Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Color: Black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$39.62+ $5.81 shipping

on October 16, 2008
The first one I ordered could not charge more than one device at a time, so I gave it a bad review. When I called Kensington, they said they would send me a replacement.
I'm happy to say that the replacement works as promised, and can charge 4 USB devices simultaneously. BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO CHARGE AN iPAD, which requires a special, high-power charger. Although it is physically larger than I expected from the picture, and does NOT have a folding plug, it is quite light, and a great improvement over carrying 4 separate chargers for all my electronics when traveling. I have taken to using it at home, too, because of the convenience. If it were a bit smaller, and had a folding plug, I would give it 5 stars.
on April 1, 2009
This product comes with a removable US electrical plug BUT does not come with the other electrical plugs for non US countries and Kensington will not sell you these plugs. Better to get the IDENTICAL product on Amazon by Lenmar - their ACUSB4 AC Travel Adapter which comes with four different electrical plugs and costs less.
on October 27, 2008
An idea long overdue. I got this to take on the road, being fed up with crawling under desks and behind curtains to plug in all my mobile devices for charging in hotel rooms. I found it to be well-designed - you can plug it into the top or bottom of an outlet without covering the other side of the outlet, and plug phone, PDA, laptop, etc. into it either going north or south. Why can't all chargers be designed like that? But now I don't need to lug all the chargers! I noticed some other reviews saying the unit didn't have enough power for multiple devices, but I didn't have any problem with that. Fully charged when I went back after a few hours. I plan to start acquiring these for home use and to give as Christmas gifts - anyone who plugs in multiple electronic devices every night would find this a huge convenience.
on January 10, 2013
This device charges up to 2 Amps Max. Each iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod) uses 1 Amp, meaning you can only use two of the ports PERIOD if you are intending to plug in two iOS devices, and two ports must remain empty. Any more than that will max the unit out. The max power rating is clearly listed on the specs for this device, but I guess people do not understand how to figure this stuff out, so hoping this review helps.

Most USB devices, including mobile device chargers, draw 500mA ( 1/2 Amp ), so you can plug 4 devices in and the combined draw will equal the max 2Amp output. Just make sure to look at what you already have plugged in to this. Each device you plugin lists its Amperage. So just add up what amperage you have, and if you have enough left, you can plug it in, otherwise you can't without getting weird issues like some of the others here are posting.
on January 10, 2014
I was very skeptical when I bought this but with two Kindles, two phones, two Ipods, etc, we needed to do something and this turned out to be a great solution. I haven't tried the Ipods yet for charging but everything else charges as it should and we don't have wires everywhere, they are now all in one place.
on August 14, 2010
I purchased this for traveling. It does not charge my Blackberry, even when it is the only item plugged in the wall. It does charge my Sony Ericsson phone, but I needed it to charge everything.
on January 14, 2010
The one I received did not come with the multiple plugs. It only has the plug for American outlets. BEWARE false pictures. It does work with the other voltages but still requires an adapter.
In a household where we own a lot of handheld electronics, we're always looking for one more plug. This Kensington charger is great! We took it on vacation and it did the job. Now if we can only manage our cables...
on February 19, 2011
I bought this to charge 2 iphones and 2 itouches when we travel. the idea being it comes with a multitude of plugs for international travel and all four apple devices can be charged at the same time. NOPE.

Plug more than 2 apple devices (iphone, ipad, itouch), and they start blinking and the charging ceases.

will have to look for another.
on June 11, 2012
Because it charges at 2 amps per USB port not 0.5 amps like a desktop computer or cheap charger that your phone comes with, it charges my Motorola DroidRAZR from 10 to 100% in 20 minutes. Yes that is my fabulous phone has an advanced battery in it, but this charger has brought back many a dead battery back to life.

This USB charger is worth every penny.

I have had it for 4 years and have used it every day since I got it at the Circuit City going out of business sale. I had a credit and had to buy something so I grabbed the first thing I saw that I might need in the future. Best impulse purchase that I never even paid for!

Highly recommended.Durable. Reliable. (no I do not work for Kensington.)

See 1 answered question