Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kensington 72257 Ci20 Optical Mouse for PC or Mac
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 3, 2007
It's my first optical mouse and I like it! Buttons clicks were a little stiff at first, but they are fine now. I really like the rubberized grips and buttons.
on February 8, 2008
I bought this for a couple of reasons. One, it just feels much better under my hand than a smaller, smoother mouse. Some of the surface areas have a texture that I like. Two, it is ergonomic in that it is slanted on the top, which reduces stress on the wrist and arm. I also like the buttons on the side, which I mainly use for "Back" in the browser.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that sometimes it seems that my aim is a little off. Its only noticeable if click very close to the edge of a box/object. I've learned to get more of the object before I click.
on June 12, 2009
I love the ergonomics of this mouse. Too bad that Kensington is falsely marketing it as a "5 programmable button" mouse. The software included with the product explictly states that it does not support Vista.

How can this be? Vista shipped almost three years ago. It's really hard to believe that Kensington still does not support the most commonly used operating system. I guess they don't really care about their customers.

Their software does claim to work on XP and Mac OSX, but if you're on Vista be warned.
on April 21, 2011
I cant stress enough how much I love this thing. I've had 2 of them over the course of maybe 5 or 6 years. I was so sad when the first one started falling apart that I went out and got the exact same thing. I love the feel and the weight, and the way it moves across a mouse pad feels just right. However, I have large hands and they still dont quite reach the forward most thumb button the way I hold the mouse.

I do have a small complaint about the rubber sides. They are glued with a substance that eventually starts oozing out the edges and getting onto your hands. That's when its time to buy a new mouse.

I am a very competitive gamer, and in my opinion will never need an $80 or more gaming mouse, this one goes above and beyond for games like battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2.

Right now I'm thinking of buying another one of these just to have it waiting in case something happens to the one I'm using now. You really wont regret buying this thing.
on February 15, 2013
I have big hands, and this is the perfect mouse for me.

When I use most other mice, it feels like I always have to squeeze. Over time, that causes soreness in my hand.

Switching to this mouse has greatly reduced that strain.
on May 15, 2009
I have already wrote a review about this mouse around May of 2009. I wanted to update my review based on my recent experience.

I've purchased this mouse in April of 2007. I use it for design work (3D and motion graphics) very heavily. I have medium size hands (or maybe smaller) but despite, the mouse feels very comfortable. This is an indication of why I've been using it for 3.5 years now!

Anyhow, from the constant use, the feet of the mouse have been worn out. So I just recently contacted Kensington and was asking if they had some sort of replacement material for the feet. Now, get this. Turns out, there's a 5 year warranty on the mouse. So they not only contacted me within just a few hours, but also send me a replacement mouse completely free (since the mouse is within the 5 year warranty)! I don't have to return my old mouse so I can still use it while get the new one. Is this customer service or what!?

For reference, this was my review from May 2009:
I've been using this mouse for about 2 years now for 3D and design work. I LOVE this mouse! The rubber grips are great. I like that I can easily maneuver this mouse with just 2 fingers. It's very light. I don't like heavy mouses where my fingers have to do a workout just to move a mouse an inch. I really like that it's so big. I can rest my hand on it comfortably. I don't use the mouse software so I don't really care what extra features it would offer. I just simply plug it in and go. Since I'm using it for so long, I'm thinking about getting another one, just in case they will discontinue making it (or it will break down), so I'll have a backup. It tracks really well for precise design work.
on February 8, 2009
This is my third of these. Love the shape and feel, with the rubber side grips. Also like have page forward and page back buttons
on November 22, 2010
i've had this mouse for quite a while im not even sure where and when i bought it. all i know its been years already. i was thinking of upgrading to a new wireless mouse as soon as this thing breaks. unfortunately, i cannot justify to get a new one because i didn't want to throw it or waste keeping it somewhere. im not sure what the others got but mine is still solid as a rock. i really like the buttons on the side and the clickable scroll wheel. i didnt install the software on my now old vista since the sw included is not probably compatible anymore. i've tested its durability when i accidentally pulled my laptop 15+ times when i forget that the mouse was attached then ending up hitting hard on the floor, wall, table etc. also when my older laptop freezes i channel my frustration and anger with microsoft to this mouse..you probably know the rest of the story.....still using it now.
on September 5, 2009
I bought this mouse in 2005, and used it for about a year with no problems. The programmable buttons were great for light games, and had other usefull features in Windows. Then Vista came out.

Even though they claim it is "Vista Compatible" on the box and website, that is a lie. Kensington has never released a version of thier software that works with Vista. Even 4 years later, they have not done so. So if you are a Vista user, this is just a regular 2 button scroll mouse. And with Windows 7 just around the corner, this mouse will be even more obsolete.

I suggest sticking with a good Logitech mouse. And if you are a gamer, get a G5. I replaced my Ci20 with a G5 and have not regretted it at all. I gave this thing away to a friend that still uses XP.
on February 13, 2009
My two year old Ci20 decided to kick the bucket today when it lost a fight with a cup of coffee. It served me VERY well and saw daily use, as well as Lord knows how many drops. It is a larger mouse, yes, and is very well designed overall.

It feels sturdy. It's plastic but it feels like rubber coated wood in the hand. The #4 button on the side is a little too far up for even my hand to reach comfortably, and it's well known that every now and then these mice will slowly scroll across the screen when between movement.

Worked great for college papers, internet browsing and gaming.

Goodbye my Ci20!

Did I mention it's tough until you try to water it?