Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Color: Black|Change

on June 25, 2009
Small and efficient. I bought this to carry and protect my 17" laptop. It is comfortable and light. I have mainly used this bag to provide protection for my laptop in my backpack. It works well for that use.

My only complaint is that there is no convenient place for your laptop charger. But my charger fits (awkwardly) in the accessory pouch on the outside. That is a small price to pay for the compact efficiency of this very nice bag.
11 comment|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised when I received this sleeve. I thought that it was going to be flimsy and inexpensively ugly, but, since I am so price concious I went ahead and bought it. Has lots of room with pockets and the bonus was the handles that you can carry the laptop. I am very pleased and glad that I took the risk. My boyfriend had bought me a different one and it arrived at the same time for 3x the amount and it wasn't as versatile. Absolutely what I wanted!!!
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2009
This is a top of the line sleeve for all your laptop needs. Two ways to carry and enough storage for all the cords and items needed to make your laptop experience great. We took ours on vacation and it protected everything and yet it was all there ready to plug up when we arrived.
on January 21, 2010
Case works well - probably the closest to a custom fit as you can get - the G71 catches slightly going in if you go back first but if you go front first it slips right in. Ample storage for the usual accessories, mouse, ethernet cabling, power supply in the velcro closure flap - probably add 2 or 3 movies/disks and still fit nicely. Flap has a two-point velcro closure and it stayed secure on a 4-hop airplane trip - got back with everything I left with. Has a rear pocket with a single velcro closure which worked well for carrying flight documents and itinerary. There is padding but it's minimal but appears sufficient. It definitely won't take anything bigger than a 17.3" widescreen laptop. But for anything that size or smaller it's an excellent and inexpensive alternative.
on July 30, 2010
This bag fits my 17" MBPro perfectly. It even has enough room to put a neoprene sleeve on my computer for when I have to take it out for security at the airport (though sliding it back in takes two hands with the neoprene on).

I was disappointed yesterday when the shoulder strap metal piece came off. The stitching that holds the metal ring onto the bag simply frayed. There is nothing left of the material that can be used for restitching to reattach the strap. The bag can still be carried my the handles, but of course, the strap makes it much easier.

I've only had this bag 3 months, the size is perfect, just be aware it may wear out quicker than you like. I'm probably going to order another one, even though it has a short life span, because the bag is small enough to be a simple briefcase, and large enough to carry the computer, power cord, a few files, and my Magic Mouse.
on March 4, 2010
My Sony is a rather large laptop and I looked and looked for a case that was padded, but not too large. And, one that fit such a large laptop. Found it!

The thin back pocket can house a couple of CDs, papers, a couple of flashdrives, etc.
Inside padding isn't extremely thick, but, offers a good bit of protection.
Zipper is sewn on via a separate piece and keeps the computer from rubbing up against it.
Very nice detail. Someone was thinking!
Handles seem well made and there's a carrying strap inside if you need it! Very nice buy!

Comment on another reviewer's comment: The front pocket fits my power cord just fine. I even put my rather large trackball in there! Sure, it's bulky, but, it's not the case's fault. Blame SONY for providing such a large, bulky power cord. (...just kidding)

FYI: My SONY laptop dim.: 15 1/8" by 10 1/8" by 1 1/8" (Monitor is a 16 1/4")

NOTE: Be careful about measurements when buying cases. Most listings are for monitor (diagonal) sizes. But, some cases list the case's OUTER measurements. Just be careful. Adapt the old seamstress motto: Measure twice--Cut once.
Except yours would be: Measure twice--check all wording in product listings regarding measurements, then--BUY once! :-)
on July 16, 2010
Zipper broke first time I tried to take my computer out of the bag at the airport. Just flew right off. Rule one. Spend a little more for quality.
on February 24, 2011
I'm not here to bring down the willingness to buy this product for anyone else. I'm more here to inform anyone that this product is like the picture in the default photo, and the customer pictures. But it is NOT like the other product items where it shows extra space and such. I guess I was in a fantasy land to think the bag would come with all the room that was "promised" in the 3 other product pictures. Just a fair warning!

Other than that. I like the bag. Came with a shoulder strap. Shipping: Came the day before the first day of expected arrival.
VINE VOICEon June 11, 2011
This case, at a very economical price is just what is needed. I have a 17.3" Acer laptop and it fits snugly, with outside pockets on front and on the back of the case, to carry the power adapter, or anything else you might need. Other reviewer noted, just like I do, that the picture that is shown in the page for this case is different than what is shipped. The one in the picture looks like a higher priced case than this one. It is a small complaint, but something I wanted to point out.
on January 22, 2013
Just received a custom-ordered 17.3-inch laptop/mobile workstation and spare batteries as my "power failure" system after being down 10 days from Sandy. I won't use it much otherwise - twice-a-month syncing with my main tower, and maintenance/updates... maybe an occasional Saturday of web-surfing just so I stay comfortable with it.

So I needed a good bag to keep the laptop and peripherals in a safe place that would be easy to transport when needed. I also was not interested in one of those oversize backpacks, or "professional" carry cases - I saw no reason to spend a lot on this.

I saw this Kensington bag here at Amazon, liked the specs and simplicity, and felt the price was reasonably inexpensive without being "cheap". It arrived quickly, and with no effort at all, I was able to pack the following:
- the 17.3-inch laptop with the standard battery installed (inside, main area)
- both spare 10-hour batteries in their bubble-wrap pouches (inside, pocket)
- a corded mouse (outside)
- AC adapter/charger and all cables (outside)
- spare Cat5 cable (outside)
All together, it weighed in at 15 pounds, but the padded shoulder strap made it easy to carry and transport. This is exactly what I needed, at the right price, and I was impressed with its ability to hold the laptop and all the peripherals in one neat package.