Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 24, 2006
Whenever I need to feel rejeuvenated, this is the disc I reach for.

Muscially, I think it's the best performance -- live or otherwise -- Mr. Loggins has released. His voice is in top form, he's connected to the material, and though the band isn't as elaborate as the one he assembled on the "Redwoods" DVD, the passion of this group is extraordinary (particularly percussionists Vicki Randle and Kevin Ricard.)

And, there's a quality to this concert that goes beyond the music. You can't underestimate the physical beauty of the Grand Canyon setting, or the mystical nature and emotional feel it adds to the performance.

Whenever life gets tough, whenever I need a good cry, whenever I want to be reassured, or be inspired to make my life and the world a little better, this disc is my starting point.
on October 8, 2007
Yes, I'd agree this live show is better then the "Redwoods" that's also still available. The band is tighter musically then the Redwoods concert and did a great job. That's not to say the other is bad ... but I'd much prefer this show. Now, I can't say it's 'better' than the "Kenny Loggins - Alive' DVD simply because I LOVED Kenny's rockers on 'Alive', which was just 'smokin' hot!' BUT of course we are getting a bit older too and we're talking about a '20 year' spread of time. haha! The Grand Canyon concert is a good buy, tight band, and great percussion.
on July 3, 2006
Interestingly enough I'm only the second person to write a review for this wonderful(if not all too short) concert. Although I can't call myself a huge fan of Mr. Loggins, I do enjoy my share of perfectly executed 'singer-songwriter' crafted music....and this DVD is certainly in that catergory. Kenny Loggins is one of those 'singer-songwriters' that seems to have the 'gift' of being able to aquire the top musicians that perfectly compliment his smooth brand of adult pop-rock(any artist who has sought-out the past talents of say, Michael McDonald, knows what sound their after). These musicians are all stylish, sophisticated players capable of 'pulling-off' dynamic upbeat songs, as well as sensitive, introspective type of material. As I watch this, I truly can't find anything to fault about this inspiring concert---No "sour" vocals/notes; No akward moments; and, most importantly, NO overly-cheesy music that some Pop artist can dish-out. YES, this is a very well produced show that should certainly captivate any fan of this type of music.

As for the audio of this DVD, what you hear is what you get---there are no audio options to be had here. However, I find that the mix(stereo?) is actually very pleasing-with ALL musicians heard. The Video is what appears to be most 'dated', as this was recorded in the early 90s and was most likely transferred from VHS.

The actual concert performance is played with excitement and passion at a venue that seems to 'Encourage' this type of music. The songs in the setlist lends itself nicely to the rustic atmosphere and "shack-like" setting at the Grand Canyon. And speaking of the setlist, Kenny plays an adequate representation of the songs that have secured his place as a 'Pop Superstar'---"This is it", "Heart to Heart", "Danny's Song", "Whenever I Call You Friend", "Celebrate Me Home", ETC...

though I would have prefered the 'full-versions' of these songs over the 'Medley'. Last, but not least, the audience seems to be genuinely entertained by what is going on up on stage...obviously crucial to putting on a memorable show...the kind that leaves the crowd wanting more!

All in All, this is strongly recommended and is one of the better Nine-plus dollar purchases I have made concerning concert DVDs.....Besides, how can you go wrong with a concert that features THREE percussionists!!! Jeff
on January 17, 2015
I have always loved Kenny Loggins...His music is not just great, but has meaning, and to have the backdrop of the Grand Canyon is the topping on the cake. A very enjoyable concert to be able to watch whenever you want is a plus. I would recommend this DVD to anyone who is a Kenny Loggins fan.
on September 6, 2009
I saw this show on the Disney channel a few years ago. It was very entertaining. I had never seen Kenny Loggins do a show on television before. The Grand Canyon was a beautiful location for the show. I'de never heard alot of Kenny's songs before, so it was a real treat to here him sing songs I'de never heard. His voice is terrific and so where his background singers. Kenny also talked to the audience, which may have been a little much for some. Still, the music was awesome and I enjoyed the beauty of the Grand Canyon.
on December 11, 2013
I remember when this first came on tv....by hbo or whoever and it brings back alot of good feelings and of course red rock isn't the same anymore... but did change for the better.would recommend to anybody to buy it's great music!!!!!!!!
on December 9, 2008
I originally had Live From The Grand Canyon on VHS! And all I can say is it is worth the money to have it on dvd. This concert is uplifting, emotional, spiritual. You can't go wrong with it.

If you want to feel good, smile and embrace some good memories then get this dvd.
on September 17, 2013
I saw Kenny on the television recently, and he still sound good, but he looks a lot older. This is the younger version of Kenny and his voice couldn't be any better. Nice backdrop in the Grand Canyon.
on December 15, 2015
I had this concert on LaserDisc after getting rid of my machine, I had to get a DVD. The song "Celebrate Me Home" in this concert is well worth the purchase price of the DVD. Classic Kenny and Great sax solo!
on March 10, 2016
A really great DVD that captured a very fine performance from Kenny Loggins and an excellent band on a very special evening. That kind of vibe on stage is exactly what's missing from many 'live' concerts these days. If you're already a Kenny Loggins fan you'll love it. If you're not, grab a copy, you won't be disappointed!