Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 22, 2014
This is a traditional military field jacket recast with the sheen of 21st century fabric. I bought "carbon" and it's lighter than depicted, i.e., medium gray. The exterior is a medium weight and slightly stiff polyester canvas, similar to fabric used on lightweight luggage. Lining is a thin parachute-like fabric. It's comfy, resists wrinkles, lightweight and has four large snap-secured pockets and a velcro latched interior pocket, making it ideal for travel. The lower pockets have gussets so they expand when stuffed. Excellent craftsmanship is evident throughout and it looks great zipped or wide open framing a graphic tee. I love the clean look of the covered zipper and the epaulets add stylish detail while keeping my camera or messenger bag from slipping off my shoulder.

I'm 5'8" 140LB and size small (S) fits okay but is a little oversized--extra room on the torso, arms and shoulders--fitting almost like a medium on me. Sleeves are extra long, sitting over a third of the way into my palms. However, extra arm length enhances warmth and protection so I can live with it. This jacket is similar in materials and weight to a "shell" coat or beefy windbreaker--does a good job of keeping out wind and rain--and is roomy enough for heavy layering with sweaters or hoodies in cold weather. The only negative I can think of is the polyester canvas, like nylon windbreakers, makes a "sheeeek' sound when your arms brush against the body of the jacket. So no sneaking up on wildlife...

All in all a handsome and comfy jacket for Fall or Spring with plenty of extra room for layering.
on June 9, 2014
I wonder who the models are for these "imported" made in China clothes? The design is great and the material a bit heavier than one might expect for a jacket. The double lining gives this item a more expensive feel. However, the fit is not right. The sleeves are a bit short when you move around in it. The shoulders are tight and the elbow bends are tapered, making for a sleek look but not too practical for movement. - Putting on a sweater and then the coat proves my point nicely (too tight!) -

Nice pockets all over. Several velcro opening stash pockets inside, and 4 button-closed pockets for gear on the outside. I like it but will see if I can exchange it for a size larger than ordered (L). Maybe the XL will fit more like my other jackets.
on October 14, 2014
This is a nice, neat, and sharp looking jacket that looks good on a slim or athletic body. I'm a 6.4ft slim and the medium looks and fits perfect. I've returned the large size. If you're average or slim build, you may want to get one size down as it seems to run little larger.
on October 27, 2014
This coat is built to last! While not quite a leather Carhartt, and I wouldn't be opposed to wearing this while busting my butt doing some hard work, just not automotive because this is dry clean only. In addition to the four outside pockets on the front of the coat, there are two traditional pockets to put your hands in and two inside pockets for your phone and wallet. Coat fits just right. If you wear large t-shirts most of the time, select large for your size on this product. I am 5' 7" and 170 lbs and it fits without being snug. It doesn't hang off me and make me feel like I am five years old putting on Dad's clothes (like some other coats I have had).
Overall, super quality, great fit, excellent style.
on June 21, 2014
Great-looking, medium weight jacket. Super functional thanks to all the pockets, and the epaulets lend a more dressy feel to what would otherwise be a kind of field jacket. Unlike previous reviewer my husband found the size L to fit as expected all around, but he doesn't have very broad shoulders or arms.
on May 16, 2015
This jacket is awesome. The fit, the price, the style all combine for a great go-to jacket for anything. Nice enough for when you go out dressed up but can also be worn with jeans for a casual night out. Gotten many compliments so far.
on April 7, 2015
Looks and feels great. Fits as expected. I bought a medium, and I'm a 5'7 170lbs guy.
The pockets are well placed and the fabric is good quality. This is ideal for the fall, and those who like the sporty look.
on April 15, 2015
The jacket is nice and fits well. My only complaint is that I mistakenly assumed it had a zip out hood in the collar since it has a zipper in the collar which normally hides a hood and I was buying this to replace a similar style coat with that feature. It doesn't have a hood so I'm not sure why the zipper is there beyond just for added styling. Price was very good so no major complaints beyond that.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2014
Photo projects more finesse than the product. It has the texture of a light outdoir tent. That is fitting for a field jacket. It is decidedly not the urban canvas jacket. Well put togather.
on November 17, 2014
I ordered a small but it seems to fit more like a medium/large. I don't think Kenneth Cole is into tight-fitting clothes, as I had the same problems when buying a pea-coat with them. Overall, the style is OK - it looks better in the picture.