Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 17, 2011
I bought these when I bought the suit I wore to my wedding. I squeaked all the way down the aisle. I squeaked at the reception. I squeak on my way to work. I squeak whenever I go to the copier. I squeak whenever I do anything in these incredibly poor quality, blister-inducing, noise-making, overpriced shoes. I kept them past the return time frame because I figured they just needed to be worn in. Two months of wear and they still squeak nice and loud whenever I move, they still hurt my feet, and they scuff VERY easily. I took them back to Macys today and they told me to try putting felt on the areas that rub together causing the squeak. For nearly $100 I shouldnt have to make a trip to a craft store so that my shoes dont make noise.

In short: I hate these shoes. I could have bought two pairs of better shoes for what I spend on these. They make noise and are very uncomfortable. This was the last time I'll ever buy kenneth cole shoes. Truth be told, I'm not a fan of anything they make, its all walmart quality at three times the price.
44 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2007
Hello. I bought a pair of Ken Cole Reaction Sim-Plicity Oxfords (Brown, size 11) and have found them to be of very poor quality. I've had them for 3 weeks, and both shoes' upper is tearing away from the glued-on sole. I don't abuse them--this is just from walking.

I wrote the company an e-mail, and it hasn't been personally returned after 2 days (though the automated response assured me it would be). I then called 1-800-Ken-Cole, and the customer service representative told me to return them (I pay shipping), and in 4-weeks or so, I'll get a repaired/replaced pair. So I get to walk around in flip flops or buy another pair in the interim? Ken Cole presents itself as a mid/high-end clothing company, but they are most certainly not. They should have directed me to the nearest retailer for a replacement pair.

So I have the following observations:

1. The quality of these shoes is not consistent with the $100 they cost.
2. Ken Cole doesn't stand behind their products like other mid/high-end companies do.
3. I will never buy another clothing article from this company.
4. I will never buy shoes on-line again; rather, I will buy from a reputable retailer like Nordstrom's.

Thanks for reading. I feel a bit better now!
33 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2008
I got lucky with a pair of clearance Kenneth Cole New York shoes from another online store a few weeks ago, and these shoes looked really nice, too, so I thought I'd take advantage of the markdown ($35.99). I needed another pair of dress oxfords for work.

Unfortunately they have that cheap, fake plastic look to them. Maybe these are OK for a high schooler dressing up for prom, but not for a business environment. Even worse, they dug into the tops of my ankles when I tried to walk in them.

Maybe I am one of the few nay-sayers, because people really seem to love these on zappos, but I would recommend something else.
on January 6, 2011
No one can argue it is a very good and professional looking shoe. The issue I have is both of my shoes are coming apart after less than 2 months. I work in an office and wear them inside all day. The front of my right shoe is separating resulting in the front flopping. The left shoes glue had come off on the side to the point where I can basically see the underside of my foot. Also, my boss had purchased the same shoes in a different color and he couldn't wear them because they squeaked every time he walked.

Save your money and buy a different pair. I had a pair 3 years ago that held up wonderfully they must have changed their manufacturing techniques
on December 9, 2014
I wear dress shoes everyday as I'm not a fan of trainers.
Of the dress shoes I've bought these are the most comfortable and durable.
Great look, great fit and no arch problems.

After A LOT of wear and tear they do sometimes squeak when I walk.
Take the insole out and add a bit of powder or paper towels under it.
The squeak is the insole rubbing against the inside of the shoe.

Honestly I'll probably buy another pair of these because they are so much better than any other dress shoe I've bought from $40-200

The only downside is they do wear out visibly after daily use.
They get those creases on the top front that most dress shoes get.
I'd say: They look fancy for about 4 months of daily wear, but are great for the casual office for 1 year plus.

My current pair is 16 months old of probably 70% daily wear and they still look adequate and feel great.
The shoelaces disintegrated about 4 months ago, but thats normal.
As you see in the photos they aren't anything to brag about, but since my feet stay under my desk most of the day I wear them anyway.
review image review image
on March 18, 2013
*UPDATE: It's now been 4 months since I bought these shoes, and although I didn't have the uppers separate from the sole like so many other reviewers, I've had a complete breakdown of the shoe. The black rubber(ish) soles have all but disintegrated under moderate use and the inside foot pad has broken down with big peeled patches and holes worn into the toe box. I'm now left with quarter size holes in the forefoot of both soles and a broken down foot bed, so they are completely shot. I do a fair bit of walking from room to room in my clinic on a daily basis, but it's all carpet. The mystery is, I had NO problems with sole breakdown in my 3--yes 3--previous pairs of this exact same shoe. After a little more investigation, I noticed that my 3 previous pairs were made in the Dominican Republic (printed inside the tongue) and this last pair was made in....China. BINGO! I knew they were different, NOT the same fit, NOT the same look, NOT the same shoe. So I solved my own mystery. Apparently Kenneth Cole farmed their materials and production out to the cheapest bidder (which of course would be China), and I am VERY DISAPPOINTED they have joined the list of companies sacrificing quality for profit. To anyone looking to buy these shoes, I would say they are not worth the $60 price tag (Amazon), and you'd have to be insane to buy them from Macy's for $98, UNLESS they were for VERY light duty. But even then, what I suspected before I am now convinced of: there are much higher quality shoes out there for the money. I've thusly dropped my original 3-star rating to 2-stars, which to me means POOR quality and POOR value. I absolutely will not be buying another pair of these shoes.*

I just got my new black, size 11 Simplicity oxfords in the mail last week. No problems with shipping--down right fast as a matter of fact. This is my 4th pair, but this new pair seems to be different than my last 3. I've really liked these shoes in the past. I've worn them every day for work, and although they do wear fairly quickly, I've always liked the way they look. BUT, this new pair is somehow different. It feels roomier (almost sloppy) in the toe box and the toe box side profile is taller as well, indicating to me that more material was used. They definitely aren't as sleek and stylish as my last 3 pairs were. Upon inspection, I noticed that printed on the tongue of the shoe after the word "Sim-plicity" are the two letters "LE." Now, my last 3 pairs didn't have this, so I asked the gal at Macy's what it meant and she told me it just meant "leather" as opposed to a synthetic upper. She told me they are the same as they've always been, but I disagree. So, I returned my first pair to Macy's and thought I'd have better luck on Amazon. Not so, as the pair I received from Amazon also have the "LE" and feel just like the one's from Macy's--almost a half a size too big and bulkier. My other 3 pair fit snug and comfortable as a spot on 11. The bottom line is, if you haven't had a pair of these shoes before, you wouldn't appreciate the changes. But since I have owned several pairs in the past, I know that they are roomier and less refined, and I don't like them nearly as well. I'll keep them because of the $58 price tag on Amazon (as opposed to $98 at Macy's) but I won't buy another pair.
on August 11, 2008
The quality of these shoes is very disappointing. I have had a few pairs of different Kenneth Cole REACTION's over the years and they just don't hold up well -- and I work in an office all day. And when I contacted customer service they were very unsympathetic. For the price I expected much better quality. Don't waste your money on any Kenneth Cole shoes.
VINE VOICEon June 20, 2008
the design is alright. you can get better pricing if you spend time shopping at the department stores. however, i agree with a previous reviewer that these shoes dig into the back of my ankles when I tried to walk in them and actually cause abrasion at the lateral malleolus (that bony protrusion on the side of the ankle). as a frequent traveler, if/when i wear these shoes, i have to wear double socks.
on June 4, 2014
Several other reviewers have mentioned how much these shoes squeak. Mine were no exception. They squeaked the second I put them on and they're still squeaking after walking in them for several days. I've never owned a pair of shoes that made so much noise when new. The squeaking originates from the tongue rubbing against the top flap of the shoe (where the eyelets are).

To make things worse the shoes are really stiff. I wear dress shoes every day for work so my feet are accustomed to uncomfortable shoes. Even so, I developed blisters at the back of my heels and the outside bottom of my ankle bones. It seems the walls of these shoes are higher than my other dress shoes and since the shoes are so stiff it just punishes your skin.

Appearance-wise, I like the way they look. Others have mentioned they look plasticky. I can see where they're coming from, but if you don't think plastic then they don't look plastic.

Bottom line is that these shoes hurt to wear, but I like the way they look, which is why I gave them 2 stars instead of 1. I'm hoping the stiffness goes away the more I wear them. As for the squeaking, I'm going to 'lubricate' the areas that rub on each other to see if I can make the noise go away. I'll try to update my post if I'm successful.
on December 11, 2014
I bought this shoes for my husband as he liked the style. After couple of months he stopped wearing them at all. We bought these overpriced shoes in hoping that they would be nice especially from Kenneth Cole and ignored other bad reviews, wish we didn't do that. As he puts it, in office everyone knew he was around because of the squeaky noise. They are so wrinkled as if they are years older and leather actually started coming apart (photo attached). I can not recommend more to avoid them. Probably the worst purchase ever. Wish we could get our money back.
review image