5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value in a classy Messenger Bag
Published 2 months ago by Brian

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money.
My wife purchased this for me as a birthday present at Macy's last February for around $150.00 so that I would have a nice leather bag to carry my notebook around in.

Published 14 months ago by David Burrell

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money., September 28, 2013
This review is from: Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage Full Grain Leather Messenger Bag (Apparel)

Although this was a nice looking bag new, with age the leather finish has faded and has developed small speckled spots in the black leather, most likely a result of a poor tanning process and cheap dye job.

It has never been abused or left in a car or in direct sunlight, and just developed those defects as it aged.

It is not really a bag for a laptop or a notebook. The description in the paperwork that came with the bag stated that it will hold up to a 15" laptop, but this bag really has no padding to protect one. If you're looking for a bag to haul your laptop or notebook around in, it was a nice bag when new, but it failed to keep that attractive look and looks lumpy now after just two uses.

Pros . . .
The leather was nice and soft when received.

Cons . . .
Not really designed to protect either notebooks or laptops.
The carrying strap is braded nylon, not leather.
The black dye fades, white spots, almost like mold, developed in the leather, and the leather scuffs very easily.
The inside compartment spaces are too small for some items that are supposed to fit in them.
The front flap is secured by magnets and not a zipper, and doesn't hold the flap closed very well.
It's too small for most laptops and some notebooks, and is poorly designed and constructed.

I really don't have a use for it now so it has become a closet queen, and it looks shabby after less than a year, and only being used twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value in a classy Messenger Bag, September 4, 2014
Brian (MO United States) - See all my reviews
I love this thing, it is my new "man purse" with a bit more culture and panache than my other bag (5.11 tactical messenger bag). It is perfect for office use carrying some papers, pens, business cards, a micro umbrella and my lunch along with a couple of sodas! There is plenty of room for my ipad and/or airbook as well, although adding both does increase the weight noticeably. Some noticeable pluses:

1) Very LIGHT in comparison to my 5.11 bag
2) Very INEXPENSIVE in comparison to my 5.11 bag (I bought this bag for $37 "on sale")
3) Very office friendly in comparison to my 5.11 bag
4) Very pretty for a man purse!
5) The bag alone (without additional "insulation") keeps my canned sodas surprisingly cold for up to 4 or 5 hours!

My only complaints are
1) The shoulder strap slides off my shoulder pretty easily. When loaded heavier this diminishes.
2) It lacks a "handle" at the top/center. This is only a mild annoyance though due to its light weight/use.

There are five (5) main "pockets" in/on the bag. 1) There is a small zipper pocket on the front flap. it is not very deep or wide. It is best used for flat/lightweight items. I generally do not use this pocket. 2) There is a large pocket under the flap. This is the pocket where my paperwork goes, the flap helps keep it in place. 3) Then there is the main compartment. This is a good space capable of accepting small notebook computers and ipads and such. This compartment also has built in pockets for 3 groups of business cards, 2 writing pens, and an iphone shaped item on the front side. 4) Off the main compartment (in back) is a medium sized zippered pocket. It is in this pocket that I normally carry my Mini iPad. I have also stored my concealed carry weapon in this pocket when going into work places where I could not risk carrying it on my body. 5) the back of the messenger bag also has a very large open pocket with a single magnetic button that will hold it loosely closed. This pocket is ideal for carrying newspapers and magazines, paperback books, and other larger items that may not otherwise fit in the bag underneath the flap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice leather, good size, March 31, 2014
I wish it had a handle, but other wise a very nice bag. Nicely lined, the flap has magnetic holders. The outside zippered pocket is great for short documents, phone but too short for boarding pass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, August 21, 2014
Very happy with this item - well made, comfortable to carry, just right. It's big enough for a tablet, but not the right bag for a notebook (unless it's ultra slim). I like that I needed to re-think what I carry around daily to make this work - lightened my load by a couple of pounds. Strap length is adjustable, and is best when used cross-shoulder like a messenger bag - if you try to carry same-side (shoulder) it'll slip off - and there are no other handles. The fact that it was marked down 83% didn't hurt any either...

1.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect product description and misleading product quality, October 26, 2014
The dimensions listed in the description does not match actual dimensions. It's at most 15" wide, and not 15.7" as listed unless you stretch the leather near fracture. Moreover, the strap is not made up to the same standards as the rest of the bag, making it difficult to carry the bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leather Messenger Bag, July 10, 2014
Great quality at a great price. The only problem is that the inside is not compartmentalized the way I'd like for it to be. There's just one big are with a small zipper pouch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bag!, March 3, 2014
My son is a law student and he was thrilled with this bag! He carries very heavy books and wanted something that was stylish yet sturdy!! The color is really nice! I got the brown but it looks grey! Very nice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good bag, January 31, 2014
Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage Full Grain Leather Messenger Bag is a Very good bag,Just a little too wide,Can put a 13-inch laptop,Commercial use is enough,Leather is very good。

4.0 out of 5 stars Bag is good, but Amazon's guy was careless, March 12, 2014
I ordered a black, but sent to me a brown. The bag is great. but it will be better to add a zipper inside it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good fit for Macbook pro 13 inches, September 22, 2014
The leather is very old and size is huge.Not good fit for Macbook pro 13 inches.I really don't like it.

Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage Full Grain Leather Messenger Bag