5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mouse For The Money, Not For Diehard Gamers...
After dropping over 40 bucks on a Logitech Mx518 which broke down after about a year, I did not want to spend a lot of money on a new mouse. After much "research" & reading the reviews here, I decided on the Kensington Ci20 (I was able to purchase mine for just over 20 bucks). The mouse is very responsive and has a great feel. This is primarily due to the rubber side...
Published on October 3, 2007 by "The Woj"

3.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse... Questionable quality
[UPDATE: I tightened the screws in the bottom of the mouse. The primary left button now works properly. I would rate the mouse 4/5]

For almost a year now this mouse has served me well. I love its over-sized feel and rubberised grip. It also has a lot of buttons and flexibility. However, a week ago the primary left mouse button stopped working. Suddenly an...
Published on November 10, 2008 by KDH

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse for a large hand, February 8, 2008
RC_Texas "RC" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kensington 72257 Ci20 Optical Mouse for PC or Mac (Personal Computers)
I bought this for a couple of reasons. One, it just feels much better under my hand than a smaller, smoother mouse. Some of the surface areas have a texture that I like. Two, it is ergonomic in that it is slanted on the top, which reduces stress on the wrist and arm. I also like the buttons on the side, which I mainly use for "Back" in the browser.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that sometimes it seems that my aim is a little off. Its only noticeable if click very close to the edge of a box/object. I've learned to get more of the object before I click.

2.0 out of 5 stars extra buttons DO NOT WORK on Vista, June 12, 2009
I love the ergonomics of this mouse. Too bad that Kensington is falsely marketing it as a "5 programmable button" mouse. The software included with the product explictly states that it does not support Vista.

How can this be? Vista shipped almost three years ago. It's really hard to believe that Kensington still does not support the most commonly used operating system. I guess they don't really care about their customers.

Their software does claim to work on XP and Mac OSX, but if you're on Vista be warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Great mouse!, May 15, 2009
LES (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I have already wrote a review about this mouse around May of 2009. I wanted to update my review based on my recent experience.

I've purchased this mouse in April of 2007. I use it for design work (3D and motion graphics) very heavily. I have medium size hands (or maybe smaller) but despite, the mouse feels very comfortable. This is an indication of why I've been using it for 3.5 years now!

Anyhow, from the constant use, the feet of the mouse have been worn out. So I just recently contacted Kensington and was asking if they had some sort of replacement material for the feet. Now, get this. Turns out, there's a 5 year warranty on the mouse. So they not only contacted me within just a few hours, but also send me a replacement mouse completely free (since the mouse is within the 5 year warranty)! I don't have to return my old mouse so I can still use it while get the new one. Is this customer service or what!?

For reference, this was my review from May 2009:
I've been using this mouse for about 2 years now for 3D and design work. I LOVE this mouse! The rubber grips are great. I like that I can easily maneuver this mouse with just 2 fingers. It's very light. I don't like heavy mouses where my fingers have to do a workout just to move a mouse an inch. I really like that it's so big. I can rest my hand on it comfortably. I don't use the mouse software so I don't really care what extra features it would offer. I just simply plug it in and go. Since I'm using it for so long, I'm thinking about getting another one, just in case they will discontinue making it (or it will break down), so I'll have a backup. It tracks really well for precise design work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 8, 2009
This is my third of these. Love the shape and feel, with the rubber side grips. Also like have page forward and page back buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars i wanted to buy another mouse, November 22, 2010
i've had this mouse for quite a while im not even sure where and when i bought it. all i know its been years already. i was thinking of upgrading to a new wireless mouse as soon as this thing breaks. unfortunately, i cannot justify to get a new one because i didn't want to throw it or waste keeping it somewhere. im not sure what the others got but mine is still solid as a rock. i really like the buttons on the side and the clickable scroll wheel. i didnt install the software on my now old vista since the sw included is not probably compatible anymore. i've tested its durability when i accidentally pulled my laptop 15+ times when i forget that the mouse was attached then ending up hitting hard on the floor, wall, table etc. also when my older laptop freezes i channel my frustration and anger with microsoft to this mouse..you probably know the rest of the story.....still using it now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Works, but with issues, September 5, 2009
I bought this mouse in 2005, and used it for about a year with no problems. The programmable buttons were great for light games, and had other usefull features in Windows. Then Vista came out.

Even though they claim it is "Vista Compatible" on the box and website, that is a lie. Kensington has never released a version of thier software that works with Vista. Even 4 years later, they have not done so. So if you are a Vista user, this is just a regular 2 button scroll mouse. And with Windows 7 just around the corner, this mouse will be even more obsolete.

I suggest sticking with a good Logitech mouse. And if you are a gamer, get a G5. I replaced my Ci20 with a G5 and have not regretted it at all. I gave this thing away to a friend that still uses XP.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great multi-purpose mouse, February 13, 2009
My two year old Ci20 decided to kick the bucket today when it lost a fight with a cup of coffee. It served me VERY well and saw daily use, as well as Lord knows how many drops. It is a larger mouse, yes, and is very well designed overall.

It feels sturdy. It's plastic but it feels like rubber coated wood in the hand. The #4 button on the side is a little too far up for even my hand to reach comfortably, and it's well known that every now and then these mice will slowly scroll across the screen when between movement.

Worked great for college papers, internet browsing and gaming.

Goodbye my Ci20!

Did I mention it's tough until you try to water it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mouse, January 27, 2011
My wireless mouse completely stopped working recently, so I needed a new mouse. I play video games and have bound actions to mouse buttons so I needed a mouse that had the extra buttons. My old mouse had one extra button on each side, while this mouse as the "forward" and "back" buttons both on the left hand side. It took some getting used to but I think I like it better this way. The mouse feels very sturdy and fits even my small hands nicely. BUT, it is not a good mouse if you are left-handed or like to switch which hand you use the mouse with; this mouse clearly only fits the right hand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse accuracy, March 27, 2010
Robert Clancy (New Mexico, USA) - See all my reviews
I really like the mouse as far as size, comfort, buttons work well, etc.....

I have one at home and one at work, and find that the accuracy is poor. Meaning, if I try to expand a window, and put the mouse on the corner and get the double-arrows, sometimes I'll just bring up the window that's behind the one I want to expand.... so I see the double arrows, but the mouse is working a few pixels off. The same goes for highlighting text. Sometimes I'll miss a letter at the end of the string.

Both mouses work that way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Mouse- light wieght and large sized, March 3, 2008
Noah J. Lowder (United States of America) - See all my reviews
Ci20 is a decent mouse. I got it a month ago for my laptop. buttons work well.
I have not installed the drivers and software so I do not know how well they work.
the mouse is very light, doesn't feel like your holding much. this is nice for my laptop when I am using it on my leg or such.
The mouse is also fairly large. . you may be able to tell from the pics, but it is only semi ergonomic. due to its size, my hand just kinda lays on there rather then fit to its contours.

Kensington 72257 Ci20 Optical Mouse for PC or Mac