Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kenneth Cole New York Men's KC1745 Stainless Steel and Brown Leather Automatic Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 24, 2012
This is my second automatic skeleton watch. The 1st was an impulse buy because I couldn't find anyone willing to change the battery on a watch.
This is a great looking watch, and it seems really accurate. My old automatic gained about 5 minutes a week, and I could live with that. This one might gain 1 minute a week, but it is probably less.
The one slight weakness is that the skeleton design could be better. The way it is cut some of the fast-moving parts are less visible than parts that seem not to move at all. Also, my last skeleton wristwatch (and my current skeleton pocketwatch) was bigger with parts more spaced out, so it was easier to see the movement.
on August 26, 2011
The Kenneth Cole KC1745 is a very attractive skeleton watch that I purchased while the free one day shipping promotion was happening. Out of all the skeleton watches I was looking at on the site, this was the most reasonably sized (40mm). To me, anything larger than 45mm in a watch is not attractive on any wrist (unless you have really, really big wrists). The movement so far is working great. It is a dressier watch that I usually save for special occasions, but it can also be used as a daily beater. And yes, the movement is actually automatic, not quartz as stated. ONLY reason it's not five stars is that the case thickness is a bit too thick for me, but it is not much of a problem.
on January 23, 2012
My boyfriend had been begging me for a skeleton watch all winter long. So I spent a considerable amount of time researching them. This watch by far is the nicest one out there. It has beautiful silver and rose gold moving pieces within the watch, which make it look so elegant. I couldn't be happier with this purchase.
on August 7, 2012
I'm a very frugal guy, but I was so taken by this watch that I bought it at Macy's for $130 without forethought and I don't regret it, not even after finding it for $90 online that very afternoon. It was probably my first major impulse purchase and I take pride in it.

WHAT I REALLY LIKE
Electronic quartz watches are superior to mechanical watches in every way save perhaps longevity, but I thoroughly enjoy the novelty of having a mechanical alternative in this increasingly electronic world of ours. I find its quiet ticking comforting. Everyone I've shown it to has the same response, "wow".

OPERATION
The watch can be run indefinitely if it is worn for eight hours every day, even if the wearer sits in front of a computer all day. If fully wound it will keep ticking for a little more than a day before stopping. It is a little fast, gaining a minute per week.

WHAT I'D CHANGE
If there was one thing I could change I would remove the Kenneth Cole brand name, but I can't call this a fault because most products advertise their respective brand.

WEAR AND TEAR
After nearly two years of daily use it has developed scratches deep enough to feel on the metal casing due to me clumsily slamming it against door frames and the furniture corners and the metal leather holding the receiving strap's metal guiding ring has popped open. This means the metal ring now freely moves up and down the strap as the leather ring does. That section of leather was apparently just shoddily glued together. The strap is still functional, but I'll have to fix it eventually.

FINAL RATING
4.5/5.0
I originally gave this watch a 5 star rating, and though the broken strap has caused me to rethink my rating, I will stick with 5 stars given the watch's appearance and operation up unto this point.
on April 24, 2013
I really like the design of this watch and have received many compliments. The face is thick and feels sturdy and the strap is leather on the inside, and silicone on the outside (giving the appearance of leather). I think this was done to make the strap last longer.

My biggest disappointment with this watch is that the accuracy of the watch went down the tubes after 2 months of accurate time keeping. One day it just stopped randomly, and it doesn't matter if wind the crown or shake it, it hasn't worked right since. It will keep time for 5 - 30 minutes then stop, then start again, then stop, or slow down. I wish it had a battery.

To set the time, you must pull the crown, which is standard for watches. But I get different results each time I pull the crown. Sometimes, it will click when I set the time, and sometimes it does not restart when I push the crown back in. After reading other people's reviews I am starting to question the quality of the parts.

The watch comes with a warranty and I mailed the watch off to be serviced. Shipping fees to mail off the broken watch cost about $20 (including the fee to mail it back). This watch doesn't seem to be a good value for the money.
on November 20, 2011
This a very stylish watch, goes great with brown outfits too if you like brown.. the only thing I Have against it is that the self winding system on it could be more accurate, I always find it being 1 to 2 minutes ahead of the time on my cellphone. It a problem I don't completely mind, but every week or so I find myself readjusting the time on it. For others it maybe too annoying a thing to put up with on a regular basis.
To kenneth cole's credit, their watch manual does say self-winding watches are not as accurate as quartz or digital watches.
on January 15, 2016
This is a great watch. Being able to look inside at the movement is really cool. I read a review that complained about seeing the actual movement but I disagree. The flywheel is clearly visible as is another moving (though small) gear. The band is comfortable. The size is not too big but this is definitely a man's watch. The brown face is not very common for watches which seems strange since it is a nice neutral color. The watch is not thin but that can't be expected for a self-winding watch. Compared to my Swatch, which had an open face as well though no gears were visibly moving, it is very quiet as well. Also, the roman numerals and the white, luminous hands make telling the time easy. Some skeleton watches are so "busy" it is hard to distinguish the hands from the face. Not this watch. The one negative which has been mentioned in other reviews is the accuracy. The watch is running about 2 minutes fast a week. At least I arrive early for things! That doesn't bother me. Let's face it: the reason to get this watch is for fashion. On that level it is a winner, particularly for the price.
on June 11, 2012
My boyfriend has wanting a new brown leather watch, so I have been looking for months for just the right watch. Since he is just a boyfriend and not a husband, I didn't want to spend a fortune. I kept coming back to this watch. Finally I made the decision and don't regret it! It is a nice quality and look for the price. It looks even better in person. Very classy and attractive.
on April 9, 2016
I think the fit and finish of this watch is decent for the price point, my only hang up is the angle at which the band is attached. Almost all of my other watches lay flat on my wrist, but for some reason the posts holding the band are angled down. For a person with large wrists, I've found that this pushing the back of the watch, which has a decent size hump, straight into my wrist and after a few hours of wear it begins to cause irritation.
on January 22, 2013
My wife gave me this watch for Christmas 2012. I had not had an automatic/windable watch since I was a kid. I wanted to get one since my last wrist watch's battery died for the 2nd time and I had the frustration of finding somewhere to get it replaced...plus the watch was getting old and it and the metal band were scratching my wrist.

I saw the skeleton watches when browsing around and thought many were very striking. I wanted numbers on the face (not the 'I' ticks alone) and this one has Roman Numerals which is great (it does seem challenging to find watches with numbers and not just ticks). As other reviewers point out, the '4' is not IV but IIII which I guess is common for watch faces and probably to avoid confusion with V.

Downside of this watch is the band. I do not have huge wrists but the wristband is rather small...I am using the last punch hole for the watch to wear it (it might loosen further as the leather wears with time?) Otherwise the leather is very soft and comfortable and I have no complaint.

The good aspects are the color and appearance. Viewing the internal workings of the device is really cool (though I am somewhat a geek). The watch runs fine while resting overnight following a day of it being worn. I love the soft 'ticking' sound it makes but it is difficult to hear unless right next to your ear (so it is not obtrusive when quiet). I was not sure about the brown color of the face but it is really more of a dark bronze and is complimented well by the silver of the internal skeleton view. The hands are glow in the dark and worked well this AM when I was getting ready to leave for work.
My wife and I priced some other watches in stores around our city and this device is by far the most attractive and least expensive we found...a great value so far....so 'thanks, Amazon!'
The watch seems to be one that can easily be worn for casual or more formal affairs with ease.
I am very pleased.
Have gotten compliments from others about it already.

See 1 answered question