- Size (LWH): 1.75 inches, 2.75 inches, 5.25 inches
- Weight: 1.6 ounces
Kensington Mini Battery Extender and Charger for iPod and iPhone 1G, 3G, 4G (Black)
- NOTE: This item is model number K33459US; it is the same product as Kensington's K33442US but featuring new reduced packaging
- Compatibility: iPod nano 1G, 2G, 3G; iPod classic 4G, 5G, 5.5G, 6G; iPod touch; iPhone
- Power and charge your iPhone or iPod--extends play time up to 30 hours of music or 6 hours of video (on iPod nano 3G) or 3 hours of talk (on iPhone)
- Includes retractable USB charging cable, and it's small enough to keep connected to your iPhone or iPod
- High-capacity, rechargeable Lithium-Ion polymer battery pack for increased energy efficiency
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Keep on talking, keep on rocking.
The power you need to keep the conversations and music going.
Small and unobtrusive enough to keep connected to your iPhone or iPod while you're using it.
Power and charge your iPhone or iPod on-the-go, and enjoy an extended playtime of up to 30 hours of music; 6 hours of video; or 3 hours of talk. The high-capacity, rechargeable Lithium-Ion Polymer battery pack is small and unobtrusive enough to keep connected to your iPhone or iPod while you're using it.
The LED battery meter lets you visualize how much juice you have left, and the included retractable USB charging cable makes powering up the battery pack a snap. Backed by Kensington's 1-year warranty.
What's in the Box
Kensington Mini Battery Extender and Charger for iPhone and iPod (Black), USB charging cable.
Learn More About Universal Power Adapters
Universal Power Adapters are a convenient choice for households and businesses that have multiple brands of laptops/netbooks. More compact and portable than standard OEM bricks, Kensington Universal Power Adapters can be shared between Users of different laptop brands simply by exchanging the tips included in the packaging. Also, many of Kensington’s Universal Power Adapters offer additional functionality over standard OEM bricks by including a USB port to allow for charging peripheral devices (i.e. Smart Phone, MP3 Player, Personal Gaming Device) while also charging/powering your notebook.
Kensington’s Universal Power Adapters are a popular replacement to lost or broken OEM adapters. But most often, users enjoy the convenience of having an additional Universal Power Adapter to keep in their travel cases for use on the road.
Top Customer Reviews
I was able to charge iPhone 3GS with 20% battery power left back to 80% in 1 hour and to 95% in less than 2 hours. If you turn the iPhone off (if u flying for example) and then start charging it, you might get even faster charging time.
There are few gotchas you should be aware of.
1. if you use a case with your iPhone, the charger might not work. I was lucky and the charger fits and works with mine, but it's not really securely attached. I have to remove the case if I want really good grip. This is of course not an issue of the charger and I really don't care that much simply because I don't use this charger every single day.
2. The cable which charges the charger is USB-to-MINIUSB has issues - first it's only charging cable and not datacable (no idea why) and thus you cannot use for other things (I hate to carry 20 different cables when I travel). The second I really don't get why this cable exists in the first place. Why the charge cannot use existing iPhone charging cable instead or at least have an option to use either miniusb or iphone cables?
But you CANNOT use the headphone jack (example: for talking over Skype) while this external battery is connected to your iPod Touch. Kensington should have designed a shape that would accommodate the use of headphone/microphone.
If you HAVE TO use your iPod's headphone jack WHILE it is being charged by a portable battery, you will need something like this:
Music Power 0900-72 Encore Dual Port USB AC Charger with Rechargeable Extended Battery
It is not a one-piece design like the Kensington, but because of that, it is more flexible (It's a general purpose portable/AC 2-port USB charger) and will allow me to continue my Skype session without interruption. In other words, I can CHARGE my iPod Touch and USE my headphone/microphone at the same time. Not only that, there is no issue with having to remove iPod Touch's protective case if you have one, or having to maintain a certain angled contact between the battery and the iPod for positive charging to take place. For me, this is a much better and more practical solution to extending the use of my iPod Touch. And it is also cheaper than the Kensington, plus you will most likely be able to use this battery on future versions of iPod and things that rely on USB power. I highly recommend it (Music Power 0900-72 Encore).
Music Power 0900-72 Encore Dual Port USB AC Charger with Rechargeable Extended Battery is no longer being sold.
Now I recommend the following, which is also very versatile and cheaper.Read more ›
I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB and these are the two tests I've made so far:
Took the iPhone to a 20% of remaining battery and did:
1) Leave the iPhone alone (not making calls nor anything else), but with 3G and bluetooth activated, put the mini battery in and when it drained, the iPhone battery was at 70%
2) Leave the iPhone alone again, but this time with both 3G and bluetooth disabled. When the mini battery was dead, the iPhone battery got to 80%.
These are my 5 cents of my experience with this mini battery so far, I'm glad with it totally recommend it.
I will do more tests later and let you know. These tests will be of actually "using" the iPhone while the mini battery is plugged in.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Can't charge a darn thing. Even when fully charged, according to its LED, it won't charge either an ipad (2nd gen) or an iphone of any generation. Total junk and useless.Published 10 months ago by Moe Hong
exceeded my expectations. came with charging cable and stand too. works well. only negative is it doesn't plug in, if you have your protective cover on.Published 14 months ago by adam
Back when I bought this it really did the trick...although now days you can get a lot better ones that last a lot longer. Read morePublished 14 months ago by jazzyj
Works as advertised; just what I needed for using my ipod with my workout. Much better than a more costly solution available locally.Published 16 months ago by Dennis