Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 2, 2010
at first I thought I received the wrong product but I checked the model number and I was sent the correct one, the description says the stand measures 17.3 x 13.8 inches, but its length & width is actually only 15.5 x 11.5 inches, the product photo shows the legs near the edge of the stand but they're actually about .75 inches in, why is that important? because it means you have even less room to put something under the stand, out of the length of 15.5 inches you can only fit something that about 11.5 inches long, the ends of the screws stick out unlike the flat surface that you see in the product photo, and finally the bottom of the board does not have curved edges like you see in the product photos, I just hope they didn't also lie about the weight this stand supports
44 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
I was planning to put my laptop under this monitor stand (in its docking station with lid closed) to free up desk space.

My laptop is 13.75 inches wide. The description says the monitor stand is 16.3 x 12.6 inches, but actual dimensions are 15.7 x 11.7 inches. When assembled, space between the legs under there is 11.65 inches -- not wide enough to fit a laptop unless it's small.

Construction is sturdy; fit and finish are acceptable. Assembly is easy. My complaint is the misleading size specification.
review image
on January 29, 2007
The top of the stand is solid and looks good. The "SmartFit" removable pieces on the legs are a nice way to customize the height, but also make the legs feel a little flimsy or shaky. Still it's a decent stand overall, and less tacky looking than a Fellowes stand I'd previously bought. As a side note I believe Amazon may have sent me an item that had been returned, because the top had some stratches on it.
on September 6, 2008
Came on time. Very good product. Easy to put togther. Only thing I have to complain about is that you can see the fasterners from top of stands platform. Its coated black so its blends in a bit but would have been nice if they figured a way to put together and not have fasteners showing on top.
on December 2, 2010
Am I the only one who tried popping the supports together to get an idea of how high I wanted it, only to find out that they don't come apart? Wish the instructions had something written to that effect rather than a bunch of colorful hands and no instructions. When I tried to pull the supports apart, one of the plastic pegs broke off. I ended up breaking the whole piece out with some tools - not pretty, but does the job. Not faulting Amazon here; I know they would have replaced it had I asked. That being said, this stand works great for my 26" tv; the cable box fits underneath the stand perfectly. Just be careful!
on February 20, 2010
A few issues:
The legs on this thing are a bit creaky on account of all of the removable height adjusters, and there are visible lines between each piece, which makes it a bit less pretty. Also, the rubber nubs that attach to the bottom don't stick super well if you're moving it around occasionally.

Bottom line: If you anticipate moving this around a lot, or your desk or monitor wobbles around a bit, I might not buy this. Also wouldn't recommend it for laptops. Otherwise, it's nice, looks cool, and it does its job well for a respectable price.
on July 28, 2015
Out of four of the screws - only one would go in. The rest are so tight, you need a full handled allen wrench just to get them in! The stupid little allen wrench that is sent is not the best tool for this application. I still haven't gotten them screwed in tight. I dont think I should have to pay extra for a 'real' allen wrench just because the other three screws wont go all the way in. They are still sticking up about half way. This was not designed well. Was all excited when I got it, then I tried putting it together.... yeah.
on March 1, 2013
This broke while trying to assemble it. Very shoddy made shelf.. look for something else... It looks good from the image, but big dissapoint when you get it in your hands..Returned to Amazon with out a problem...
on November 30, 2009
Well it works but the wrong way. Firstly they dont tell you the dimensions from inside the screw holes. A 15 inch tuner or whatever WONT fit. Although the dimensions say 15 or less. But again the screws mess that all up. I did manage to turn the monitor stand the other way but it looks silly but it works. Also one screw went in loosley
wont not tighten stripped. Also the stickers they give you to hide the screw is awful wont stay on long before falling off! wouldnt recoomend to anyone save your money for something else!!! Not worth the mony. Should tell you exact dimensions underneath stand so you can figure out if your tuner or component will fit at all! Poor design. Top of stand is wood will scratch eventually as well
on August 8, 2011
This stand works just fine for me. The packaging was so nicely done it was almost comical. Everything neatly separated, and they even provided the little hex tool to screw in the screws. I started to take the top board outside to drill in some countersunk holes, to get the screw heads flush with the wood, but I found they'd already done that.

I put one spacer in the front (on each side) and zero in the back, in order to get an upward tilt to the platform. This way my monitor tilts back slightly the way I want. I don't think that this stand was designed to do that, but it works fine.