Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kenneth Cole Reaction Luggage What's The Bag Idea
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 23, 2009
I recently bought Kenneth Cole Reaction Laptop Messenger Bag. I have to say that I really like this bag. I have been lugging around this old Laptop Back Pack for so many years and finally decided to graduate to something more gown up and business like.

The Reaction bag showed up and I was immediately impressed with the style and quality of the construction. The bag fits everything that I really need to carry with me.
* The outside compartment for files and notes is a good size - just enough but not a huge capacity
* The compartment for holding pens and business cards is roomy and is zippered. I specifically looked for a bag that had this feature.
* The interior has enough room for my tablet notebook and the power cords, etc plus room for my Sony Reader.
* The exterior compartments on the flap and side are conveniently placed and easily accessed when needed without taking the bag off your shoulder.
* The shoulder strap is comfortable. I have it extended all the way and in my opinion, it could be a little longer. Others have complained that the strap is stitched into the the bag but I do not find this to be a problem.
The "leather" and the stitching are of a high quality and present a very professional look. I have had several comments on the bag.
* The price was great. Less than $100 for this bag was well worth it. I wold have paid more and in fact the final price was lower than what the listed price and sale price would lead yo to believe on the site.

Bottom line - The bag looks great and feels well constructed. The is plenty of room for what you need on a daily basis or on a short trip - over packers might not agree. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is that the shoulder strap could be longer.
on October 3, 2011
I must admit I was a bit hesitant about ordering this item based on some of the negative reviews, but I decided to give it a shot since I've had good luck with Kenneth Cole Reaction and I like its products. Well, I was not disappointed at all. It's a very elegant man's leather professional laptop bag. The leather is very supple and high-quality.

The main compartment is divided so you can put your laptop (or iPad) on one side and put your files on the other side. The front section has several pen holders and a section for your business cards, as well as other stuff like computer cables or smartphone/iPhone/iPad chargers. It also has a zipper compartment pouch where you can put junk in.

It is very elegant accessory for a working professional. It doesn't look like a college student's laptop bag and it doesn't look like a hipster messenger bag. You won't be disappointed.

Some people have complained about how you can't undo the shoulder strap, but it's an unnecessary complaint since there isn't a handle to carry the bag. What are you going to do? Carry the bag in your arms? The shoulder strap is the only way to carry it and it does the job nicely. My old laptop bag's adjustment strap was completely junk, where by the time I walked half a mile to my train stop, the strap was fully extended. This strap stays where you put it and the length only changes when you actually change it. Kudos, Kenneth Cole! :)
on February 23, 2008
I did a lot of looking around for the right bag and when I saw this and read the reviews, it seemed like a fit. I was right. The quality of the leather is very good and smooth. It looks professional and with my tablet, it fits in the slot perfectly with room for the power adapter next to it. I don't like bulky, so this fit the bill well. There are plenty of pockets to hold things too. The only thing I find annoying functionally is that it doesn't have an attached handle at the top, so I have to slide it off my shoulder to put down in the car as opposed to grabbing it. Not the biggest ordeal in the world, just something I noticed. However, a handle would probably hurt the look of the bag anyway. Either way, I highly recommend this bag for any professional who wants a sleak lightweight look. By the way, I read complaints about the strap being sewn on being a problem - this hasn't been an issue at all.
on December 10, 2014
I have had this bag for a VERY long time now and it has held up great. Previous bags I had, the strap broke, or they started to rip, etc. This one has taken a beating and still looks almost like new. Lots of nice pockets to keep various things in, and it holds lots of papers and laptop, etc. Best bag I have owned.
on December 1, 2012
This bag is totally awesome - loved it right out of the box. It's a bit bigger than I wanted, but that wasn't reason enough for me to send it back. Love the leather quality especially.
Unfortunately, the lame nylon strap is a total joke - and is reason enough for me to send it back. Not only is the nylon strap of the cheapest quality/material you might see on one of these bags, but it's also too short... way too short. At maximum length, it still doesn't hang comfortably, but rather too high - it looks and feels more like a ladie's purse than a man's messenger bag due to this. And to make matters worse, the strap is sewn into the bag on one side, so it can't even be replaced with another strap. I happen to have a nice leather strap that matches the bag well enough, from one of my older bags, I would have happily switched onto it and kept the bag for (although I do think this bag should come with a much nicer strap without having to have it replaced) but even this option is ruined by the genius idea to sew the strap into the bag on one side. Quality, attractive leather bag - worthless, junky leather strap... sewn together. Whatever designer came up with that brilliant idea truly deserves a substantial raise and bonus.
As far as I'm concerned, having worn these sort of bags for more than twelve years, the shoulder strap is the most important part of the bag - or one of the most at very least. If the bag isn't comfortable, it isn't worth wearing. An unusually short shoulder strap made of uncomfortable nylon, the side of which digs into your neck as you're carrying it, is not comfortable or worth wearing.

Sending mine back.
D.

I'm sending it back.
on January 21, 2016
I purchased this bag as a gift for my dad and he is very pleased with it. It's a bit smaller in person compared to what I expected from looking at the picture but still pretty decently sized. It's wide enough to hold lots of paper and files size 8 1/2 x 11 but not wide enough for legal sized paper (8 1/2 x 14). It also cannot accommodate laptops larger than 15''. The quality of the leather is very good and smooth and looks professional. There are also many pockets to hold extra items like keys, phone, etc. It arrived on time when promised with Amazon Prime shipping.
review image
on January 7, 2013
I bought this as a gift, and the giftee REALLY likes it. It's spacious and holds all he needs it too, and I personally think it's really stylish. It's made with genuine leather and has a padded pocket for a laptop. I think a 13-15" laptop would probably fit, but nothing larger. There are plenty of zippered pockets everywhere to hold things. I also really like the zipper pocket hidden in the pleat in the front flap - especially convenient for stashing your passport when traveling.
on December 28, 2015
I bought this bag for my dad who travels often. I was totally impressed with the quality and craftsmanship. The stitching is very unique. It is big enough to carry a laptop etc. My dad loved it. And it was kennth cole which he loves. I wil get one for my husband too!
on July 24, 2015
I've had this bag for close to 2 years now... First, only 3 issues, one, the shoulder strap pad is made of vinyl, so it's gonna crack on you on the underside, two the should strap is sewn in, not removable to replace said shoulder strap pad mentioned before. Three, there is no short handle, so if the bag is sitting next to you in the car, you have to drag your bag across the console and seat banging everyone in its path.. That or hold the bag to your body as you try to clear the steering wheel... For this reason, this thing was usually in my trunk... Other than that, the leather is nice, fits a 15" MacBook Air nicely in a padded sleeve, pro should be cozy in there as well. pkenty of pockets and holsters for notepads, keys, power cords flyers, newspaper, etc etc... Not too bulky, the leather is nice, and very stylish.
on December 28, 2007
Good quality messenger bag. Seems like it will hold up to daily use for a while. Large enough to hold a newspaper and small laptop plus compartments for i.d., etc. Sleek look and nice leather. I had ordered one from another online retailer, starting with an "O", and returned it because the leather ripped the first week used. It was very thin, stiff leather, no "name" make. Apparently there is a difference.