4.0 out of 5 stars Kensington Monitor Stand
Came on time. Very good product. Easy to put togther. Only thing I have to complain about is that you can see the fasterners from top of stands platform. Its coated black so its blends in a bit but would have been nice if they figured a way to put together and not have fasteners showing on top.
Published on September 6, 2008 by Frank M. Sato

1.0 out of 5 stars don't believe the description, its all a lie
Published on August 2, 2010 by GutsMan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars don't believe the description, its all a lie, August 2, 2010
GutsMan "GutsMan" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kensington K60089 Monitor Stand Plus with SmartFit System (Office Product)
at first I thought I received the wrong product but I checked the model number and I was sent the correct one, the description says the stand measures 17.3 x 13.8 inches, but its length & width is actually only 15.5 x 11.5 inches, the product photo shows the legs near the edge of the stand but they're actually about .75 inches in, why is that important? because it means you have even less room to put something under the stand, out of the length of 15.5 inches you can only fit something that about 11.5 inches long, the ends of the screws stick out unlike the flat surface that you see in the product photo, and finally the bottom of the board does not have curved edges like you see in the product photos, I just hope they didn't also lie about the weight this stand supports

3.0 out of 5 stars solid top, legs could be better, January 29, 2007
Adam S. (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
The top of the stand is solid and looks good. The "SmartFit" removable pieces on the legs are a nice way to customize the height, but also make the legs feel a little flimsy or shaky. Still it's a decent stand overall, and less tacky looking than a Fellowes stand I'd previously bought. As a side note I believe Amazon may have sent me an item that had been returned, because the top had some stratches on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kensington Monitor Stand, September 6, 2008
Frank M. Sato (Tampa, FL United States) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality good, size too small, size specification incorrect, January 24, 2012
I was planning to put my laptop under this monitor stand (in its docking station with lid closed) to free up desk space.

My laptop is 13.75 inches wide. The description says the monitor stand is 16.3 x 12.6 inches, but actual dimensions are 15.7 x 11.7 inches. When assembled, space between the legs under there is 11.65 inches -- not wide enough to fit a laptop unless it's small.

Construction is sturdy; fit and finish are acceptable. Assembly is easy. My complaint is the misleading size specification.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better instructions would have been GREAT!, December 2, 2010
Paula (Austin, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
Am I the only one who tried popping the supports together to get an idea of how high I wanted it, only to find out that they don't come apart? Wish the instructions had something written to that effect rather than a bunch of colorful hands and no instructions. When I tried to pull the supports apart, one of the plastic pegs broke off. I ended up breaking the whole piece out with some tools - not pretty, but does the job. Not faulting Amazon here; I know they would have replaced it had I asked. That being said, this stand works great for my 26" tv; the cable box fits underneath the stand perfectly. Just be careful!

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and works fine, but versatility comes at a price, February 20, 2010
N. Luchsinger (Seattle, Washington) - See all my reviews
A few issues:
The legs on this thing are a bit creaky on account of all of the removable height adjusters, and there are visible lines between each piece, which makes it a bit less pretty. Also, the rubber nubs that attach to the bottom don't stick super well if you're moving it around occasionally.

Bottom line: If you anticipate moving this around a lot, or your desk or monitor wobbles around a bit, I might not buy this. Also wouldn't recommend it for laptops. Otherwise, it's nice, looks cool, and it does its job well for a respectable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monitor Stand, May 24, 2009
Great Dane "jeffjorg" (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Great style, light-weight, easy to assemble, adjustable height -- the perfect monitor stand for my office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, October 25, 2009
It was everything I expected. It is sturdy and large enough to support my 28" monitor. It was worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy stand for my purposes, December 7, 2011
I purchased this stand to use with my laptop. I was getting neck pain from looking down at my laptop screen. Now I can look straight ahead while I work, and my neck no longer hurts. I've also purchased the logitech wireless keyboard and mouse to accompany the stand--Perfect combination. The stand is sturdy, and includes additional pieces to place the screen height to suit any user.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent packaging, works fine, can be adjusted to tilt, August 8, 2011
Chris C. (Atlanta, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
This stand works just fine for me. The packaging was so nicely done it was almost comical. Everything neatly separated, and they even provided the little hex tool to screw in the screws. I started to take the top board outside to drill in some countersunk holes, to get the screw heads flush with the wood, but I found they'd already done that.

I put one spacer in the front (on each side) and zero in the back, in order to get an upward tilt to the platform. This way my monitor tilts back slightly the way I want. I don't think that this stand was designed to do that, but it works fine.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›