Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on June 21, 2011
I bought this bag because I'm transitioning from being a grad student to being a professional, and frankly my old backpack wouldn't cut it. The old girl has served me well, but let's face it - she's only one step up from a Transformers lunch box in the professional world.

First impressions are excellent. The bag is a deep, rich brown leather. It's slightly distressed, but looks professional enough for anyone who can get away with a messenger bag for work. The construction seems really good, all the seams are well done and look strong. The inner liner is a nice dark brown that matches the leather. Oh, and it smells sooooo good!

It's a good size too - my ancient 15 inch Dell laptop fits comfortably inside it, though with no real room left for accessories (charger etc). A newer (i.e. thinner) 15 inch laptop would easily fit. I'm not sure about a 17 inch laptop though, so fair warning if you're lugging a larger lappy around with you.

Plenty of smaller pockets, two pen holders. There is a zip pocket on the outside of the main flap and another inside the bag itself.

The main compartment does not have a zip. The main flap stays closed via magnets, which is great and very sleek but they are fairly weak. I'd have preferred something a little stronger in the absence of a zip.

The strap is fabric rather than leather. It's pretty clear in the photo of the bag, but for some reason I missed it. Just a warning if you were expecting a leather strap. I actually like the strap that does come with it, it's sturdy and is a good length (I'm 6'2" with a long torso and at full extension the bag sits nicely at my hip).

The "cell phone pocket" is kind of a joke these days. It's definitely designed with an old-school cell phone in mind. Seems to me that most people who'd want this bag would have a smart phone like I do. A smart phone will not fit in this pocket.

I'm really pleased. The cons are all pretty minor and collectively they don't warrant dropping a star in my opinion. For the price (I paid $60, the tag on the bag showed an MSRP of $260) you really won't be disappointed. I'll use this bag pretty intensely over the coming months. If this field testing reveals any issues, I'll update my review.
on December 28, 2010
I had scoured the web (dept stores, etc.) looking for a man bag for a gift. I decided to try this one since I knew Kenneth Cole products are well made. This was much better than my expectations. The leather is soft, pliable and beautiful. The workmanship is great. The person for whom I bought it loved it. It was just what he was looking for and couldn't find and he lives in a large city that has everything!!!! Thank you for this great, practical and perfect messager bag!!!
on May 24, 2013
This product looks great from the outside. You can safely ignore appearance complaints, as they are most likely from people who are more familiar with shiny, cheap bonded leather than with supple cowhide leather.

One look, or one smell, will tell you this is quality, tanned leather. So why only 3 stars?

First of all, it looks like a purse. I'm not a self-conscious guy or anything, but if I'm going to carry around a bag, I want to look more Indiana Jones than Prada. Its just not my style.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, the interior is lined with some kind of vinyl material that basically makes this bag create a swishing, plastic-on-plastic sound that detracts from the perception of quality in the materials. If you're rummaging through it, it honestly makes a similar sound to a baby running around in a diaper.

As others have mentioned, this bag is flimsy and absolutely does not stand up on its own as it appears to in the product pictures. I don't consider this a quality issue and don't mind it, but if you want something kind of sturdy that you could put papers in, this is not your bag.

Anyway, I didn't dig this product and for $100, I need to. So I've returned it and went for Visconti Big Leather Organizer Messenger Bag 18410 in Distressed Leather instead. We'll see how that one turns out.
on September 13, 2011
I just started student teaching, so I wanted something more professional than my bright blue Yamaha backpack. I found this while sifting through with searches like "man bag" and "satchel." I thought it was a great price considering what I had seen at places like Fossil - not to mention it was leather instead of canvas.
When I got it in the mail I could not have been more impressed. It came in a nice box and even a printed back with a zipper to boot. It just got better from there! I've been using it every day for about 3 weeks now. The leather is still incredibly soft, the stitching is very strong and well done, along with the zipper and pretty much everything else. My macbook fits in there with a couple small binders, along with other random things like pencils, a calculator, index cards, etc., but there's not much room left over.
One interesting thing is that mine does not have the handle on the back like the one in the picture.

I highly recommend this bag for anyone who values quality and wants to use it in both casual and professional settings.
on June 23, 2011
The photo in the description shows a small handle which was not on the bag I received. Too bad I liked it.
on September 6, 2011
I got this for my boyfriend who is using it for work. The leather and look of the bag is great. However, the picture shows a handle and the bag does not have one. This was very disappointing because we looked for a bag that would have a handle. I would have liked to get the product shown..
on April 12, 2011
This is my first online purchase and I am extremely happy with the result. The leather is high quality and the bag is well-made. I have received many compliments on it and it is extremely professional looking.
on March 12, 2012
I actually bought this bag for my husband and below is the email he sent me at work after using it the first day:

"Normally I put everything in my coat pocket or if I don't have a coat then I have to shove it all in my pockets and sit on my wallet, or worse set my wallet on my desk and forget it - yes I've done that. So, it was nice to put all that in my bag, including my checkbook and then also be able to carry school books without everyone wondering why I'm lugging around a big book and then looking at it to see what it is. People are nosey and curious.

I like that it's smaller actually because then I'm not knocking people over in the elevator or taking up a lot of room because of a huge bag. If you don't have a hardcover book in there it wraps nicely around your hip so it feels comfortable and not cumbersome. I'm not pumped about having a murse but on the other hand I do have books, papers, headphones, etc to lug around and I don't mind not having to shove it all in my pockets and I have my hands free.

I know, it's like I'm writing a testimonial but I'm surprised at how convenient it is."
on October 31, 2013
I wanted a nicer looking bag to use for carrying a tablet or laptop for travel. The pros: the size and shape is very nice, The quality of construction is decent. I like the leather alot, soft, sorta velvety. I think another review said the leather was not nice, they are nuts. Its actually the type of leather that seems more expensive. I like that it has the small handle, its not perfect - it's sorta made for just moving your bag around not carrying it, but it works.

Cons: the magnet snap closures don't hold firm. You really need to kinda very carefully line them up in order to close it. Not a big deal, but it is what it is. Its the type of closure that's very common on women's hand bags. The other big con is the interior of the bag. Some comments made mention of the sound, as if this thing is going to deafen people when you move your bag around - its not like that. The interior is a cheap looking nylon, even with a sorta tacky pattern on it. It's almost surprising they used it because when the bag is open it is night and day and makes the bag look dumb. Take note - despite this detail, I gave the bag 4 stars [updated to 3 - see below]... why? because its the interior. Its the part you see the least. From the outside, this is very cool and stylish bag.

I bought the KC "Come Bag Soon" bag, and returned it because the size was silly-enormous and it looked like a laptop bag... the build quality was slightly better, but this bag is FAR more stylish.

---- Update after one year ----
After owning this bag for a year, I've mostly enjoyed it - but I've downgraded my review by a star. I haven't experienced any of the color wearing away other reviewers mentioned. But I've got to really re-evaluate my feelings on this bag. Its a nice looking bag, but the interior is killing me.... its really terrible. I find that I turn away and hide whenever I open the bag, because it detracts that much from it. I've also found that the snap buttons are pretty bad. They simply dont stay closed. If you get them just right, they will, unless the bag is over-stuffed... then it will pop open. If you love the style and price and aren't going to overload the bag, you'll be fine, and its a nice looking bag - just hide when you open it.
on April 2, 2011
The day the bag arrived, I looked it up and down, felt the texture of the leather, and this is a very sturdy stylish messenger bag, works perfect for both women and men, has enough compartments to store your stuff, my only complaint, it could have been a little bigger, but that's just me, I'm into BIG bags.