4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but a little different from the picture
Published on October 15, 2010 by Eric Chen

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made
Published on June 23, 2011 by NK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but a little different from the picture, October 15, 2010
This review is from: Kenneth Cole New York Men's KC1568 "Iconic" Chronograph Black Leather Strap Dress Watch (Watch)
The watch is pretty much as pictured, but the face of the watch is more beige (or off-white) than the white shown in the picture. The chronograph is a little less useful than you might first imagine, because it can be hard to make out the minutes elapsed. Overall, though, the watch looks great, keeps time, and is subtle. The Amazon price was great -- much cheaper than retail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, March 17, 2011
Be warned, this watch has a large face, perhaps suited best to those with large wrists and/or people looking for an eye-catching piece. While the large, glimmering white face with polished steel features make this watch somewhat ostentatious, the simple, black, early 1960s-style numbers and markers provide a more subtle, classy, vintage feel. Although I would call this more of a dress watch, the leather strap and black characters make it more versatile than your average shiny metal link watch. It fits well with a suit, but can also dress up your jeans and t-shirt without looking out of place. The function of the chronograph is simple, reliable and quite useful. One dial for minutes, one dial for seconds, and a third as a 24 hour clock. The ticking is not too loud for my liking. The strap is thick and comfortable with an appealing crease down the middle and a greasy finish.

The only minor gripes I can think of: 1) the watch I received is a bit on the fast side, gaining several seconds per week. Might have just been my particular watch, who knows. 2) wish that the chronograph allowed for timing greater than one-hour intervals and that the minute dial had markers for every minute rather than every five. 3) the date is a pretty conspicuous omission. Perhaps that is what keeps this watch in the price bracket it is? Perhaps an artistic choice?

Overall, love the purchase, quite frequently receives compliments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 3, 2011
I've always loved the look of the old 1940's Rolex Chronographs and when I saw this little beauty it reminded me of them so I knew I had to have one. I love the oversised (yes it is big) vintage look and it has worked flawlessly. The leather band is also of very high quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great face, terrible Band, August 2, 2013
I bought this watch because I like the size, face display, side buttons, and overall look. Once I received the watch however I hated the band, it made the watch look rather cheap in my opinion. Went out and spent $20 on a nice brown leather band and the watch looks amazing now. Have gotten multiple compliments. I would recommend this watch however just be ready to get it re-banded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, July 15, 2011
I bought this watch because I wanted a nice classic style white face to go with my tux at a wedding. This is a great watch, simple, clean and overall a good feel. Not too thick like some of the new watches that look like a stack of pancakes on your wrist. Unlike some other reviewers I dont notice any overly audible ticking from the second hand, the only complaint I do have is that the second hand on the chrono wont zero out, it sits a little right at the 3 second position. Overall, I think this watch is perfect and for the amount I paid, I couldnt be happier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kenneth Cole style, May 26, 2011
I am extremely pleased with this purchase.
This time piece is aesthetically clean and simple, yet very sophisticated.
You cannot go wrong with this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Gift, January 7, 2011
I got this watch for Christmas and I really like it. The face of the watch is a little large but once you have it on and wear it for a while you get used to it. The strap is decent and it looks like an even more expensive watch. I would recommend this to a friend. I do not wear it everyday because I would ruin it. I only wear it when I dress up which is about once or twice a week. Hopefully this helps!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kenneth Cole New York Men's watch, September 5, 2010
Very stylish, easy to read men's watch. Water resistant, I have had it for more 6 month, I love it. I was asked if this watch was too loud but I don't think it is. It runs pretty quite and light weighted. I would recommend this watch for other too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, September 1, 2010
Joseph (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
This is a sleek contemporary watch with lots of style. I agree with two other reviewers--the only "problem" is no date, and raised metallic hour numerals would make this watch appear far more expensive than it is. Still, it looks like an expensive timepiece, not overdone, just in good taste for business casual or dress. It looks exactly like it does online, so there are no surprises when you open the box--if it appeals to you, I recommend this watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, June 23, 2011
I bought this watch from another vendor for $15 more than Amazon charges. Amazon didn't offer it at the time. It's very attractive, but it didn't work properly. The 24 hour hand was one hour off from the analog time. It could not be reset correctly. The chronograph hands could not be set to zero. I took the watch to a watch repairman to see if I was doing something wrong. He said it was defective. Also it came with a manual which included instructions for all models offered by Cole. However, none of these instruction quite fit this watch. I returned it. I have no way of knowing if this was an atypical event, but I wouldn't chance buying another. I ordered a Bulova from Amazon.

Rate and Discover Movies