very pleased with this purchase.
on April 19, 2013
I'm absolutely in love with this scent. It goes really well with leather bags and black/dark clothing. Why do i say that? because I choose my cologne depending on what I'm wearing for the day and the weather. If I'm wearing dark clothing then this is a cologne I would use along with the likes of Armani Code, YSL and CKbe. Hopefully that gives you an idea of what I mean.

Black always stands out with the ladies and I'm always catching people getting a bit too close for comfort to just get another quick sniff.

THIS IS HOW A MODERN DAY MAN SHOULD SMELL.
on February 17, 2008
This one is my personal favorite. I use this cologne to work some times and I always get compliments on how good it smells. Girls really love the scent and I would highly recommend this cologne for first dates or romantic evenings with that special someone.
0Comment31 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2007
If you often dress-up for going out or work (I often need to dress nice for my work/entertainment) this gives you that trendy but cool smell.

I dont think you can wear this fragrance for the walk at the beach or casual sundays, though (without being weird)
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2011
I have enjoyed this cologne (Kenneth Cole BLACK) for about 5 years. I rank K.C. BLACK just a very small fraction below my 2 other personal faves [Romeo Gigli Man, and Romeo Gigli] (the original green one with the unique wire coiled neck, and maroon ball atop). With these 3 in your arsenal (in my opinion)you cannot go wrong! You want to smell sexy, strong, and masculine (not being a stereotype Brute, Aqua Velva, Old Spice wearing stereotype? The three I have just listed really leave a "YOU" statement that stands upright as a classic unique gent when meeting, greeting, and leaving a statement amongst others. Buy it! You wont regret it!
0Comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2007
It's a very pleasant smell. Good for daily use. Probably not worth picking up if you're looking for a very distinct fragrance though I find some of those "distinct" fragrances repulsive.
VINE VOICEon July 18, 2007
Not my favorite cologne. This definately has a strong spicy masculine smell. Some men may prefer it. I really wouldn't say an appropriate work cologne. Better for romance . Although like I said it has a strong smell. Very distinctive and outdoorsey. What i did notice is that after a few hours the scent becomes softer and more pleasant. I would not recommend this cologne unless you prefer the spicy scents.
0Comment34 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2007
I am very pleased with the cologne for my husband. It smells wonderful on him. I am also happy with the price that you all sold it for. Thank you.
Whispering Eagle Casteel
on January 1, 2012
Has a very clean scent. Lasts reasonably long. Good for all occasions and would not be likely to offend anyone. A solid scent to go along with my mainstays of Chrome, Chrome Legend, Touch.