2.0 out of 5 stars looks good, but not functional, durable, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Kensington K39717AM Protective Cover and Stand for iPad mini, Black Marble Leather (Personal Computers)
The stand does not really work, and when it does you cant even type on it. It does fit the ipad well but I would not recommend this case.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ipad mini cover kensington review, January 26, 2013
fold doesnt hold when folded to prop up ipad mini and keeps slipping. does not live up to expectation. looks cheap too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Floppy Design, January 23, 2013
When I originally was buying the cover, I wanted to have the iPad fully protected but also with a stand. When I started using the cover, the cover is not magnetic so it doesn't firmly enclose your iPad and doesn't have good support if you we're to use it as a stand. But otherwise, I'm ok with using it.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst. case. ever., January 8, 2013
I really like the Apple-brand smart cover on larger iPads but for my mini I wanted something more like the Amazon-brand Kindle HD cover. This, sadly, is not it. This case is garbage. First, it feels very cheap which might be okay if it functioned but it does not. The case fits well but folding it into a stand simply doesn't work. The felt interior and the vinyl exterior are too slippery and it simply won't hold the device propped up in either position. It's ridiculous that this ever made it to market. Kensington is a well known brand, which would imply a certain level of quality, but sadly like many other brands it clearly means nothing. They are selling cheap, broken garbage on the basis of brand recognition alone. Do not buy this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, January 1, 2013
Back is made of thin plastic and not protective and the cover doesn't stay closed at all. I returned mine because its not protective and not what was described

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, December 29, 2012
13roots (Mississauga, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
Everything reviewer Carl says mirrors my opinion on this cover. It is a sad and terrible cover. It cannot stay upright in either position and keeps falling flat. The sleep and wake-up also do not work for me. The culprit is the design of folding cover. The marketing photo for the product shows 4 folding sections, with the fourth section folding into itself. I can see how this would offer sufficient support from the weight of an iPad resting on it. This marketing photo is likely for the regular size iPad cover. The cover for the mini only has 3 folding sections, so it does not have as much support and falls flat after about a minute. I've uploaded two customer photos so take a look for yourself. This is going straight back to the retailer.

1.0 out of 5 stars tolerable issues + a deal breaker., November 23, 2012
I give the vendor (Computer Brain) points for having this in stock when almost no one else had anything available. Also, I think their lower price drove down Amazon's price. Which is good. But I think the product is a loser.

Like the previous reviewer said, the fit does not allow the smart cover/on/off function to work. It will turn off if I close the cover just right and squoosh and squeeze a little bit, but it will not turn on again when cover is lifted no matter how I open it. Perhaps when it is broken in. It is leather-ish and the cover is a bit stiff. Frankly, I am not all that concerned about the auto on/off function. The materials could also be a bit heavier to provide more protection, more cushioning, even if that adds a bit of weight.

All of the above might be forgivable, except for the following.

This cost them the one-star rating and inclined me to send it back immediately. This was the deal breaker. The cover, when folded back does not stay when the iPad mini is in the typing position. The iPad keeps falling flat. It also seems insecure in the "video viewing" position. It is just too wobbly to be holding up such an expensive machine.

All in all, this item does not inspire confidence. I would be nervous entrusting it with the safety of my nifty and pricy iPad and generally unhappy with the way it functions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but over priced, November 23, 2012
Protects the sides and back nice but no magnetic off/on. That should have been a no brainer for any cover. I would not purchase again. I did not return it because the ipad mini is so new there is not many cases available right now.

Keep looking for a better cover.

$34.99 $16.01
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.