5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag

3.0 out of 5 stars No top handle
Published on June 4, 2008 by Bill Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, November 24, 2007
Byron (Palo Alto, CA) - See all my reviews
Great bag, only two complaints: 1) The shoulder strap should be full leather rather than nylon. Nylon detracts from the style somewhat. 2) One end of the shoulder strap is sewn into the bag, making it impossible to remove and replace. Both ends should be attached via metal clip. Otherwise, best bag I could find. Looks good for business, plenty of pockets inside & out, fits a 15.4" laptop with room for a thick folder or portfolio, nice leather.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking bag, January 31, 2008
This is a very nice looking bag and holds my 15 inch laptop without a problem. I have two complaints:
1. The strap is a little short and cannot be replaced because one side is sewn into the bag. It hangs awkwardly when I wear it across my shoulder. This could be very awkward for someone tall
2. The leather is thin. I will be interested to see how the bag holds up. it does come with a warranty.

3.0 out of 5 stars No top handle, June 4, 2008
Bill Taylor "BillT4" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I have had this bag a couple weeks now and I am looking for another. It may work well for you, but it doesn't work very well for me, because every time I put it in the car or take it on / off my desk, I miss the small handle that most bags have on the top for just this purpose. Instead, I am lifting my arm way up into the air to elevate the bag - not great for the ol' back. This bag only has a shoulder strap.

Also it's not large enough for what I need to put in it (I'm a teacher), there's virtually no expansion, and I find the extra pockets unwieldy.

Very stylish though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, but descriptions a little incorrect, December 19, 2007
I purchased this bag for my fiance for Christmas and it arrived way ahead of schedule. After examining the bag carefully for defects I found it was very classy looking and high quality. There are lots of pockets for all your items and very durable material.

The only cons about this product is that the description says there is an accessory bag (even shown in one of the pictures), but this actually isn't included. The other thing is the padded laptop pocket on the interior is not removable.

Overall the cons were not enough for me to return this bag as I think the bag is great and I hope my fiance thinks so too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, Quality Messenger Bag, September 23, 2009
This review is from: Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage What's The Bag Idea (Apparel)
I recently bought Kenneth Cole Reaction Laptop Messenger Bag. I have to say that I really like this bag. I have been lugging around this old Laptop Back Pack for so many years and finally decided to graduate to something more gown up and business like.

The Reaction bag showed up and I was immediately impressed with the style and quality of the construction. The bag fits everything that I really need to carry with me.
* The outside compartment for files and notes is a good size - just enough but not a huge capacity
* The compartment for holding pens and business cards is roomy and is zippered. I specifically looked for a bag that had this feature.
* The interior has enough room for my tablet notebook and the power cords, etc plus room for my Sony Reader.
* The exterior compartments on the flap and side are conveniently placed and easily accessed when needed without taking the bag off your shoulder.
* The shoulder strap is comfortable. I have it extended all the way and in my opinion, it could be a little longer. Others have complained that the strap is stitched into the the bag but I do not find this to be a problem.
The "leather" and the stitching are of a high quality and present a very professional look. I have had several comments on the bag.
* The price was great. Less than $100 for this bag was well worth it. I wold have paid more and in fact the final price was lower than what the listed price and sale price would lead yo to believe on the site.

Bottom line - The bag looks great and feels well constructed. The is plenty of room for what you need on a daily basis or on a short trip - over packers might not agree. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is that the shoulder strap could be longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag. Perfect for my needs!, February 23, 2008
John Virgolino (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I did a lot of looking around for the right bag and when I saw this and read the reviews, it seemed like a fit. I was right. The quality of the leather is very good and smooth. It looks professional and with my tablet, it fits in the slot perfectly with room for the power adapter next to it. I don't like bulky, so this fit the bill well. There are plenty of pockets to hold things too. The only thing I find annoying functionally is that it doesn't have an attached handle at the top, so I have to slide it off my shoulder to put down in the car as opposed to grabbing it. Not the biggest ordeal in the world, just something I noticed. However, a handle would probably hurt the look of the bag anyway. Either way, I highly recommend this bag for any professional who wants a sleak lightweight look. By the way, I read complaints about the strap being sewn on being a problem - this hasn't been an issue at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice bag, December 28, 2007
Good quality messenger bag. Seems like it will hold up to daily use for a while. Large enough to hold a newspaper and small laptop plus compartments for i.d., etc. Sleek look and nice leather. I had ordered one from another online retailer, starting with an "O", and returned it because the leather ripped the first week used. It was very thin, stiff leather, no "name" make. Apparently there is a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars An elegant and durable professional leather laptop bag, October 3, 2011
I must admit I was a bit hesitant about ordering this item based on some of the negative reviews, but I decided to give it a shot since I've had good luck with Kenneth Cole Reaction and I like its products. Well, I was not disappointed at all. It's a very elegant man's leather professional laptop bag. The leather is very supple and high-quality.

The main compartment is divided so you can put your laptop (or iPad) on one side and put your files on the other side. The front section has several pen holders and a section for your business cards, as well as other stuff like computer cables or smartphone/iPhone/iPad chargers. It also has a zipper compartment pouch where you can put junk in.

It is very elegant accessory for a working professional. It doesn't look like a college student's laptop bag and it doesn't look like a hipster messenger bag. You won't be disappointed.

Some people have complained about how you can't undo the shoulder strap, but it's an unnecessary complaint since there isn't a handle to carry the bag. What are you going to do? Carry the bag in your arms? The shoulder strap is the only way to carry it and it does the job nicely. My old laptop bag's adjustment strap was completely junk, where by the time I walked half a mile to my train stop, the strap was fully extended. This strap stays where you put it and the length only changes when you actually change it. Kudos, Kenneth Cole! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Man-bag :P, March 9, 2010
This is exactly what I was looking for! I wanted to upgrade from my backpack and have something I could carry my personal things with me on the Metro; you know, a man-bag. (Hey! It's a satchel :P Haha)

I looked around at most other bags and they were either really expensive or just didn't cut it. I didn't want to look like I was going to school anymore, so it would have to look professional, and I wanted something I could sling over my shoulder because wearing a backpack on a crowded Metro train means you're going to hit a few people with the bag behind your back. I was willing to pay a little more if it was worth it; I finally settled on a Banana Republic bag but I'm SOO glad I found this before I bought their nylon messenger bag for $150.

This bag is sexy! When I took it out of the box and bag (the bag is packaged in an additional nylon bag. A bag in a box in a bag! hehe) I was immediately happy with my purchase. The little details really please me; the white stitching design on the flap, the shiny, silver zippers, the genuine, soft leather. People mentioned that they thought the leather was too soft and not thick enough, but I think it will hold up and age great over time, as long as you're not carrying bricks in it. I know a lot of people complain about the shoulder strap being nylon but it actually doesn't detract from the bag at all. There might be concern about the stitching of the strap to the bag, but as long as you're not too rough with it, it shouldn't be a problem. (I've only had the bag for a few weeks so I can't speak as to the durability of it, but I don't anticipate having to.) I'm also worried about the bag getting wet if it were to rain, but I guess I could find room for an umbrella in the bag ;)

The compartments are in all the right places. There's a zipper compartment on the front flap where I store my Kindle so I can pull it out standing on the Metro and not have to open my bag up and dig through things. There are magnets inside the flap and the bag to keep it shut, so I had a little worry about the magnets and having my kindle and ipod in there. I searched but I did not find evidence that a magnet this light would damage my Kindle, however, if anyone knows anything contrary to this, I'd appreciate a heads up!

There's a pouch on the other side where I keep some magazines for easy access as well.

On the side there's a smaller zip compartment that JUST perfectly fits my ipod touch and my earphones (if my iPod was any bigger, it wouldn't fit.) The organizer compartment has a place for all the basic "organizer" things: pens, some cards, a zipper pouch and a notepad pouch. I keep a cell-phone charger, some pens, business cards, a notepad and my sunglasses case in there. The main compartment is in two sections, the lightly padded computer pouch and the main space. I don't use this to carry my computer, so I can't comment on that, but the padding seems a little light. I'm sure it will be sufficient enough to travel back-and-forth to work, but don't expect the best protection from falls or if it is crushed or thrown. It looks like a 15-inch screen will fit in this the best, so anything bigger will not do. The main compartment is roomy enough as well. I carry a bunch of folders and a planner and paperwork in here and mine fits just fine. There is also a full-lengthed zipper-pouch in this main compartment.

Although roomy for what it is, I wouldn't expect to carry an absurd amount of stuff in here. The one advantage the backpack had was it could carry pretty much everything I needed, but with this I have to bring and extra duffle for the rest of my stuff (my lunch, water bottle, gym clothes, towel and running shoes.) But I'm sure Mr. Cole didn't design this bag to be a traveling or gym bag, so that's not really a complaint, just a heads up :)

I've read of complaints about the lack of carrying handle on the bag. This would have been nice, and, although I'm much more of a functionality over style kind of guy, a handle wasn't such a big deal for me and I think it would detract from the general idea/design of the bag. Speaking about style, my bag is pretty loaded up with files and paperwork and it looks pretty thick. Nothing too absurd but you might want to consider that if that is a concern, but I can't really see a way to get around that other than carry less things or get a bigger bag. The bottom of the bag is reinforced, so the bag can stand and stays in relatively the same shape and but is not fully collasable.

As you might be able to tell, I am truly pleased with the design of this bag. It has the right compartments in all the right places, is very simple and functional and not overly-complicated and it looks very professional and stylish. Like I said, I wouldn't go on a business trip with solely this bag, and, if you schlep a lot of things around with you, you might want to consider a bigger bag or carrying an additional bag but I'd recommend this great piece of luggage to anyone looking for a professional-looing messenger bag for a daily commute to-and-from work. Just my two cents :)

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of pockets, December 2, 2007
This bag is great! I use it daily. It has a few 'surprise' pockets which are great for storing wallet, cell phone, etc. The leather is a little thin, but overall I like it!

Kenneth Cole Reaction 523235 Luggage What's The Bag Idea, Black, One Size